PDA

View Full Version : Magic Items for Druids

Gemhammer&Sons
2016-02-10, 12:37 PM
I'm running a human Moon Druid, I'm at lvl 8 and I can't seem to find any magic items that are really worth it or aren't made of metal. Does anyone have any suggestions for some solid magic items?

SharkForce
2016-02-10, 02:12 PM
made of metal is a problem for armour, and only armour. anything else it doesn't matter; you can wear metal jewelry, wield metal weapons, activate metal wands or rods, use metallic objects with magical properties, etc.

anyways, what are your options? do you actually get to have an item of your choice? are you the DM of a moon druid player and looking for something to offer? why do you need to know?

hymer
2016-02-10, 02:15 PM
I'm running a human Moon Druid, I'm at lvl 8 and I can't seem to find any magic items that are really worth it or aren't made of metal. Does anyone have any suggestions for some solid magic items?

Funny, I've been looking at magical items for my guide. What sort of of rarity are you allowed?

Edit: Shadowmonked.

Second edit: Is there anything in particular you're looking to shore up or expand on?

Third edit: If you're looking for something that can very clearly function in wild shape, ioun stones are obvious. After that it gets a little silly, with bears and elementals with bracers (of defense) or cloaks. Rings (of protection) might go around some protuberance, maybe.
For use in caster form, the Staff of the Woodlands seems powerful, but in effect gives more of what the druid already has. If it's too much, a Pearl of Power could be seen as a lesser version, albeit usable by any spellcaster. Dragon Scale Mail is pretty decent armour for a druid.
And they can of course make use of a Stone of Good Luck and so on, although these probably stop functioning in wild shape.