PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Buffing Force Screen (Psionics)

Feint's End
2016-02-11, 02:36 PM
I am gonna start playing a Psion in an upcoming game and I thought about using Force Screen mainly for flavour reasons.
Now I wanted to ask if it would be ok for Force Screen to also apply against touch attacks, because

-1. you are not actually touching the screen which is why shields originally don't defend against them (this is the logic reason)

-2. Inertial Armor does something quite similar (well you can still wear armor in the case of force screen but with inertial armor nothing is stopping you from wearing a shield as well) while having a much longer duration (you might need to buff Force Screen in combat) AND a better augment.

-3. Funily enough the power already works agains ethereal touch attacks (are all ethereal attacks touch?) specifically

So it makes sense logicwise and would be fair too compared to how much better Inertial Armor is.
What do you think? Would it be too strong to buff it to also work against touch attacks? I think it would be a simple buff which would make it more viable and a good alternative / useable in more situations buff compared to Inertial Armor.

Psyren
2016-02-11, 04:13 PM
My only real balance concern is that you've effectively turned it into a deflection bonus, except it also stacks with your existing deflection bonuses. I can see the justification for applying it to all touch attacks though.

If you do go through with this, remember that Force Screen is basically just Psionic Shield, so consider making the change over in magic-land too.

Feint's End
2016-02-11, 04:34 PM
My only real balance concern is that you've effectively turned it into a deflection bonus, except it also stacks with your existing deflection bonuses. I can see the justification for applying it to all touch attacks though.

If you do go through with this, remember that Force Screen is basically just Psionic Shield, so consider making the change over in magic-land too.

Yeah that is my concern too. I was just wondering if it would be fine balancewise.

Also agreeing with the transfer.