PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build Brand in 3.5

SangoProduction
2016-02-10, 12:35 PM
Reference Material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNWl6G8KxaE

So, what do I need? An elemental template...mostly. In keeping with the song, it would be preferable to have a wisdom penalty, but that's in no way needed. If truly need be, I could just take the Fire Ginassi or whatever.

The class? I would probably take Warlock, in to hellfire warlock, and fluff it as being fireballs. However, there aren't really many levels to hellfire warlock. What do I do after I finish that class?

What feats and items should I eventually get to taking?

Gildedragon
2016-02-10, 10:57 PM
Binder 1 to heal up that ability score damage

Uncanny trickster allegedly lets you progress Hellfire Warlock past level 3

race: Magma paragenasi (Dragon Mag 297) or an azerblood (Dragon Mag 350)

mineral warrior to get more of that rocky look

SangoProduction
2016-02-11, 12:00 AM
Binder 1 to heal up that ability score damage

Uncanny trickster allegedly lets you progress Hellfire Warlock past level 3

race: Magma paragenasi (Dragon Mag 297) or an azerblood (Dragon Mag 350)

mineral warrior to get more of that rocky look

Binder actually makes sense, lore-wise. Just refluff who it is he's binding. (Btw, how does binder heal ability damage?)

For these purposes, we'll say uncanny trickster works...even if there's an argument that "hey, they don't have class features past level 3, so f**k you."
(Of course, then there's the argument that "it doesn't need class features, you still gain a class level, which then scales hellfire blast"...which would then be met with "you can't gain class levels beyond the normal, without epic levels" which would then be met with "general over specific" which would then...ok **** this.)

Magma paragenasi has "cool" written all over it...too bad it's basically a half orc with a level adjustment. That's the most disappointing use of a magma race I have ever seen. Azerblood is decentish.