PDA

View Full Version : Continuing the Paladin Fix

Droopy McCool
2016-02-10, 08:46 PM
So this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472329-The-Paladin-Hypothetical-Fix) thread is just barely too old to post on it, but I had a thought that needed input. How out of balance would it be if this here paladin didn't have spells known, but prepared spells like the Cleric does while using the Bard's spells per day? Also, what tier? My guess is still 3, but much higher than it would've been. Good idea or bad?

In case you think 'why not play a Cleric at that point', I'm effectively replacing the Cleric with this.

McCool

Pluto!
2016-02-10, 08:54 PM
I've used something like that, filling in the level 5-6 slots with Cleric level 5-7 spells (but requiring spells known). It's pretty strong, but really probably T3.

It's been a while since I've really dug into the breadth of the Pally spell list, but I don't think they have the versatility to break past the T3 mark.

Droopy McCool
2016-02-10, 09:43 PM
The link in my first post goes to my starting fix for our good Pal, which gave him the Cleric spell list on the Bard's spells per day. I had Bard's spells known as well, but that's the question.

McCool