PDA

View Full Version : Templates from Core books

theboss
2016-02-09, 01:01 PM
So my group suddenly decided that all of us should play classes only from core books (all 6 of them - complete warrior, complete adventurere and atc...)
I've already made my mind of my build. and i need your help to find template from one of those core books, if any...
ty from advance

WeaselGuy
2016-02-09, 01:23 PM
Well, it would help to know what your build is, or at least what you want your character to do, in order to help you find a useful template. Also would help to know if there are any restrictions on templates, i.e. alignment, type, or level adjustment. Without knowing a little bit more, it's gonna be kinda hard to help you find whichever template it is you're looking for.

KillianHawkeye
2016-02-09, 01:25 PM
It would also really help to know exactly which books you're allowed to use, since Complete Warrior and Complete Adventurer are not core books....

WeaselGuy
2016-02-09, 01:34 PM
It would also really help to know exactly which books you're allowed to use, since Complete Warrior and Complete Adventurer are not core books....

I assumed he meant core + the 6 completes. That's about the only thing that made sense to me...

gorfnab
2016-02-09, 01:34 PM
So my group suddenly decided that all of us should play classes only from core books (all 6 of them - complete warrior, complete adventurere and atc...)
I've already made my mind of my build. and i need your help to find template from one of those core books, if any...
ty from advance
On these boards most people refer to the Core books being the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, and the Monster Manual.

There are 7 Complete books: Adventurer, Arcane, Divine, Scoundrel, Mage, Champion, and Psionic.

Without knowing more information about your build trying to find a template would be a bit difficult. As WeaselGuy basically stated the more information you provide to us the more we can help you.

Edit: 8 Complete books. Forgot about Warrior.

Is Complete Warrior really that poor?
Which still makes it 7 Completes not counting Psionics...

KillianHawkeye
2016-02-09, 01:38 PM
On these boards most people refer to the Core books being the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, and the Monster Manual.

"Most people"? Those three books are, by definition, the only core books, so anyone who says otherwise is technically wrong.

atemu1234
2016-02-09, 01:47 PM

There are 7 Complete books: Adventurer, Arcane, Divine, Scoundrel, Mage, Champion, and Psionic.

Without knowing more information about your build trying to find a template would be a bit difficult. As WeaselGuy basically stated the more information you provide to us the more we can help you.

I'd assume no psionics, so no EPH, so no CPsi.

In this case, my favorite is always Lich.

But what's the build?

Khedrac
2016-02-09, 02:03 PM

Flickerdart
2016-02-09, 02:19 PM

CW is pretty terrible, since it came out before WotC's designers (and I use the term loosely) really understood how weak mundanes were.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-02-09, 02:59 PM
Spellstitched lich is pretty good. It's two templates, but you can acquire the second in-game.

theboss
2016-02-09, 03:43 PM
Ya. sorry.. alot of information isnt given, so i'll update :
Level 12 pathfinder fighter, 2 Champ of C.L..
my feats are :
TWF
ITWF
GTWF
Combat Expertise
Improved Trip
Knock-Down
trip master
WF
WS
GWF
GWS
Melee weapon mastery
Close quarting fightning
Improved Thoughness
EDIT: i know some of them are not from core books nor complete to.. but its all premitted by my DM
and about the core books: i ment the cores and the 6 complete guide....

SovelsAtaask
2016-02-09, 04:30 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444021-Master-Template-List-(from-the-WotC-Forum)

I'll just leave this here. The Master Template List, it has templates by book in there somewhere.

Andezzar
2016-02-09, 04:32 PM
Why do you have to have a template? IIRC most in the available books aren't that good and slap you with LA.

Pseudonatural creature does not cost you anything and Spellstitched seems nice for +1 LA

Lich unfortunately requires a caster and costs 4 LA

KillianHawkeye
2016-02-09, 04:33 PM
Well, the only core template that is slightly decent for a Fighter is Half-Dragon or maaaybe one of the Lycanthropes, but neither one of those really fit that well with a TWFing Champion of Corellon build....

Leon
2016-02-10, 06:19 AM
CW is fairly good, Cpsi is the one that is dreadful.

Andezzar
2016-02-10, 07:54 AM
CW is fairly good, Cpsi is the one that is dreadful.How can CW be good when it breaks many of the PrCs contained therein?

atemu1234
2016-02-10, 10:42 AM
How can CW be good when it breaks many of the PrCs contained therein?

Easy. Ignore roughly a single, poorly written paragraph.

Andezzar
2016-02-10, 11:26 AM
Easy. Ignore roughly a single, poorly written paragraph.Still I find the PrCs contained mediocre at best.

LTwerewolf
2016-02-10, 12:27 PM
Most of the classes in CW aren't really worth a second look, but a few are, and it's got some feats that I've made very nice use of.