PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Society] Question regarding Prestige class

arkangel111
2016-02-09, 02:31 PM
My google-fu has once again failed me. Here are the relevant texts.

Bloodrage counts as the barbarian's rage class feature for the purpose of feat prerequisites, feat abilities, magic item abilities, and spell effects.

A furious guardian is trained to harness her brutish nature while in combat in the defense of her charge. This works as the barbarian ability of the same name. A furious guardian's class levels stack with any other classes granting this ability for determining the effects of rage powers and the number of rounds per day the guard can rage.

My question is this. I have levels in bloodrager and not barbarian. Do I gain a new pool of rage (4+Con) or increase my Bloodrage by 2 rounds as if gaining a level?

I have asked my local rep already but he hasn't got back to me yet. I am heading to Radcon and hope to use this character while there. I'm hoping to at least get a playground census to use while there and get my local rep's official stance when I see him next. (he's going too but I have no Idea if I'll see him there)

Eldonauran
2016-02-09, 07:24 PM
gain a new pool of rage (4+Con)

The Rage ability granted by the prestige class is not a "feat prerequisite, feat ability, magic item ability, or spell effect". It is a class ability. It would stack with Barbarian Rage, or Viking (fighter) Rage, or other abilities that specify they work as barbarian rage. It would not stack with Bloodrage.

arkangel111
2016-02-09, 07:28 PM
That's what I was thinking as well but Its also the way that gives me the most advantage too, so i just wanted a second set of eyes to look over it. Mine are biased :)