PDA

View Full Version : Glitches in Video Games!!

171akup
2016-02-09, 11:28 PM
Ok I am making this to talk about glitches you can name what you think is the glitchiest game ever or most interesting glitch. So this is too talk about glitchy games. EX. Assassin's Creed Unity

And as glitchy games I do not mean incomplete games the developer won't fix like Batman Arkham Origins.

Fallout 4 for example an area near Good Neighbor has a wall that is possible to walk through and for me a mole rat snuck up on me through that wall and killed me when I ran away from a super mutant and got killed.

Also Megaman X being at the tutorial level I died not at the end but a Nano Second Literally right before the moment he appears it showed the scene he appeared it thought I was still alive and he started jumping around.

And even Skyrim where a Giant stood up and started walking and I just ran too a distance because I thought he just fell over.

So go wild complain about glitchy games that you love or hate. :smallbiggrin:

M_a_n_d_y
2016-02-10, 09:03 AM
Fallout 4 for example an area near Good Neighbor has a wall that is possible to walk through and for me a mole rat snuck up on me through that wall and killed me when I ran away from a super mutant and got killed.

Oh my gosh! I thought I was going crazy! I got caught in there too! There's also a corner in a hallway of Vault 81 where it's glitchy/flashy and I (stupidly) walked through it and fell for about 20 seconds before dying, in pitch black.... had to redo a quest as the price for that one.

danzibr
2016-02-10, 01:49 PM
I'm a bad person who abuses glitches when they arise.

In FFVII, the notorious W-Item glitch. The game wasn't that difficult in the first place, then you can duplicate things like your Megalixirs. Game-breaking. Oh, Cait Sith's 3rd limit break, Vincent's damage overflow thing.

FFI has the interesting glitch of a person in the wrong layer. Like, they seem to be invisible, but you can bump into them and talk to them. If you go into a building, turns out they're in the inside layer, so to speak.

Disgaea 4 has an item duplication glitch, also game-breaking. They patched it out, but the damage was done (my version still isn't patched).

Star Ocean 2 had an incredibly frustrating glitch. Once in a great while, maybe 1% of battles, the game would just not load after the battle ended. There's a super long dungeon optional dungeon in which you can't save. Lost lots of time due to that glitch.

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete on iOS. That game was so incredibly buggy. The original is great, but something went terribly wrong in the port. It crashed after literally every other battle for me at times. Takes the suspension out of a boss fight when you're more worried about a bug than actually defeating the boss. I guess I would call this one the buggiest.

I played a game once where if you did things in the wrong order there was no way to proceed. Design flaw rather than glitch, I suppose. Actually... a few come to mind. Desert Nightmare, Alone in the Dark, probably others.

Actually, a few games have overflow problems, I seem to recall.

Hunter Noventa
2016-02-10, 02:19 PM
I remember in the original version of Link's Awakening for the Game Boy, if you hit select just as you started the transition between screens, you could end up on the other side of the next screen. As in, you exit a screen on the right side, normally you show up on the left of the new screen, hit select just right though, and you end up on the right side. You can bypass a LOT of the game with this glitch.

Domino Quartz
2016-02-10, 04:45 PM
Pokemon Red & Blue. Who could forget the MissingNo glitch (including duplicating your 6th item)? Not to mention the Mew glitch, which can be further abused to instantly get a pokemon to level 100. There's also Glitch City. There are also the so-called "pokegods". You have to use gameshark or something to encounter most of them, but if you do, they'll glitch your game to hell and back.

Klaatu B. Nikto
2016-02-10, 05:21 PM
The original Mega Man (NES) had a massive rock monster guarding Dr. Wily's castle. It was only vulnerable when it opened its eye after fully forming. The rest of the time it fragmented and flew from one side of the room to the other. Very difficult to kill without lots of patience and good jumping skills.

However, it was extremely vulnerable to Elec Man's Thunder Beam. Once you tagged it with that weapon and rapidly pressed 'Select' (pausing and unpausing the game), it ups the damage so you kill it a lot faster.

I don't think this is a glitch but in Mega Man 2, using Flash Man's Timestop on Quick Man eliminates half his life bar. He's still hard to kill unless you already beat Metal Man.

gooddragon1
2016-02-10, 06:16 PM
In UT2k4, I used to play a mod called monster mash invasion. Some of the maps had a way to get outside of the boundaries with things like the flight power up. I used to do that all the time. I also discovered a glitch in the mod where if you died with the invulnerability globe active (by falling off a cliff) and a respawn power up you permanently had invulnerability for the rest of the map. I eventually got banned for continuing to go outside the boundaries despite the warnings of the administrators and bragging that I could rotate IP (I was 16 at the time).

In MTG Shandalar, my brothers discovered a glitch where you could force the enemy to tap their lands and mana sources by clicking on them (mana burn existed back then). In the newer version you can still partially do this by clicking on things like celestial prism (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=5).

In Mechwarrior 2 mercenaries, I discovered a glitch where the elemental (a 1 ton mech) seemed to have no weight limit. I think I did this by removing gear or something and then trying to add it back. I ended up with a mech that had 9001 tons of armor on every body part (I think) and absolutely bonkers amounts of weaponry ((the non heat inducing kind) and ammo to match).

In Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind I discovered that you make vendors increase their stock of items with a negative amount (the ones that instantly refresh) permanently by reselling them to them. I also discovered that intelligence potions increase your ability to make better and better potions, that going too fast causes you to go through walls, and that corprus disease will not kill you but will give you ridiculous stats. Of course, all of this pales in comparison to the glitch I found online where you make a spell with restore health 1 on target for 1 second and fortify X stat by X for 1 second. Aim it at a wall and the fortify lasts indefinitely.

In Mordor depths of dejenol, I discovered that using a potion of cure disease on yourself (or the spell) when you aren't diseased will cause you to get the diseased status and start gaining health above your cap. When you gain enough (like in the low 1000's) monsters start running away and leaving their loot for you. Works great until you get diseased for real or your items fill up and you have to go back to town.