PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars character build advice

Aleolus
2016-02-10, 12:53 PM
Hey all. I'm hoping to be able to join a SW game fairly soon, and I'm looking for some advice regarding a character I would like to have in the wings for if/when I do. I have a baseline idea for what I'm wanting, as well as a few specifics, but almost no actual system mastery.

What I'm wanting is a character who is kind of a blend between Han Solo and Anakin Skywalker (Phantom Menace version), in that he's a human smuggler from Corellia who has some force sensitivity, but no training with it. His force insight basically gives him heightened reflexes and evasion and such (like Anakin had). He knows he has that sensitivity, but doesn't want to learn the ways of jedi/sith because both of them dictate your life, which he refuses to let anyone or anything do.

His personal gear is simple (couple blasters, a vibro-knife, and basic gear), and hr has a ship with the following modifications (ones with a * next to then I know I will need GM approval for)
Subtly enhanced weapons/armor (Only a focused scan will reveal their presence, otherwise it seems a normal ship of its type)
Smuggling holds
Dummy hyperdrives* (backup hyperdrive units designed to fail, automatically activated if the ship enters an anomalous gravity well)
Flak Cannon* (I think this is what they are called, it fires off a lot of metal shards and dust and similar stuff to get mess up targetting systems like tractor beams and the like)

Waar
2016-02-10, 01:27 PM
Hey all. I'm hoping to be able to join a SW game fairly soon, and I'm looking for some advice regarding a character I would like to have in the wings for if/when I do. I have a baseline idea for what I'm wanting, as well as a few specifics, but almost no actual system mastery.

What I'm wanting is a character who is kind of a blend between Han Solo and Anakin Skywalker (Phantom Menace version), in that he's a human smuggler from Corellia who has some force sensitivity, but no training with it. His force insight basically gives him heightened reflexes and evasion and such (like Anakin had). He knows he has that sensitivity, but doesn't want to learn the ways of jedi/sith because both of them dictate your life, which he refuses to let anyone or anything do.

His personal gear is simple (couple blasters, a vibro-knife, and basic gear), and hr has a ship with the following modifications (ones with a * next to then I know I will need GM approval for)
Subtly enhanced weapons/armor (Only a focused scan will reveal their presence, otherwise it seems a normal ship of its type)
Smuggling holds
Dummy hyperdrives* (backup hyperdrive units designed to fail, automatically activated if the ship enters an anomalous gravity well)
Flak Cannon* (I think this is what they are called, it fires off a lot of metal shards and dust and similar stuff to get mess up targetting systems like tractor beams and the like)

Well that is a nice concept, but which system are you using?

Aleolus
2016-02-10, 01:56 PM
I don't know. Like I said, I'm hoping to join a game, but I don't have any leads at the moment. I don't even know if anyone in my area plays any of them (probably not, given where I live)