PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Trogland X: The Trog Tribe Turns Ten

Gryffon
2016-02-10, 08:51 AM
http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/app/views/con/images/trogland_logo.png (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com)

What:

The Annual Southeast Trogland Meetup is a weekend full of friends and fun!
Traditional activities include:

Dinner and gaming at Mid City Grill (http://www.eatatmidcity.com/)
Delicious homebrewed beer!
Cookout at the Ropes Course, featuring gaming and food cooked by everyone's favorite Mandalorian Chef.
Kubb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubb)
Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/30324/cash-n-guns-live)
Live Werewolf
Gaming
More Gaming
Even More Gaming

Games available:

Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live
Times Up!
Munchkin(Various Varieties)

There is a registration fee. The vast majority of that goes toward snacks & tasties for saturday's cookout and for the hotel-space rental, but there are a couple of inexpensive-but-cool extras we typically throw in.
Registration Fee: $25

Due to rising costs (particularly of the banquet room), next year's registration fee will be increasing.

Registration for the meetup will be available at: trogland.penguinsushi.com (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com)

Who:

All forumites are invited! Bring friends too!

Confirmed(24):

Gryffon
DivaDe
Penguinsushi
BardicBunny
Zeb the Troll
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Mountain_Fairie
mangosta71
Mauve Shirt
LightWraith
Krade
Reverent-One +1
Haruki-kun +1
The Valiant Turtle
Lex-Kat
Mystic Muse
Godiva +1
Chambers
ZombieRockStar +1

Possible(2):

Gitman00 +1.5

In Spirit:

Where:

Johnson City, TN

Important Note: The Hippie Hut is no longer the gathering/muster point. This location will be moved to our "host" hotel, the Best Western. Please do not drop by the Hippie Hut or the Igloo without a prior invitation.

Accommodations:

We will have a meeting area at the Best Western on N. Roan. It should be available to us starting at 6PM Friday evening until checkout time Sunday morning. As part of the booking, we have told them we will fill up a 10 room block. The room rates are pretty great. $72.99/night. These rates will apply to Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. Please make sure to let them know which nights you are staying. You are not obligated to stay all four nights, it's just setup that way, so that we have enough rooms blocked off.

The number to contact the Best Western at is: 423/282-2161.
The group name for this block is "Trogland Group."
Reservations must be made before May 23rd.
Please let me know when you reserve one of these rooms, so that we can keep track of what is left/available.

Room Count(Confirmed): 0
*They will add extra rooms, but we'll need to make sure to get at least 10.

Hotel Amenities include:
Restaurant on-site
Cocktail lounge
Complimentary breakfast
Outdoor pool
Free internet

When:

Begins: June 24th, 2016
Ends: June 26th, 2016

No official events will be happening outside this time!
However, feel free to coordinate with other attendees if you think you may be arriving early/leaving late, to form your own events.

Why:

Quite simply, because it's fun. Trogland is full of people. The Trogland Meetup is attended by some of the most awesome people in all of Trogland. Do you really want to miss that?

Additional Information:

Gone Meetupin' Avatar:
http://www.karetas.com/RP/avatars/meetup.gif

Previous Threads:
I. :smallfrown:
II. Second Annual Southeast(ish) Trogland Meetup (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70958)
III. South East Trogland Meet-up 09! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105955)
IV. 4th Annual Southeast Trogland Meetup! A roaring success! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140649)
V. 5th Annual Southeast Trogland Meetup! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186025)
VI. Trogland Meetup Episode VI: The Return of the Forumites (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232588)
VII. Trogland Meetup VII: Forum Children (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268625)
VIII. Trogland Meetup VIII: Now with the appropriate amount of tentacles! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329366)
IX: Trogland IX: Are you a bad wolf too? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?399012)

Penguinsushi
2016-02-10, 09:43 AM
Trogland 10! Awaken the sleeping forumites! Let the conversing begin!

FYI - We'll be setting up some of the formal info and registration stuff in the coming days/weeks. Gryf's dates are likely accurate.

Pushing the boulder to the edge of the hilltop; will give the final nudge soon.

Please stand by.

~PS

RabbitHoleLost
2016-02-10, 09:45 AM
Provided Mango goes, I will probably go

Ya'll don't know how bad I need this this year

mangosta71
2016-02-10, 10:00 AM
This is the best vacation I get every year. Of course I'll be there.

Diva De
2016-02-10, 11:16 AM
This is relevant to my interests.

Mauve Shirt
2016-02-10, 05:39 PM
Me me me me me me me

KuReshtin
2016-02-10, 06:15 PM
I want to return to Trogland meetup! Last year was awesome!
That Triple Full Nelson won't eat itself, you know.

Probably won't be able to afford it, though.

LightWraith
2016-02-10, 09:25 PM
I have been waiting for this thread! I am going to do everything in my power to make this one, it has been much too long. I actually get vacation days now, so I'll request the time off as soon as the dates are locked in. Then I just need to behave myself financially and we're golden. I guess I also need to figure out how I'm getting down there.

Krade
2016-02-21, 12:23 AM
I'm going. I will always go. No one can stop me.

Reverent-One
2016-02-22, 03:36 PM
Currently planning on attending again, though certain events this year could possibly take up too much time off/money to do it.

RabbitHoleLost
2016-02-24, 11:09 AM
Hey guys - wondering who's doing the swag this year?
I'm just asking because, you see, I'm sort of involved with a guy who does custom stickers, shirts, hoodies, etc and I'm just throwing it out there as a thought

The Succubus
2016-02-24, 06:55 PM
It seems like a thousand years ago I went to see you all...

Gryffon
2016-02-25, 08:29 AM
Hey guys - wondering who's doing the swag this year?
I'm just asking because, you see, I'm sort of involved with a guy who does custom stickers, shirts, hoodies, etc and I'm just throwing it out there as a thought

It's generally a discussion about what kind of swag to do. Sometimes it's thematic, but we already used Xs on the pirate theme a couple of years ago. This year being a milestone date, I've suggested something that can be signed again, so that attendees can commemorate being at the 10th Trogland.

mangosta71
2016-02-25, 09:56 AM
Will there be climbing at the ropes course this year (weather permitting)?

Gitman00
2016-02-26, 06:35 PM
Put me down as a tentative. It's a long haul from New Mexico with a toddler, but we'll make the effort!

Haruki-kun
2016-02-27, 09:05 AM
I've been saving up and preparing for this. Count me in, with a +1.

The Valiant Turtle
2016-03-02, 10:25 PM
Things look good for me so far. Wife and kids might be coming this year as well.

Penguinsushi
2016-03-03, 08:29 AM
Mango: Not sure - I'll pass it on to the Hippie directly.

Gitman: Would love to see you all again!! And toddlers should have some company!

Haruki: Sweet.

Raldor: Awesome, man!

Everyone: Still finalizing some details. Registration will hopefully be available soon. We're running a *tad* behind this year, but it's coming!

~PS

Lex-Kat
2016-03-07, 06:42 PM
Hopefully in! Just put in my slips to get those days off, and we'll see. :smallsmile: Can't wait to see everyone again.

Lex-Kat
2016-03-08, 10:47 PM
UPDATE: In!! :smallbiggrin: And I will be coming down the Thursday before, and staying until Monday noonish. :smallsmile:

KerfuffleMach2
2016-03-09, 12:41 AM
Always wanted to go to one of these, but I could never work things out to be able too.

This year is no exception.

Just started two jobs, and I'm already gonna have to take a week off at the end of July. And I have to save up the money for that trip.

So, you guys have fun this year!

Penguinsushi
2016-03-09, 09:22 PM
UPDATE: In!! :smallbiggrin: And I will be coming down the Thursday before, and staying until Monday noonish. :smallsmile:

1) Glad to hear it!

2) You may want to note that, as the OP says, we haven't yet confirmed the dates with the hotel. Will keep you all posted - hopefully we get that ironed out very soon.

Always wanted to go to one of these, but I could never work things out to be able too.

This year is no exception.

Just started two jobs, and I'm already gonna have to take a week off at the end of July. And I have to save up the money for that trip.

So, you guys have fun this year!

Alas, perhaps another time...

~PS

Gryffon
2016-03-10, 03:21 PM
First post updated, updates include;

Dates are locked in! They are as predicted.
Room block is prepared! Call! Book! Let me know!
Attendee list updates though this post!

Penguinsushi
2016-03-10, 03:28 PM
Hooray!

Things are moving forward! The registration site will be coming online soon - probably in the next couple of days!

Stay tuned!

~PS

Krade
2016-03-12, 04:15 PM

Terrific! On a side note, tyckspoon said it's very unlikely that he and Kina would make it this year, and I was perhaps wondering if you might take the slight detour to pick me up? I can offer gas money and the pleasure of my company.

Lex-Kat
2016-03-12, 07:30 PM
Terrific! On a side note, tyckspoon said it's very unlikely that he and Kina would make it this year, and I was perhaps wondering if you might take the slight detour to pick me up? I can offer gas money and the pleasure of my company.
Waaait a moment. Wasn't it you who rode with me when my Trans-Am had issues? :smallconfused: What if you're cursed and your curse destroys my Challenger? :smallannoyed:

But yes, I would welcome your company on the long drive down there, and the gas money is bonus! :smallbiggrin: Let me know if things change, and we definitely need to make sure we are straight on when we are going, since I also remember a little scheduling mishap that year as well. :smallamused:

Penguinsushi
2016-03-12, 10:59 PM
Sorry to hear about Tyck's absence. They'll be missed.

Announcement

The coordinators are hammering out a couple final details before the registration site can be activated. Expect to see that flip on this week (will let you know). There are a couple of things that might be a little different from previous years.

--

In other news, let's talk gaming.

I usually run one or two tabletop sessions of some variety over the weekend, and I usually post something about that here to see what people might be interested in playing. This year, I figured I'd open it up a bit.

Tabletop stuff I think would be a blast to run for excited players:

1) Little Fears. This has been a perennial favorite of some. This year's game would be a little different, with some darker themes and focused on slightly older kids (9-10).

2) No Thank You, Evil. This game was JUST printed, and is a lot of fun. Like Little Fears, this game is centered around PCs as kids, but where LF is horror and survival, NTYE is whimsy and adventure. This game is actually aimed at kids 5-11, so if any actual kids want to play, I'm totally down with that.

3) Battletech. I have fairly recently acquired and re-learned the Battletech tabletop miniatures game, and would totally run/play a session if people were interested. It would be a scenario-based miniatures wargame. Could possibly make something with some RP elements if desired as well.

4) Mouse Guard. Because I loves me some MG, even if I house-rule the system a bit. The concept is awesome and I've always had fun running this game at mini-cons.

5) Retrograde. This is one of my settings which can, essentially, be described as "steampunk space exploration". I run this game with the Fate Core system. I ran this at a mini-con a while back, and it was a ton of fun.

Depending on what the weekend is looking like, I can probably bring 1-3 of these to a table at some point if people want to play. Any takers?

~PS

Lex-Kat
2016-03-12, 11:30 PM
Little Fears! I loved playing that last year. :smallbiggrin:

Krade
2016-03-13, 04:01 AM
Waaait a moment. Wasn't it you who rode with me when my Trans-Am had issues? :smallconfused: What if you're cursed and your curse destroys my Challenger? :smallannoyed:

I am at least 72% certain that I had nothing to do with those car troubles.

But yes, I would welcome your company on the long drive down there, and the gas money is bonus! :smallbiggrin: Let me know if things change, and we definitely need to make sure we are straight on when we are going, since I also remember a little scheduling mishap that year as well. :smallamused:

Right. Friday morning it is:smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2016-03-13, 10:42 AM
Only 72% :eek:

And I'm thinking more Thursday morning. :smalltongue: But, if you can't get the time off... I guess Friday Morning will do.

Krade
2016-03-13, 12:26 PM
And I'm thinking more Thursday morning. But, if you can't get the time off... I guess Friday Morning will do.

What's the use of smilies if they can't even convey sarcasm properly?

Thursday will be fine.

Lex-Kat
2016-03-13, 12:41 PM
I saw and understood the sarcasm. Guess I forgot my own. :smallsigh:

Mystic Muse
2016-03-14, 11:56 AM
"Oh, Tennessee. Probably isn't too far away now, since I'm at the bottom end of Indiana. Let's check Google Map-"

6 and a half hours. I want to make it, but not sure I can drive that far.

EDIT: If anyone is paasing relatively near Evansville and could give me a ride, I could make it. I'd obviously share expenses like gas and whatever else is involved, though I'd need a rough guess so I know how much to save up.

Penguinsushi
2016-03-14, 12:04 PM
OK EVERYBODY

A few things.

First off, registration for Trogland X 2016 is now open (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/con/register)!

Secondly, some cool news on "swag": The organizers have been talking about what to do for this year's souvenir for a while. It's getting harder and harder to top previous years' stuff, and we really wanted to do something cool for our 10th year. Several people said they wanted something "signable". Unfortunately, as Gryf noted above, rising expenses have shrunk our budget a bit and we didn't want to increase the base registration cost this year. So here's what we decided:

We have a cool idea or two for something small and inexpensive we can do for our freebie but, this year we're also offering an add-on: Trogland X T-Shirts! Designs are still in the works, but we're preparing to get shirts with Trogland X logos and/or artwork printed for whoever wants one. We'll be ordering these at the beginning of June, so make sure you get your registrations in on time!

Thirdly, and significantly less cool, Saturday is a bit more "up in the air" than usual this year. Our usual venue is most likely unavailable due to a small array of reasons. A few of us are scouting for promising additional options for an outdoor venue but, if all else fails, we do have the usual hotel space all day. We'll still have a blast.

Looking forward to this as always!

~PS

Lex-Kat
2016-03-14, 10:47 PM
"Oh, Tennessee. Probably isn't too far away now, since I'm at the bottom end of Indiana. Let's check Google Map-"

6 and a half hours. I want to make it, but not sure I can drive that far.

EDIT: If anyone is paasing relatively near Evansville and could give me a ride, I could make it. I'd obviously share expenses like gas and whatever else is involved, though I'd need a rough guess so I know how much to save up.
Krade and I can make a slight detour to come get you. :smallsmile: I'll let you know before June how much to save up for.

Krade
2016-03-14, 11:32 PM
Krade and I can make a slight detour to come get you. :smallsmile: I'll let you know before June how much to save up for.

Not much, I'd think. The hotel isn't that expensive and with gas split three ways you might only need to pay for a fill up once (I admit to having no idea about Lex's fuel economy).

Lex-Kat
2016-03-15, 12:04 AM
Well, I am hoping that I may possibly rent a car, which I wouldn't charge either of you for. But hopefully with better a fuel consumption than a Challenger, it might be cheaper. :smallsmile:

That Nissan Altima I rented had great fuel mileage. I have to admit, I kinda fell in love with it by the time I had to return it. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: And Mystic Muse, I would prefer to go down on Thursday morning, the day before the actual meet-up, and return Monday afternoon. So I need to know if this is plausible for you, or if we need to make other arrangements (like leaving earlier so you can go to work Monday).

Mystic Muse
2016-03-15, 12:11 AM
I can probably just tell work I won't be in town those days. They shouldn't be blackout dates or a busy week.

EDIT: I don't work until 10 PM if that matters.

Lex-Kat
2016-03-15, 06:48 AM
It's up to you. :smallsmile: I want you to come, because I know you're awesome and will love it. But I also don't want you getting fired from your job because of it.

When I call, I'll ask for a two bed room. Then we can split the room as well, if you'd like. And yes Krade, you're invited to stay there as well. I know how much you love sleeping in the same room as a pixie.:smallamused:

Mystic Muse
2016-03-15, 07:26 AM
I'm a valued member of the team, and even if I don't always perform the best, I don't think they have any reason to fire me. Plus, my schedule each week is variable, so they may just not put me on Monday.

Basically, whatever works best for everyone else. If I give 3 months worth of notice or so that this is happening, there shouldn't be any problem at all.

mangosta71
2016-03-15, 10:43 AM
Mmm, fresh meat. :smallamused:

You'll probably want $15-20 per meal with the group (dinner Friday and Saturday nights, lunch on Sunday); more expensive than fast food, but still reasonable for what you get, and we usually acquire supplies for Saturday's lunch with the registration fee. And of course breakfast is free if you don't mind eating at the hotel (and can drag yourself out of bed early enough). There won't be a lot of other expenses. There will likely be a beer run or two if you wish to contribute.

Honestly, Trogland is not an expensive con to attend, and we're pretty much the coolest bunch of weirdoes from the internet that you're likely to meet.

Godiva
2016-03-16, 12:52 AM
I won't be heart broken by Saturday no longer being outside in 100°+ weather. I know I'm not the only one who's had problems from it in the past, and it's a big milestone, what better time to switch it up?
I am looking forward to this even more so now that I recently saw some of you. I'm already putting these dates down as required off on job applications I'm filling in. Also now living in the US it means I don't have to travel as far as I use to. Mangostra71 is right, it's not an expensive con, or it's as expensive as you want to make it, tons of ways to cut costs, like sharing transport, rooms, food, or hotel has refrigerators for diy food. No one is going to force you into anything, unless that's what you're into.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-03-16, 10:07 PM
Would people be interested in another round of Munchkins of the Multiverse???

Lex-Kat
2016-03-17, 12:06 AM
I would be interested.

Krade
2016-03-17, 12:29 AM
Mmm, fresh meat. :smallamused:

I was going to say something about how Muse isn't really fresh meat, but then it starts to sound like an insult. Unlike some people, Muse has been to GenCon and met some of us before (albeit briefly).

Lex-Kat
2016-03-17, 08:20 AM
Muse is awesome. I love her and know that you guys will love her too. :smallbiggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-03-17, 11:30 AM
I would be interested.

You had to miss the last one didn't you??

Lex-Kat
2016-03-17, 11:56 AM
Yup. And I was interested then too.

But... I didn't want to miss Little Fears this time around. :smallsigh: Sacrifices must be made.

Chambers
2016-03-17, 01:11 PM
Would people be interested in another round of Munchkins of the Multiverse???

Yep!

I'll be attending this year again. I plan on bringing the Mouseguard Castles & Strongholds board game.

For ridesharing purposes, I live in Nashville and would be willing to make a detour of a few hours (1-3) to pickup someone. I'm also willing to share a hotel room if someone needs to (other dudes only, please).

Penguinsushi
2016-03-17, 01:25 PM
I plan on bringing the Mouseguard Castles & Strongholds board game..

Sweet - I've been wanting to try that! Or at least see it.

~PS

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-03-20, 05:36 PM
Yup. And I was interested then too.

But... I didn't want to miss Little Fears this time around. :smallsigh: Sacrifices must be made.

We'll work with you, Hench-Pixie.

Krade
2016-03-21, 11:09 PM
When I call, I'll ask for a two bed room. Then we can split the room as well, if you'd like. And yes Krade, you're invited to stay there as well. I know how much you love sleeping in the same room as a pixie.:smallamused:

You say that like I would be particularly against the idea. Either way I was actually planning on getting my own room. I've come to enjoy the odd opportunity for relatively complete isolation from other people. I don't get very much of it at home.

That said, if anyone NEEDS to split a room, I can and will do that for them.

Ecrinya
2016-03-23, 04:41 PM
*sniffle* I wanna come... Tyckspoon may not be able to get off work for it, but I am still looking into attending.

Reinholdt
2016-04-01, 03:45 AM
This year I could either put down a pet deposit and get a cat or come to Trogland.
See you all next year.

Mystic Muse
2016-04-01, 06:11 AM
Just left a note at work saying I'd be out of town Thursday - Monday, and I can pay the registration fee when my next check goes in.

Penguinsushi
2016-04-01, 03:03 PM
This year I could either put down a pet deposit and get a cat or come to Trogland.
See you all next year.

:frown::frown::frown:

~PS

KuReshtin
2016-04-11, 01:23 AM
Why is this so far away? It's like... on the other side of the ocean. I
Stupid Atlantic ocean. will
be
Last year was so much fun. I want to do it again. :smallfrown: there.

Krade
2016-04-11, 04:36 PM
Why is this so far away? It's like... on the other side of the ocean.
Stupid Atlantic ocean.

Last year was so much fun. I want to do it again. :smallfrown:

I hear trans-Atlantic trips can get expensive. Wish you could make it.:smallwink:

RabbitHoleLost
2016-04-15, 12:59 PM
So uh
I might be bringing a +1
In which case I'll have to break the Rabbit invaded Mango's back seat tradition since the +1 and I would make the trip ourselves

I'm nervous because I haven't brought a plus one since Logan (who is now Iris, actually)
But this relationship seems p solid soo
Might as well test em against you all ;)

mangosta71
2016-04-15, 02:59 PM
You guys are still welcome to ride with me and Phil (if he comes this year). And I still have the spare room if you need a place to crash overnight.

Lex-Kat
2016-04-16, 02:26 PM
Logan is now Iris? :smallconfused: I hope I didn't infect her with my trans-cooties! :smalleek:

Krade
2016-04-16, 09:26 PM
Logan is now Iris? :smallconfused: I hope I didn't infect her with my trans-cooties! :smalleek:

I certainly wouldn't think so. I've spent a lot of time with you (at least, a lot more than Logan/Iris) and I'm still quite comfortably cis. At least I was last I checked, which honestly isn't that often.

Lex-Kat
2016-04-16, 10:11 PM
Well, we have shared a room too many times for me to remember. :smallwink: Perhaps you've developed an immunity. :smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2016-04-17, 05:04 AM

Lmao doubtful
She had mentioned something about it before I brought her along and then it was never brought up again until long after our messy-bad breakup
And now she's one of my best girlfriends :smallwink:

I think a big part of it was her branching out from her dudebro friends
And getting into the Jem comics
That definitely has something to do with her coming out, I think

Gryffon
2016-04-18, 07:42 AM
Lmao doubtful
She had mentioned something about it before I brought her along and then it was never brought up again until long after our messy-bad breakup
And now she's one of my best girlfriends :smallwink:

I think a big part of it was her branching out from her dudebro friends
And getting into the Jem comics
That definitely has something to do with her coming out, I think

That's truly outrageous!

Gryffon
2016-04-19, 06:29 PM
Super sad. It's been a day and not a snicker about my Jem reference.

Krade
2016-04-19, 09:18 PM
Super sad. It's been a day and not a snicker about my Jem reference.

There, there, buddy. If it makes you feel any better, it's been over 2 weeks since my horrible joke post in that roadtripping thread and no one's even acknowledged it. I spent like, 3 whole minutes putting it together, too.

KuReshtin
2016-04-20, 03:00 AM
I thought about posting something about me remembering watching the Jem cartoons when I was a kid, but then either forgot, or decided it wasn't interesting enough to post.
Don't remember a whole lot of them, though. I think they went into space to do a concert, and then when they returned, they had travelled back in time to the 60s or soemthing.
I dunno...

Penguinsushi
2016-04-26, 11:30 AM
TWO MONTHS!

Count 'em: 2.

Remember, in order to cover everything, we really need registrations in by 5/31 - just over ONE MONTH away.

This year is flying by. Can't wait to see everyone.

~PS

KuReshtin
2016-04-27, 08:11 AM
*PANICS* :eek:
I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A TICKET TO THE US!!!!
Ok. The plan: I need to win the lottery.
Backup plan: I need to find find some benevolent millionaire to give me lots of money.
Tertiary plan: Stop panicing and not buy a ticket to the US.

mangosta71
2016-04-27, 09:30 AM
*PANICS* :eek:
I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A TICKET TO THE US!!!!
Ok. The plan: I need to win the lottery.
Backup plan: I need to find find some benevolent millionaire to give me lots of money.
Tertiary plan: Stop panicing and not buy a ticket to the US.

I think we can go ahead and just discard the tertiary plan now. It will save time later.

Penguinsushi
2016-05-01, 07:13 AM
Alright, everybody

This thing is sneaking up on us. It's now May. You've got the rest of this month - til May 31st - to get registered for Trogland 10 (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/con/register) so we can make sure we have enough of everything. This year, specifically, this applies to the T-Shirts we're ordering - those are being ordered June 1. If you're not registered by then, you'll miss out! :smallfrown:

Also, if/when you book your room at the hotel, make sure to tell them you're with the Trogland Meetup!

This has been your monthly badgering PSA.

~PS

Mauve Shirt
2016-05-01, 11:14 AM
I try to type my password in so I can log in, it freaks out and adds approximately all of the characters to my password so of course the password is wrong.

Penguinsushi
2016-05-01, 12:45 PM
I try to type my password in so I can log in, it freaks out and adds approximately all of the characters to my password so of course the password is wrong.

This behavior is actually by design. It has always done this. It's not making your password wrong. Here's the explanation:

SSL certificates are kind of expensive, so, as stated (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/con/terms), I don't have one for my domain(s).

Because the site does not use SSL/TLS, all communications are sent in clear-text - i.e., all POST/GET requests sent to the web server are unencrypted. This isn't really a problem because the site itself does not handle any truly sensitive information (all the transaction stuff is handled on encrypted pages hosted by Paypal).

That said, since the site does have a login - even if that login isn't protecting anything truly sensitive - it would be nice if the passwords were not submitted to the site in clear text on login since that would mean anyone packet sniffing your connection could see your password and log in as you... ...and do such nefarious things as...paying for your registration?...or signing you up for events you don't want to attend...?

Anyway, because I didn't want the site to submit passwords in clear text if I could help it, it doesn't. The site uses javascript to encrypt the password on the client side (i.e., in your browser) before it's sent to the web server - so what's sent over the unencrypted connection is a hash of your password. Your password itself is never transmitted to or from the site.

Which brings us to the field where you're seeing all of the extra characters: when you hit submit, your browser creates a hash of your password (combined with a server-generated token) and *replaces* what you typed with said hash for submission - that way, your unencrypted password is not submitted, and the hash that I actually need to compare for login purposes is sent in the proper field. What you're seeing is that replacement.

I guess when I get a chance, I'll change it around so people stop getting confused by this - you're not at all the first, and it is totally understandable. Most sites either use SSL/TLS, or they don't care about password sensitivity. I'm occupying a rather atypical middle ground.

I could make it so the encrypted hash is placed into a hidden field, and your password input box is simply blanked out.... ...of course, then i'll get people telling me the site won't let them login because it's removing their password after they type it. But, at least that's progress?

...I suppose I *could* have the script replace their password with a number of arbitrary characters equal to the string length of their password, but honestly, all of this is just extra work to keep people from being confused and doesn't matter at all for functionality (which is why I didn't pursue this sort of thing in the first place). We'll see what I'm feeling up to.

Sorry for the confusion, but yes, the site is functioning exactly as intended.

There is a password-reset function (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/account/forgot) if you don't remember what your password was. People *have* had issues with that in the past, so let me know if it's not working for you.

Also, in case you're wondering, I can't tell you what your password is - I don't know it. The system only keeps the password hash and not the text itself. I was just talking with Haruki about this very thing.

~PS

ZombieRockStar
2016-05-01, 02:34 PM
Oh, hey people I haven't seen for years except through Facebook stalking. I haven't been able to come down for the past three years because of '13/'14) not enough money, or '15) having a full-time job I couldn't get away from.

However, the situation this year is this: I currently live in one part of Canada (Ontario). I just got a job on the other side of the country (BC) and will move out there for July. What my husband and I thought might be awesome is if we gave our stuff to a shipping company and just took off in our car and made a road trip out of it, first down to JC, then back up through all them states (gas price differences making this almost certainly cheaper than going by the ONE ROAD WITH A BROKEN BRIDGE that goes across Canada).

So, in conclusion, I + 1 would like to come.

Mauve Shirt
2016-05-01, 02:45 PM
This behavior is actually by design. It has always done this. It's not making your password wrong. Here's the explanation:
[etc]

~PS

Yeah well ur a nerd

(registered)

KuReshtin
2016-05-01, 04:05 PM
OK, time for some good news/bad news.

Good news: I bought a lottery ticket for this past Friday's Lottery draw. On Friday night, I got an email from the National Lottery, telling me they had news about my lottery ticket. :smallcool:
And I WON!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: Plan A as mentioned above looks good!

Bad news: My winning lottery ticket gave me a win of £2.60. That's like $3.80. That's not enough to buy a ticket to the US. :smallfrown: It's just a little more than the price of another ticket.
guess I'll have to buy another ticket for next week's draw.

Penguinsushi
2016-05-01, 07:27 PM
Yeah well ur a nerd

(registered)

Yeah... ...but somebody has to do the thing. :tongue:

Glad to see you got it sorted!

~PS

Archonic Energy
2016-05-04, 03:26 AM
OK, time for some good news/bad news.

Good news: I bought a lottery ticket for this past Friday's Lottery draw. On Friday night, I got an email from the National Lottery, telling me they had news about my lottery ticket. :smallcool:
And I WON!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: Plan A as mentioned above looks good!

Bad news: My winning lottery ticket gave me a win of £2.60. That's like $3.80. That's not enough to buy a ticket to the US. :smallfrown: It's just a little more than the price of another ticket.
guess I'll have to buy another ticket for next week's draw.

I could buy you a ticket... just sign here and don't read the micro dot hidden in the "i"

Wish I could make it this year.

mangosta71
2016-05-04, 09:01 AM
No Brits at all this year? But who will bring us fresh Harry Potter erotica?

KuReshtin
2016-05-06, 04:08 AM
No Brits at all this year? But who will bring us fresh Harry Potter erotica?

We could always arrange to send a care package to De and Gryff for them to bring along to the meet.

Archonic Energy
2016-05-06, 04:20 AM
How much would it be to hire a dramatic reader in JC... I'm asking for a friend.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-05-09, 08:34 AM
So due to popular demand, Munchkins of the Multiverse part 2: More Multiverses will happen on Saturday night! There will be Prizes!! There will be backstabbing! There will be randomness and 2 different varient styles of play!

MUNCHKINS OF THE MULTIVERSE!

The Multiverse is in peril!! A deranged wizard has foolishly used the Munchkinomicon to unleash a spell that is destroying the Multiverse and the Good Fairy has decided to intervene! They are holding a challenge to determine the greatest hero from across all the planes and YOU have been chosen as the greatest warrior on your plane of existance. You must prove that you are capable of stopping the wizard by slaying monsters in your plane until you reach level 10. However there are many others worlds and many other heros who are also attempting to prove themselves in much the same fashion! To make things worse, the barriers between these realities are starting to break down and bleed into each other. This may affect them all in strange ways!

I stole this idea from RichNCrispy from Boardgamegeek.com

Basically, everyone will have their own version of Munchkin in front of them and will draw from the door and treasure piles of their own version. So if you choose Star Munchkin, you will draw from solely from the Star Munchkin version. However, if you play monster enhancers on other players and they defeat the monster, they get to draw "X" treasures from your stack where "X" is equal to the number of treasures your enhancers added to the fight.

You may trade items as normal between players and may help as normal.

There will be prizes.

The following planes of existence are currently being threatened and you may choose which one you wish to be from. (I.E. pick the version of Munchkin you want to play)

A world of heros, villians, sidekicks and capes.....so many capes!! (Super Munchkin: Comic Book Themed)
A world of highly advanced technology where cyborgs, mutants, and cat people live in peace.....with lasers! (Star Munchkin: Sci-Fi themed)
A world as wild and a west as you've ever seen. 10 to 20 gallon hats are in fashion. (The Good, the Bad, and the Munchkin; Western themed)
A world filled with Ninja, Oni, Wire-fu and Hong Kong everything!! (Munchkin Fu: Kung Fu movie themed)
A world filled with espianage, spies, and many useful gadgets (Munchkin Impossible: spy movie themed)
A world soaked in the seven seas where pirates battle for treasure with crazy accents (Munchkin Booty: Pirate Themed)
A world in which being from beyond time and space roam freely to trouble mankind (Munchkin Cthulhu: ...you can guess the theme)
A world of legend in origin where myths are reality (Munchkin Legends: themed from many mythologies)
The Land of Ooo (Adventure Time Munchkin: its.......well.....hard to explain unless you've seen the show)
A world the is already on the verge of destruction as the seven seals of the apocalpyse threaten to open (Munchkin Apocalypse: End of the World Themed)
A world in which darkness runs rampant and vampires, werewolves, and mummy's roam free (Munchkin Bites: Goth/horror themed)
and last but not least
A world of high fantasy, filled with elves, dragons, dwarves, centaurs and much much more (Munchkin: based on high fantasy genre's Warning: I have ALL the major and most minor expansions for this game, this version is not for newbies!)
A legendary world in which scarecrows sing, monkeys fly, and houses fall. (Munchkin Oz: Fantasy in the Land of Oz)
A steamy world filled with bizarre gadgets and everything looks like it was drawn by Phil Foglio (Steampunk Munchkin: Steampunk themed, I assume. I haven't played it yet.)

We'll be shooting for Saturday night, but may shift things around depending on scheduling with other events. Also, if you have your own version of Munchkin and want to play that version, go right ahead.

Lex-Kat
2016-05-09, 08:38 AM
So just for a head count... I got myself and Mystic Muse a room. We will be there. Barring any problems from Krade, of course. :smallwink:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-05-09, 09:13 AM
So just for a head count... I got myself and Mystic Muse a room. We will be there. Barring any problems from Krade, of course. :smallwink:

Can't wait to see you two again!!

Also, I've officially added Munchkins of the Multiverse to the event calendar. Go over there and sign up, if you're interested.

KuReshtin
2016-05-09, 04:44 PM
Can't wait to see you two again!!

Also, I've officially added Munchkins of the Multiverse to the event calendar. Go over there and sign up, if you're interested.

What's the official ruling on playing Munchkins of the Multiverse over Skype link?

Krade
2016-05-09, 10:02 PM

*GASP*

I am just scandalized that you would even suggest that I could be a problem.:smalltongue:

I finally officially registered on the site.:smallbiggrin:

I propose a group of some kind where we bring games that we've bought but haven't gotten around to playing yet. I know I have a bunch of them and I'm willing to bet others do, too.

Games I Own but Haven't Played:
Inkognito: Clue-like spy game where the goal is to identify your partner/enemies then work with your partner to complete your objectives.
Chaosmos: The Universe is ending. Four champions clash to control the Macguffin that allows them to play god in the next universe. Holding onto it only matters at the end of the game. Until then, it's best to hide it behind traps and locks on the board.
Spells of DOOOOOM (extra O's added for effect, not actually in the title): I honestly don't know a whole lot about this one right now. I kickstarted it because it reminded me of Wrath Unleashed (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrath_Unleashed). Not sure how much it lives up to that expectation.
Dark Age Z: A portal in time dumped modern day zombies and technology into medieval Europe. What's left of the previously warring nations must band together to beat back the horde.

There're others, but those are the ones that are probably the best. The rest were backed on a whim a while back when I went through my kickstarter phase (I'm mostly over it now).

The Valiant Turtle
2016-05-10, 07:35 PM
One video/party game I think might be a lot of fun with this group is Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. I don't have it yet but it's not too expensive, although you need to print off bomb disposal manuals to go with it. Linky: http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/

KuReshtin
2016-05-11, 04:14 AM
One video/party game I think might be a lot of fun with this group is Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. I don't have it yet but it's not too expensive, although you need to print off bomb disposal manuals to go with it. Linky: http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/

Oooohh.. I've heard of that. I think Archie talked about it the other week. Because of course Archie would have a game of explosive destruction in his arsenal of games.
He said, though, that he would likely not bring that to a Trogland meetup f he were going beause he'd be too nervous to go through customs and immigrations in the US with 'Bomb Disposal Manuals' in his bags

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-05-11, 10:25 PM
That would be a fun one for the event, though!

RabbitHoleLost
2016-05-16, 02:43 PM
Looks like I'm not gonna make it this year
:smallsigh:
I can't get sunday off and finances are tight

Lex-Kat
2016-05-16, 05:57 PM
:sigh: What's next? Atreyu's not gonna make it? :smallfrown::smallfrown:

I miss you Rabbit.

Haruki-kun
2016-05-21, 11:07 PM
Blink and I just reserved a room, we'll be there on Friday morning. We haven't registered for the event itself, though. I was about to but I ran into issues during registration, namely that I have to come up with something good and clever to put on the second line of my badge.

... I think I just came up with something while typing this, though.

KuReshtin
2016-05-23, 03:36 AM
Just noticed that the deadline for booking rooms have come and gone.
And that it's only a month to go before the meetup.
I still haven't booked a ticket from the last time I posted an update on here. Booked April 9.
I could buy some stuff for anyone that wants something from the UK and have De and Gryff transport it from Myrtle Beach to JC.
If anyone's interested.

Lex-Kat
2016-05-23, 06:43 AM
Weeeeelll... since you asked (again)....

*Edits list...*

So, I had this big long list of some forty candies/crisps, and a bottle of absinthe. But I pared it down to this smaller list of specific candies I'd like to try (or in the case of the Flying Saucers, want just for meself!! :smallbiggrin::smallredface:). Though, I would love to try absinthe some day. :smallfrown:

JG Flying Saucers
JG Juicy Lips
JG Milk Shakes: Strawberry
JG Mini Fizzers
JG Rhubarb and Custard
Simpkins Citrus Lemon and Sour Cherry
Simpkins Mulled Wine
Swizzels Giant Fizzers
Guinness Potato Crisps
KP Hula Hoops
Barretts Dib Dab

Penguinsushi
2016-05-23, 07:55 AM
Just noticed that the deadline for booking rooms have come and gone....

I'm pretty sure we can continue to register rooms, we just needed to have 10 by this time. I'm hoping that happened. :smalleek:

Edit:

Actually, it seems as though that deadline is TODAY.

Registrations have been a bit sluggish this year. I need con registrations by the 31st if you want to order a shirt, but we needed at least 10 rooms booked by today. If we don't have those booked, it may cause problems with our reservation of the conference room or with rates for future years. This hasn't been a problem in the past, but this year seems to be sneaking up on us a bit more than past years.

So, again, if you're booking a room at the Best Western (where most of this event will take place), you want to do that TODAY.

Also, related:

We are still working out specific details, but we have some alterations to the schedule this year. As mentioned, it looks like we won't be able to use the ropes course location this year. What we will probably do instead is buy pizza and/or a ton of snakes snacks for the game room and just hang out there (in the air conditioning) all day.

Looks like I'm not gonna make it this year
I can't get sunday off and finances are tight

Rabbiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :smallfrown:

~PS

Gryffon
2016-05-23, 09:42 AM
I've updated the attendance thread.

Reverent-One, is your attendance still in the positive? Also are you bringing a +1?

Booo, no Rabs :smallfrown:

mangosta71
2016-05-23, 11:40 AM
Yeah, that's going to make for a lonely drive. :smallfrown:

Diva De
2016-05-23, 12:15 PM
Slack De is slack.
But she has registered.
The Euros (read: Archie and Ku) sent a test care package of tea to figure out how much time is needed to ship things from there to here to make sure we have it for the meet-up. Though, last I checked, absinthe wouldn't make it thru customs. But sweets will be had!

Lex-Kat
2016-05-23, 12:55 PM
Though, last I checked, absinthe wouldn't make it thru customs. But sweets will be had!
Pixie is saddened by this tale, but delighted all the same. :smallconfused:

Chambers
2016-05-23, 04:25 PM
Just registered for my room for Friday & Saturday.

Reverent-One
2016-05-23, 07:27 PM
I've updated the attendance thread.

Reverent-One, is your attendance still in the positive? Also are you bringing a +1?

Yes to both. Just booked our hotel room and registered.

The Valiant Turtle
2016-05-23, 08:10 PM
I just reserved a room. We'll be staying through Sunday and leaving Monday this time, which means more time with you awesome people. I'm sad there's no rabbit though :smallfrown:

Mystic Muse
2016-05-23, 08:43 PM
I'll be registering on my day off tomorrow. I'd do it tonight, but having some trouble, and I need to get ready for work.:smallannoyed:

Well, more realistically, I'll do it when I get home from work, since it's a short shift.

Krade
2016-05-24, 01:51 AM
We are still working out specific details, but we have some alterations to the schedule this year. As mentioned, it looks like we won't be able to use the ropes course location this year. What we will probably do instead is buy pizza and/or a ton of snakes for the game room and just hang out there (in the air conditioning) all day.

S-snakes?!?!

Are they cute snakes?

KuReshtin
2016-05-24, 04:43 AM
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
JG Flying Saucers
JG Juicy Lips
JG Mini Fizzers
JG Rhubarb and Custard
Simpkins Citrus Lemon and Sour Cherry
Simpkins Mulled Wine
Swizzels Giant Fizzers
Guinness Potato Crisps
KP Hula Hoops
Barretts Dib Dab

Did you just go through the entire Jollygrub.com list of sweets and crisps and copy that in your post?:smallbiggrin:

I'll see what I can do. Most of the sweets and the Flying Sauers should be no problem at all.
Guinness crisps might get smashed in transit, but I'll do my best.

Archonic Energy
2016-05-24, 06:11 AM
My only regret is it cannot send cornish clotted cream internationally

Mystic Muse
2016-05-24, 06:46 AM
Alright, I am registered. :smallsmile:

Penguinsushi
2016-05-24, 07:38 AM
S-snakes?!?!

Are they cute snakes?

Oh yes. They're adorable snakes. Just the sweetest. And we do have a literal ton of them. I'd been wondering what we were going to do with them all, so I thought I'd sort of float this idea for Saturday's meetup festivities. Maybe some sort of huge Snakes & Ladders LARP? Anyway, nobody seemed to have a real objection, so I guess we're a go! Nice catch, Krade - much as I re-edit my posts, surprised I missed this one.

~PS

Godiva
2016-05-24, 09:00 AM
Snakes!! I love non-venomous snakes, so I'm excited for all the cute snakes. :smallwink:

I was hoping to get paid first, my first pay before registering but that doesn't look like that's going to happen. Oh well I'll do it today.

As for a few things, I would love love love rhubarb and custard candies, I use to be able to get most British things in Canada, and now being in the USA, I swear I find something everyday that either is just not the same (chocolate sucks here) or is not a thing here.

As for Absinthe, it is legal in the USA as long as it is thujone-free. Thujone is a chemical in wormwood, just like its part of tarragon, and it can cause mind altering effects. I've had absinthe on my travels and it's nothing like its portrayed, kinda disappointing. No Rabbit will also be disappointing. :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2016-05-24, 09:13 AM
Did you just go through the entire Jollygrub.com list of sweets and crisps and copy that in your post? :smallbiggrin:

:smalleek: Sorta... :smallredface: I went to three different sites looking for "British candy". (British Candy Store, UK Goods, and the aforementioned Jolly Grub.)

Krade
2016-05-24, 03:50 PM
Guinness Potato Crisps

Are we talking about these:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VSW4uniJL.jpg

Because I've had those before and, while they are really good, I wouldn't say they're so good as to warrant going particularly out of your way for them. Also we sold them at my store (briefly, we don't anymore), so it's not impossible to find them this side of the pond.

Lex-Kat
2016-05-24, 06:49 PM
Believe so. Never saw them anyplace around here, thus far. Course, I didn't drive down to Indianapolis looking either. :smalltongue:

Godiva
2016-05-24, 07:37 PM
I forgot I would really love some Edinburgh rock candy please :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2016-05-28, 07:02 AM
Weeeeelll... since you asked (again)....

*Edits list...*

So, I had this big long list of some forty candies/crisps, and a bottle of absinthe. But I pared it down to this smaller list of specific candies I'd like to try (or in the case of the Flying Saucers, want just for meself!! :smallbiggrin::smallredface:). Though, I would love to try absinthe some day. :smallfrown:

JG Flying Saucers
JG Mini Fizzers
JG Rhubarb and Custard
Swizzels Giant Fizzers

I'd like to try these myself.

Just to clarify and make sure I have the dates right, I need the 23rd through 27th off, right Lex-Kat?

Lex-Kat
2016-05-28, 12:20 PM
Yup! :smallbiggrin: The Flying Saucers are the only ones I can guarantee as good. The rest just sound good, for the moment.

RabbitHoleLost
2016-05-31, 12:03 AM
You know, I had like four of my roleplay partners from tumblr in the UK promise to send me flying saucers and not a single one of them came through

Krade
2016-05-31, 12:14 AM
You know, I had like four of my roleplay partners from tumblr in the UK promise to send me flying saucers and not a single one of them came through

Disappointing on so many levels. When I saw you posted I thought that maybe, just maybe, it was because you could come now. Then it was compounded with a lack of promised candy. Much sadness.

KuReshtin
2016-05-31, 03:32 AM
Just ran some numbers. (No, I didn't)
I figured it'd just be easier to go to the US and hand deliver the candies and sweets than to send it over in the post. (Probably isn't, but since I already booked the flights I was going to hand deliver anyway.)
So, yeah... That's the update.

Edit: :smallsmile: :smallbiggrin: :smallcool:

Penguinsushi
2016-05-31, 07:53 AM
GIANT COLORED LETTERS

You know what this means: I'm going to say something that seems important to me.

--

It's May 31st, everybody. Tomorrow is June 1. Less than a month till liftoff!

Shirts are about to be ordered. I think most of the "confirms" have registered (though make sure you get your "+1's" on if you haven't).

If you HAVEN'T REGISTERED and you ARE PLANNING TO COME and you WANT TO ORDER A SHIRT or MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR BADGE/SWAG/ETC, make sure you get registered by...

TODAY.

Can't wait to see everyone!

~PS

Lex-Kat
2016-05-31, 11:17 AM
Just ran some numbers.
I figured it'd just be easier to go to the US and hand deliver the candies and sweets than to send it over in the post.
So, yeah... That's the update.

Edit: :smallsmile: :smallbiggrin: :smallcool:
Wait. :smallconfused: I thought we were going to keep that 'our lil' secret'? :smallfrown: I was all waiting for the big reveal and surprise! :smallbiggrin: It was so much fun when I did it last year.

turkishproverb
2016-05-31, 11:49 AM
Was hoping to attend this year, but I doubt I'd be able to afford a room. Have fun all! Wish I could be there.

Krade
2016-05-31, 12:44 PM
Wait. :smallconfused: I thought we were going to keep that 'our lil' secret'? :smallfrown: I was all waiting for the big reveal and surprise! :smallbiggrin: It was so much fun when I did it last year.

I'm getting the feeling now that he was just playing everyone and probably got most of us to play along like nobody else knew, when in fact almost everyone knew.

mangosta71
2016-05-31, 04:06 PM
Was hoping to attend this year, but I doubt I'd be able to afford a room. Have fun all! Wish I could be there.
If it helps, when I called the hotel today (because I'm an idiot and forgot to do so earlier) they were still able to give me the group rate.

turkishproverb
2016-05-31, 04:58 PM
If it helps, when I called the hotel today (because I'm an idiot and forgot to do so earlier) they were still able to give me the group rate.

I have no-one to go with to split the cost, which is still too high with gas, tight money, etc (would have had to find a lot of audio-books for the drive, actually), but thanks for the suggestion.

KuReshtin
2016-06-01, 03:26 AM
I was thinking I'd keep it all a secret until I showed up, but there were too many people knowing that I was coming over now that I figured I'd just let everyone know.
Then again, I have been white-texting the fact that I'm coming over since the start of April in this thread.

I'm getting the feeling now that he was just playing everyone and probably got most of us to play along like nobody else knew, when in fact almost everyone knew.
Damn. Why didn't I think of that? That would have been awesome to do. I show up, and everyone's expecting everyone else to be really surprised to see me when in fact thay're all just.. 'Hey, what's up?'.

Penguinsushi
2016-06-01, 07:30 AM
So I think everyone I was expecting has registered - THANK YOU!

Never heard anything more from Lightwraith or Gitman, unfortunately. And still very, very sorry to hear Rabbit can't make it this year. :smallfrown:

We are otherwise set to go!

--

Update on the saturday cookout situation: Badger talked to the hotel, and I believe we are cleared to use the hotel courtyard (which is, in theory, joined directly to our gaming space by an exterior door) for both cookout festivities and Kubb and other outdoor games. This has the added advantage of keeping all main activities on-site, and putting outdoor stuff right next to the air conditioning.

--

Now that we're closer to time, anyone else interested in doing any of the potential tabletop sessions I mentioned before? Or something else? Friday/Saturday/Sunday night?

~PS

Gryffon
2016-06-01, 07:59 AM
Oh gaming sessions, hmmm.

I've got a couple of long gaming sessions that I could host as well if there is interest.

I will have Shadows of Brimstone, a wierd west miniatures based dungeon delver. It's got a campaign mode, so if people are so inclined, it could easily take up many many many....many hours. Let me know if there is interest.

Also, we will have Zombicide: Black Plague(with the cards) this year, as well as the expansion and extra goodies. This also supports campaign play and can go for multiple of multiple hours if there is a desire.

And lastly, Imperial Assault, a Star Wars minis game, also with a campaign mode. Much hours.

KuReshtin
2016-06-01, 08:49 AM
I just bought a few Firefly Role Playing Game adventures that I will be running at my local gaming store the weekend before the Trogland meetup, so if anyone's interested in running an episode of Firefly during the weekend, I can host that.
Just as long as no one is too harsh on my GMing skills. I'm don't do that a whole lot, so may be a bit rusty. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2016-06-05, 08:17 PM
I ??might?? bring an additional human??? If so I'll register them with the proper authorities???

Penguinsushi
2016-06-09, 12:51 PM
This thread hasn't been as active this year as in years past - maybe because a lot of us don't spend as much time on this forum as we used to. Huh.

Anyway...

Just 15 days!.

Not a lot of people talking about games this year either, so I just decided to put up an event for what sounds most fun to me at this particular moment: This (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/events/41_Battletech_Assault_on_Dreshler).

~PS

Reverent-One
2016-06-09, 01:52 PM
This thread hasn't been as active this year as in years past - maybe because a lot of us don't spend as much time on this forum as we used to. Huh.

This is definitely the case for me.

Anyway...

Just 15 days!.

Not a lot of people talking about games this year either, so I just decided to put up an event for what sounds most fun to me at this particular moment: This (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/events/41_Battletech_Assault_on_Dreshler).

~PS

I'm in! There's no Gencon for me again this year, which is normally my yearly opportunity for BT, so this would be fun.

Lex-Kat
2016-06-09, 09:42 PM
This thread hasn't been as active this year as in years past - maybe because a lot of us don't spend as much time on this forum as we used to.

Yup. I'm just waiting for the time when no one mentions Trogland here anymore... and I get forgotten because I don't Bookface. :smallfrown:

Krade
2016-06-09, 11:48 PM
Yup. I'm just waiting for the time when no one mentions Trogland here anymore... and I get forgotten because I don't Bookface. :smallfrown:

I doubt that will ever happen. One of the goals of this thing is to get more people to show up. Taking strictly to facebook would not be conducive to that goal. Still remember the first year I went when there was like 40 people. That was a good time.

Also: Like we would forget to tell you even if it did. Unless you change your number without telling anyone, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who would be able to call you.

Lex-Kat
2016-06-09, 11:55 PM
Oh. :smallredface: I guess those are good points. :smallbiggrin:

KuReshtin
2016-06-10, 03:23 AM
On the games offered side of things.

I could bring along a copy of 'Keep talking and nobody explodes', unless that's being brung by anyone else.
I also think I mentioned that I've got a couple of books for the Firefly RPG so I could run something with that if people are interested.

ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL I GET TO SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN!!!!

Gryffon
2016-06-10, 08:17 AM

Regardless of whether I post or not, I read the forums every day during the week after I check for a comic update....and since I'm the one who makes the thread, there should be little concern of that happening. :smallbiggrin:

The Valiant Turtle
2016-06-11, 08:38 AM
I could bring along a copy of 'Keep talking and nobody explodes', unless that's being brung by anyone else.

I'm planning on bringing that. I haven't actually bought it or printed out the manual yet though. From what I've seen online it can help to have several copies of the manual so there can be a full team of bomb disposal experts. I was thinking of getting 3 or 4 small binders for it.

Mauve Shirt
2016-06-11, 09:49 AM
SOOOOO PSYYYYYYYCHED
I've lost Paperback so I have no more unique and interesting games to contribute.

Krade
2016-06-11, 04:05 PM
SOOOOO PSYYYYYYYCHED
I've lost Paperback so I have no more unique and interesting games to contribute.

Cribbage is unique and interesting :smallamused:

Lex-Kat
2016-06-12, 05:27 AM
Never again shall I play cribbage against Mauve. :smallannoyed: One resound beating was enough for this pixie.

Mystic Muse
2016-06-12, 06:24 AM
Hey, Lex-Kat, any idea when you're picking me up?

Also, I suck at remembering, can you remind me what your names are? My mom was asking about first and last names, and for some reason I only remember your first name, and not Krade's.

Like I said, I'm really bad at remembering names. Unless I hang out with the person on a consistent basis.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-06-12, 09:18 AM
Pitching this as an idea for Friday afternoon.

This year Johnson City opened a retro arcade. Its 10 dollar admission and then play all you want until close. I thought it might be a good way to spend an afternoon. Since they rotate games in and out regularly, its hard to say exactly what they have, but it usually averages at least 20 pinball games and at least 15 different arcade games.

Does anyone want to spend a few hours (and 10 bucks; snacks, soda, and beer extra)

http://silverballcityarcade.com/ is the site and https://www.facebook.com/silverballcity/ is pretty good too. Hey! They even have group rates for groups over 20 people.

I was thinking of playing from 2-6 PM because they open at 2 and 6 is foodish time. Of course, if you keep your armband, you can return and play until close.

Anyone interested??

TL;DR :10 dollars to play lots of pinball and classic arcade games for 4 hours on Friday after noon.

Mauve Shirt
2016-06-12, 01:28 PM
Cribbage is unique and interesting :smallamused:

So's ur mom what now

Krade
2016-06-12, 09:53 PM
So's ur mom what now

You take that back!

@Mystic Muse: PM Sent!

mangosta71
2016-06-12, 11:16 PM
We have a retro arcade in Little Rock (well, Sherwood, which is less than 10 minutes from LR) and it's awesome. I would be down to hit that up.

Gryffon
2016-06-13, 07:48 AM
Pitching this as an idea for Friday afternoon.

This year Johnson City opened a retro arcade. Its 10 dollar admission and then play all you want until close. I thought it might be a good way to spend an afternoon. Since they rotate games in and out regularly, its hard to say exactly what they have, but it usually averages at least 20 pinball games and at least 15 different arcade games.

Does anyone want to spend a few hours (and 10 bucks; snacks, soda, and beer extra)

http://silverballcityarcade.com/ is the site and https://www.facebook.com/silverballcity/ is pretty good too. Hey! They even have group rates for groups over 20 people.

I was thinking of playing from 2-6 PM because they open at 2 and 6 is foodish time. Of course, if you keep your armband, you can return and play until close.

Anyone interested??

TL;DR :10 dollars to play lots of pinball and classic arcade games for 4 hours on Friday after noon.

I will definitely be hitting up an arcade.

Hey, Lex-Kat, any idea when you're picking me up?

Also, I suck at remembering, can you remind me what your names are? My mom was asking about first and last names, and for some reason I only remember your first name, and not Krade's.

Like I said, I'm really bad at remembering names. Unless I hang out with the person on a consistent basis.

Krade is really easy to remember, just think of the villain from Die Hard :smalltongue:

Krade
2016-06-13, 12:54 PM
Krade is really easy to remember, just think of the villain from Die Hard :smalltongue:

Or Frozen, if that's more your speed. Die Hard is almost 30 years old, it's time to accept that it's entirely reasonable for people younger than that to have not seen it.

Gryffon
2016-06-13, 01:30 PM
Or Frozen, if that's more your speed. Die Hard is almost 30 years old, it's time to accept that it's entirely reasonable for people younger than that to have not seen it.

That should be rectified. It's one of the greatest Christmas movies ever.

Lex-Kat
2016-06-13, 01:32 PM
Never! Snape, I mean Hans Gruber can never be forgotten!

I wonder what Hans Gruber (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Gruber_(conductor)), the Canadian composer, thought of his name being used as a movie villain? Hans Gruber (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Gruber_(footballer)) the German football star died before the film was even dreamed of. The book it was based off, Nothing Lasts Forever (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_Lasts_Forever_(Thorp_novel)), was written in 1979.

Mystic Muse
2016-06-13, 09:20 PM
No worries, I've sden Die Hard. Twice now actually.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-06-13, 10:29 PM
I have 3 people currently signed up for Munchkins of the Multiverse. With 10 days (Wooooo hooo) left before the big party, I am wanting to secure my prize support so I need to know how many other people are interested.

KuReshtin
2016-06-14, 01:32 AM
I'm very much up for going to the arcade on the Friday for soem pinball fun. Also, I hope they have BomberMan among their video games. Cause that game was/is awesome.

Die Hard brings back memories from last year's game of Time's Up!. Edie throwing herself at the pillar in the room while making gurgling noises as if being strangled as the clue was the best clue. :smallcool:
Also... Jagged Little Pill.

Penguinsushi
2016-06-14, 09:19 AM
Jagged Little Pill.

:biggrin: Hahahaha. Still laughing about this.

~PS

Haruki-kun
2016-06-16, 12:12 PM
Oh, man, one week left before I get on a car and start driving South!

Lex-Kat
2016-06-16, 12:16 PM
On a car?

http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2013/08/russian.png

KuReshtin
2016-06-17, 05:38 AM
Johnson City. One week from now, i'll be in you!
WOOHOO!!

Penguinsushi
2016-06-17, 08:51 AM
Just in case any of you were wondering:

A) The shirts have arrived.

B) They're pretty freakin' awesome.

One week!

~PS

Lex-Kat
2016-06-17, 09:45 AM
Can not wait! The excitement is... unbearable.

Haruki-kun
2016-06-19, 12:37 PM
On a car?

http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2013/08/russian.png

Yes. Do you guys not do that in America? :smallconfused:

Penguinsushi
2016-06-19, 10:30 PM
Badges ready for printing!

5 more days!

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/58361006.jpg

~PS

mangosta71
2016-06-19, 11:06 PM
Yes. Do you guys not do that in America? :smallconfused:
Not in plain red briefs. Have some decorum, sir.

KuReshtin
2016-06-20, 01:08 AM
Not in plain red briefs. Have some decorum, sir.

Of course. The briefs have to be in the colours of the star spangled banner, right?:smallwink:

Krade
2016-06-20, 03:15 AM
Of course. The briefs have to be in the colours of the star spangled banner, right?:smallwink:

They're standard issue.

mangosta71
2016-06-20, 10:47 AM
All underwear in America bears the stars and stripes. Because nothing screams patriotism like rubbing your junk all over a facsimile of the flag.

Lex-Kat
2016-06-20, 02:54 PM
:smallconfused: No they don't. I will not have you undermining the beauty and individualism of my undies. :smallmad: None of them have stars and stripes on them.

Krade
2016-06-20, 10:45 PM
*ahem*

MUUUUUUUUSE!!!

I tried to send you a PM but it told me your box was full. I wanted to make sure we coordinated our arrival time to pick you up properly since you're in the part of Indiana that's on Central instead of Eastern.

Mystic Muse
2016-06-21, 12:08 AM
Fixed. Sorry, it never gave me a warning about my PM box filling up or being full.

KuReshtin
2016-06-21, 04:41 PM
MY FLIGHT LEAVES IN 12 HOURS!!!
I guess I should start packing.

Diva De
2016-06-22, 10:47 AM
I get to see Ku in ~8 hours! And then take him out to a local pub for drink and a souvenir pint glass. Then sleeps (eventually). Then we hit the road tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Which makes getting through work today even tougher. *sigh*

Haruki-kun
2016-06-23, 03:59 PM
We're on the road!

Well, we were on the road two hours ago, but I don't text while driving.

Krade
2016-06-23, 04:15 PM
So... who else is here already?

Chambers
2016-06-23, 04:25 PM
Hitting the road tomorrow at noon. See you all soon!

Penguinsushi
2016-06-24, 07:07 AM
The Troggin' officially starts this evening - ~5pm @ Mid City Grill (http://www.mymidcity.com/).

Several of you are already here - can't wait to see the rest of you!

Still some openings in my Battletech game (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/events/41_Battletech_Assault_on_Dreshler) tomorrow morning for any interested - come blow stuff up!

Soon!

~PS

The Succubus
2016-06-25, 02:10 PM
Are the folks in Virginia okay? I know there's been flooding in that part of the world.

Godiva
2016-06-25, 06:37 PM
Mauve is full of schnitzel

Mauve Shirt
2016-06-25, 06:39 PM
Rude. But not wrong.

Krade
2016-06-28, 03:21 PM
I'm home and delightfully not dead! Rejoice! Continent is a terrible clue!

Lex-Kat
2016-06-29, 09:42 AM
Of course you're home, and not dead. I'm a wonderful driver. :smallannoyed:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2016-06-29, 06:48 PM
I think that's everyone back safe and accounted for. I want to thank all of you for an amazing weekend. Truly, its a highlight of my year. I played so many new and interesting games this time around and I played a few familiar ones again, too. The best part is definitely spending time with so many friends, both old and new.

We're already in talks with the hotel to get it all set up again next year!

Also, I want to give a huge shout out to Penguinsushi for making sure the littler attendees had games of their own by running No Thank You, Evil twice!

What did everyone think? We tried something new with the cook-out being on site, rather than the ropes course. Is that something people want to see again?

Also, some pictures, well...a picture.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl1FY-vXIAQ3YSf.jpgChecking out the map for No Thank You, Evil.

Here is a link to the group picture making a toast to absent friends.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGaGNKjJ6Z/

mangosta71
2016-06-30, 08:55 AM
Here is a link to the group picture making a toast to absent friends.
I thought we were toasting absinthe friends.

RabbitHoleLost
2016-06-30, 01:33 PM
I count as both ;)

KuReshtin
2016-07-01, 04:21 AM
I am now back home in Scotland after a great week in the US.

Massive thanks to De and Gryff for housing me for the couple of days that we weren't in JC.
Also a huge thanks to the organisers in JC that gets everything sorted with the hotel and getting the events planned.

Mango, you're a monster when it comes to chowing down that Full Nelson in less than half an hour. Ordering it this year was a mistake for me. I knew it was even as I placed the order, but it had to be done.

Thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome again. Meetups like these truly shows that the world is a lot smaller nowadays than it was only 15-20 years ago, when people started getting to know each other over the internet.

Hopefully, I won't be too jetlagged over the weekend as I managed to sleep for most of the flight back home.

9.5/10. Would gladly do again.

Penguinsushi
2016-07-01, 01:12 PM
Some things I learned from Trogland X:

1) Thems that gets to the restaurant last get relegated to the lonely overflow table. (Zeb & Alarra may feel me on this one.)

2) People don't remember their shirt sizes.

3) Having the cookout *at* the hotel was way more convenient, and avoided the late-afternoon "crash" that happens after the ropes course event (though that is a great space...)

4) A full lance vs lance Battletech scenario takes too long for one sitting. (If I do something like that at Trogland again, think I'll go with 2 on 2 or something.)

5) Reverent One employs dark dice/card magic.
5b) "$%*! Davion" ~ Mango

6) Running No Thank You, Evil! for multiple kids without getting totally derailed requires quick thinking and a lot of energy.

7) It is apparently possible for something to have a sugar content in excess of 100%. (those candies were so good they made my teeth hurt)

8) It's really difficult to sweep up Goldfish crackers on carpet with a broom.

9) Not taking pictures means, well, I don't have pictures - but it also means I get to have a lot more fun actually playing games and talking to people.

10) You people are awesome. (But really, I already knew that)

9.5/10. Would gladly do again.

You better - we're getting used to having you here.

~PS

Lex-Kat
2016-07-02, 06:06 AM
Lexi's thank you list:

Thank you Mauve and Virginia for convincing me to play Paperback. And not just because I won, but I really did enjoy playing with you... and the two boys at the table. :smallbiggrin:

Thank you Mango Kumquat for taking the picture to Rabbit for me. I hope she liked it.

Thank you KuReshtin and Archie for bringing lots and lots of delicious candy and beverages, and some not-so-delicious ones as well.

Thank you Gryff for hosting Zombicide: Black Plague for us. That was a great game.

Thank you De, Tim, Archie, Edie, Zeb, and Alarra for playing Zombicide and being awesome players. It was fun cooperating with you.

Thank you for all those who played Werewolf. Sorry I failed to kill the last one. Sorry Chris. :smallfrown:

Thank you to Haruki, Archie, Virginia, and.... the pixie forgets who else played 7 Wonders. :smallredface: But it was a fun game.

Thank you Chambers, Kevin, and Tim for playing Munchkin with me.

Thank you Mystic Muse for coming down and staying with me for the weekend. Sharing the cost of gas and the room helps me immensely.

Thank you Mystic's mom for asking Krade and I to stay the night at their lovely home, and making a delicious roast for us.

Thank you Krade for once again sharing a ride with me, and inviting me to stay over at your house on the way down. And for paying for the second tank of gas. I really appreciated it. :smallcool:

Thank you Edie, Alarra, Mauve, and Katie for going to Jellybean's. I love the time we share.

Thank you to all the wonderful places we dine in huge groups: Hokey Smokey, Mid-City Grill, Mello Mushroom Pizza, Rainbow Asian Cuisine, and even IHop.

Thank you Best Western for being a wonderful host, though not as wonderful as years previous. :smallwink: Wish we'd gotten the conference room Friday Night as well. :smallfrown:

Thank you to those who every year help organize Trogland. Without you, would there even be a Trogland anymore?

Thank you Atreyu, for being the best Llama a henchpixie could have. *hugs* I love spending time with you, and wish it could be more.

And finally, Thank you to everyone I didn't mention. It was fun meeting new people, and enjoying time with those I know.

mangosta71
2016-07-03, 11:00 PM
Mango, you're a monster when it comes to chowing down that Full Nelson in less than half an hour. Ordering it this year was a mistake for me. I knew it was even as I placed the order, but it had to be done.
Yeah, that was a mistake for me, too.

Thank you Mango Kumquat for taking the picture to Rabbit for me. I hope she liked it.
For some reason I had it in my head that Ku had sent that. And, um... I discovered that the cover isn't sealed when the second fell out as I was taking it out of my car. Fortunately it fell into the seat instead of onto the wet ground.

Lex-Kat
2016-07-04, 04:38 AM
Whew! Thanks, Mango. :smallsmile: Did you like the second poster? :smallwink:

mangosta71
2016-07-05, 09:22 AM
I found it amusing. Very well-drawn. The minimal shading made it reminiscent of the cartoon.