PDA

View Full Version : Simplest astral projection infinite wealth loops

Kraken
2016-02-12, 05:03 AM
So you're a wizard, shapechanged into a nightmare and enjoying your free astral projection abilities. I've seen it argued that ending astral projection ends all effects of the spell, and thus destroys copies of your gear. If this isn't the case, then there's your infinite gold right there, but assuming that's true, what about spell effects from your copy or copied items? Couldn't your copy just use a scroll of wish (or whatever) to create a bag of gold, then you end that projection and repeat the process, gaining a new bag of gold each time? I know astral projection+shapechange are commonly cited as an easy infinite wealth combo, I've just never paid attention to any actual methods. I don't intend to actually use this for anything, it just stems from an idle discussion I was having earlier today.

Beheld
2016-02-12, 05:18 AM
So you're a wizard, shapechanged into a nightmare and enjoying your free astral projection abilities. I've seen it argued that ending astral projection ends all effects of the spell, and thus destroys copies of your gear. If this isn't the case, then there's your infinite gold right there, but assuming that's true, what about spell effects from your copy or copied items? Couldn't your copy just use a scroll of wish (or whatever) to create a bag of gold, then you end that projection and repeat the process, gaining a new bag of gold each time? I know astral projection+shapechange are commonly cited as an easy infinite wealth combo, I've just never paid attention to any actual methods. I don't intend to actually use this for anything, it just stems from an idle discussion I was having earlier today.

Why on earth would you wait until level 17? You are a Wizard, you can buy a scroll of Wish and cast Lesser Planar Binding at level 9 for your Astral Projection needs.

Kraken
2016-02-12, 05:23 AM
Level isn't really important for anything here, I guess assume for this thread you have astral projection as an at will SLA at whatever level you want. What are the simplest/coolest ways to create infinite wealth?