PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Concept: Wizard Private eye (Rogue or Bard for base)

Hikarizu
2016-02-10, 09:28 AM
My initial concept was for a wizard private eye. Half-Elf Rogue 1-2/AT with expertise in Perception and Investigation the rest wizard Diviner or Illusionist. Background City Watch(Investigator) from Sword Coast Adventurerer's Guide. The idea is for the character to be skillmonkeying around helping with illusions in and out of combat.

Rolled this for abilities: 7 10 10 15 16 16
That 7 hurts a bit, but with two 16 and a 15 who am I to complain. I can still choose 27 point buy instead of the rolled abilities, but I am pretty sure there's no point. I think 8 Str, 16 Dex, 16 Con, 16 Int, 10 Wis, 12 Cha will work best for the concept.

Party so far contains: another Rogue, Cleric of Life, Druid with interest in dipping Ranger or Monk and another Wizard probably a Bladesinger.

My question is. Should I start Rogue or Wizard, what would be a good point to drop Rogue and is Lore Bard/Wizard a better option? That way I don't lose spell slots only max spell level right?
Any other ideas that fit the concept are welcomed as well.
EDIT: some more info now that I have time to write a bit more about my idea.