PDA

View Full Version : Shadowbane Stalker

Master O'Laughs
2016-02-10, 08:00 AM
Hi Everybody,

In a campaign I am playing in our rogue may leave the party soon (due to character reasons) and would be replaced by a druid. Our current team is monk, ranger, sorcerer, barbarian, cloistered cleric (me), bard (passive DM character), and then the druid.

Should I take the rogue level at 6 then to start Shadowbane stalker at 7?

Current build
Cloistered Cleric 5

STR 13
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 15
WIS 19
CHA 17

Feats:
Lvl 1: Extend Spell
Human: Persistent Spell
Flaw: Extra Turning
Lvl 3: DMM Persistent Spell

What feat should I take at lvl 6? I was thinking extra turning again to allow 2 persisted spells. Not sure of other possibilities.

What you all think?

Troacctid
2016-02-10, 08:20 AM
You can if you want. Shadowbane Stalker is a perfectly viable build. You probably don't need to, though. You're already getting plenty of skill points off of Cloistered Cleric, so the class isn't doing a lot for you.

Master O'Laughs
2016-02-10, 08:47 AM
The big reason is to get the rogues trap finding and disarming ability. Also, from a thematic sense it would be a lot of fun for the character.

Troacctid
2016-02-10, 08:54 AM
Oh. Yeah, trapfinding usually isn't important once you get past low levels. Barring the occasional alarm trap or the like, most traps can just be face-checked, either by the meaty Barbarian or by summoned minions. If you really want one of your party members to take over traditional trapfinding duties, it would be most logical for the Ranger or Barbarian to do it, since they can just retrain and get it mostly free: Rangers can give up Track to gain trapfinding (and Disable Device as a class skill), and Barbarians can take Trapkiller instead of trap sense.

Master O'Laughs
2016-02-10, 10:21 AM
so currently I worship Odin, but I am thinking there is a possibility could switch and a prevalent deity in the campaign so far has been Pelor. If I switched to Pelor I would plan on trying to get the radiant servant of Pelor prestige class (DM restricts some things). If so, what should be the lvl 6 feat to get?

Undead do not seem to be prevalent in the campaign so far, how good of a prestige class is it without undead to fight?