PDA

View Full Version : E6 [Pathfinder] Spheres of Power conversion to E6

Mehangel
2016-02-10, 10:23 PM
1st, is there a conversion for Spheres of Power to E6?
2nd, if there is, where can I find it?
3rd, if there is not, how would you make the various classes?

Aresneo
2016-02-11, 12:55 AM
Spheres of Power scales off of Caster level which is capped at your level, the only problem you might have is that you can gain new spheres or talents with a feat so eventually a spherecaster will be able to cast everything.

TheIronGolem
2016-02-11, 02:06 AM
Yeah, if I were running SoP in E6 I would probably ban the Extra Magic Talent feat.

Crake
2016-02-11, 02:19 AM
I most definitely would NOT ban the extra magical talent feat, what I would ban is the extra spell points feat, or at least limit how many times it can be taken (three seems like a reasonable limit). Extra magical talent is akin to a sorcerer picking up extra spell, or a wizard simply scribing scrolls into his spellbook, it's hardly gamebreaking, and also gives spherecasters something to look foward to, as gaining spheres is the only lateral progression that a sphere caster can reasonably gain.

Honestly, I don't think there's any real need for "conversion", like most classes in e6, they function well as they are, what exactly do you feel you need to convert?

stack
2016-02-11, 05:48 AM
I don't know what you would really have to change. Some lower level advanced talents could work as 'epic' feats, maybe brew up a few other feats for post 6(+1 CL to a single sphere, takable only once). Maybe feats to cover some level 7 or 8 class features that you don't get otherwise. I don't think either extra talent or extra spellpoints would be terribly problematic, but that may vary by table.