PDA

View Full Version : Windows Solitaire

Starwulf
2016-02-12, 06:14 AM
So I know this is a very unusual thread, considering it's a game as unassuming as Solitaire, but I had something happen to me earlier tonight that I have NEVER had happen to me in the 20+ years I've been playing Windows Solitaire. I had an unwinnable game that had literally zero moves right from the start(using the Draw 3 method). There were no cards in the draw pile, nor any cards dealt to me that could be moved in any sort of way.

Has this ever happened to anyone else playing Windows Solitaire? I honestly didn't think it was a possibility, at least in modern Windows Solitaire, I figured they had all games pre-programmed(like Freecell) and that every set of cards dealt had at least one way to win, or at least one or two moves that could be made before the game declared itself unwinnable.

So yeah, there it is, a very odd post I know, but I felt it was somewhat interesting and wished to share ^^

Erloas
2016-02-12, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure it is truly random like a real set of cards and nothing has been done to increase or decrease the winability of the game.

I've had games with almost nothing that could be done, but I don't know if I've ever had any where it was literally nothing that could be moved.