PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Tome of Battle maneuvers question

Hogsy
2016-02-11, 12:08 PM
Is it possible to replace a lvl1 maneuver with a lvl2 maneuver when I reach the appropriate lvl to qualify for 2nd lvl maneuvers?

Flickerdart
2016-02-11, 12:11 PM
Is it possible to replace a lvl1 maneuver with a lvl2 maneuver when I reach the appropriate lvl to qualify for 2nd lvl maneuvers?

Yes. Quoth the "maneuvers" ability description:

Upon reaching 4th level, and at every even-numbered warblade level after that (6th, 8th, 10th, and so on), you can choose to learn a new maneuver in place of one you already know. In effect, you lose the old maneuver in exchange for the new one. You can choose a new maneuver of any level you like, as long as you observe your restriction on the highest-level maneuvers you know; you need not replace the old maneuver with a maneuver of the same level. For example, upon reaching 10th level, you could trade in a single 1st-, 2nd-, 3rd- or 4th-level maneuver for a maneuver of 5th level or lower, as long as you meet the prerequisite of the new maneuver.

However, you can only make the swap at levels 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20. Since you gain 2nd level maneuvers at level 3, you need to wait a level before you can swap a 1st level maneuver for a 2nd level one.

Hogsy
2016-02-11, 01:05 PM
Yes. Quoth the "maneuvers" ability description:

However, you can only make the swap at levels 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20. Since you gain 2nd level maneuvers at level 3, you need to wait a level before you can swap a 1st level maneuver for a 2nd level one.

I love you and the amazing thread that you have shown me. Or was it Orcus?

Crake
2016-02-11, 04:13 PM

That is true for a single classed initiator, however any initiator who has taken say, 2 levels in another class, will have his initiator level offset by 1, so at level 4 class level he will actually have an initiator level of 5 and qualify for 3rd level maneuvers, allowing him to swap at the same level he gains access to a new maneuver level.