PDA

View Full Version : Thunder-Based Build

RickAllison
2016-02-10, 12:45 AM
Exactly as in the title. I want some input on creating a thunder damage-based build, lightning optional. Candidates to consider include Tempest Clerics, Storm Sorcerers, Bards (for Destructive Wave and other hard-to-get spells), and anything else that sounds good. Any thoughts for either straight L20 or for multiclasses would be appreciated.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-10, 08:44 AM
Exactly as in the title. I want some input on creating a thunder damage-based build, lightning optional. Candidates to consider include Tempest Clerics, Storm Sorcerers, Bards (for Destructive Wave and other hard-to-get spells), and anything else that sounds good. Any thoughts for either straight L20 or for multiclasses would be appreciated.

If your looking for a thunder based build I would just go tempest cleric they do get destructive wave. Plus all there abilities cater to thunder or a few lighting.

Lavok Rammstein
2016-02-10, 09:02 AM
Tempest cleric is where it is at. You get most of the good thunder spells. Might want to splash in some sorcerer to get chromatic orb.

Oramac
2016-02-10, 09:55 AM
I have to disagree with the above. I'm currently playing a Tempest Sorcerer in AL and enjoying it quite a lot. Granted I'm playing it more for Lightning than Thunder, but the basic concept is the same. I'm currently Level 6 (Sorc 4 / Cleric 2)

- Start Storm Sorcerer for proficiency in Con saves

- Take 2 levels of Tempest Cleric for Destructive Wrath (and medium armor/shields)

- Go 17 more levels in Storm Sorcerer.

You still get all the Thunder-y goodness, plus Con saves and lots of Metamagic options. Seriously, a Twinned and Maximized Chromatic Orb is absolutely brutal. Thunderwave, Shatter, Chromatic Orb, all do Thunder damage that you can maximize with Destructive Wrath.

And if you don't mind the occasional Lightning spell, a Maximized Lightning Bolt is tons of fun.

Nicodiemus
2016-02-10, 10:49 AM
I think you wanna MC tempest cleric with storm sorcerer probably 14/6 or thereabouts. Auto max damage on a lightning bolt would be pretty epic