PDA

View Full Version : Best Deity/Domain for Luck Cleric?

TheCreatorT
2016-02-10, 01:29 AM
HEY another post by the newbie :smallbiggrin:!

Well I am making another character for laughs or whatever, and I thought maybe create a Luck based char. Now my first thought is Human Cleric; Human for the feats and Cleric for the Luck Domain for flavor. Then I would level in the prestige class Fortune’s Friend. My question is, who would be the best deity/domain for my char? I do plan for him to be chaotic good, or close to that anyways. I was thinking Kord, so both my alignments matched and I had access to Chaos and Good, but what do you guys think?

(And yes I could wait to use the character in an actual campaign and ask the DM if there are any deities that could fit my sort of char but again I am making this char during my free time).

Zaq
2016-02-10, 01:57 AM
Not sure if there are any deities that offer both Luck and Pride, but mechanically, the granted power of Pride fits very well with the granted power of Luck. Luck lets you reroll one d20 of your choice every day, while Pride lets you reroll any time you get a nat 1 on a saving throw (once; if you get a second nat 1, you're out of luck). Still, I think it fits.

TheCreatorT
2016-02-10, 02:01 AM
Not sure if there are any deities that offer both Luck and Pride, but mechanically, the granted power of Pride fits very well with the granted power of Luck. Luck lets you reroll one d20 of your choice every day, while Pride lets you reroll any time you get a nat 1 on a saving throw (once; if you get a second nat 1, you're out of luck). Still, I think it fits.

I saw the Destiny domain which does similar apparently. Maybe that one domain instead?

Zaq
2016-02-10, 02:12 AM
I saw the Destiny domain which does similar apparently. Maybe that one domain instead?

Destiny also kinda works, though it really doesn't do the same thing. It's basically Luck for someone else (1/day reroll, can't be used on self) than Pride (reroll one specific kind of failure as many times per day as you like). The spells of Destiny might be more appropriate than Pride, though, so that wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Darrin
2016-02-10, 04:47 PM
Some possible candidates:

Fharlaghn (Core). Celerity, Luck, Protection, Travel, Weather.

Istus (Complete Divine). Celerity, Chaos, Destiny, Knowledge, Law, Luck, Mind, Oracle.

Olidammara (Complete Divine). Celerity, Chaos, City, Luck, Mind, Trickery.

Aasterinian (Races of the Dragon). Chaos, Dragon, Luck, Travel, Trickery, Charm, Illusion, Trade.

Bahamut (Races of the Dragon). Air, Dragon, Good, Luck, Protection, Nobility, Storm.

Aurifar (Sandstorm). Fire, Luck, Summer, Sun, Travel.

Hathor (Sandstorm). Protection, Good, Luck.

Enlil (Sandstorm). Good, Luck, War.

Hercules (Deities & Demigods). Chaos, Good, Luck, Strength.

Hermes (Deities & Demigods). Chaos, Good, Luck, Travel, Trickery.

Rudd (LG Deities 2.0). Chaos, Competition, Destiny, Luck.

Dread_Head
2016-02-10, 06:03 PM
I'd possibly consider Goliath for the race as their Auspicious Markings Line of feats are generally better than the luck feats.