PDA

View Full Version : Need some smack down builds.

Metahuman1
2016-02-12, 08:39 AM
So, DM threw me an interesting curve ball. We have a story line in the ongoing game coming up were we are gonna be dealing with some politics from a somewhat mystical warrior society. Whom are suppose to be pretty much the most badass nation in the world collectively, and whom at an individual level are far more often then not the best combatant(s) in the room when there outside there own boarders by a long shot.

He wants me, having made some story elements important to my characters plans (Long term ones at the time that are about to come to fruition.) To give him some example builds. For character level 6, 8, 10, 12 and 15.

So, I could use some input. More then one rough build out for each level would be good (say, 1 more mystically inclined one and 1 more Martially inclined one, though even the magic one's should be able to fight capably if pressed into it.), and aside from that, the only things are, NO Psionics (A shame really.) Artificers and Tome of Battle classes common, and basically everything else allowed.

So, playground, can you help me?

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-02-12, 08:44 AM
If these are guys you're gonna have to go up against, use the sample characters given in the books. :smallwink:

Flickerdart
2016-02-12, 02:01 PM
Your DM asked you to build NPCs for him? Sounds like it's time straight Warrior with Toughness.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-02-12, 02:17 PM
Your DM asked you to build NPCs for him? Sounds like it's time straight Warrior with Toughness.No, that would be way too powerful. All those hp to chew through! Give them Skill Focus (Anything But Basketweaving Because Basketweaving is OP).

We don't want the bad guys to absolutely slaughter the party, do we?

Metahuman1
2016-02-12, 07:05 PM
There not gonna be enemies, barring people in the party doing things that go past Suicidally Stupid and go into physically real world painfully stupid. Which for this purpose will not be a problem.

There actually gonna be allies. (Granted, after a shortish couple of objectives in there home turf, there gonna mostly be allies who's job it is to just provide a safe home base to operate out of and provide good background news of actual victories happening so that, for the first time in 12 levels on a game that started at level 1, we can actually be situated to come back from a mission and hear good news for a change of pace. You know, little things like "Ok, while you were assassinating the organizations lead Necromancer, we successfully captured one of there largest supply routes, thus delaying there ability to get essential food and weapons related supplies to there troops by months!) But allies none the less.

So, toward that end, I need something a lot more effective and possibly a bit more involved then "NPC warrior/Fighter.". If anyone has anything to offer/suggest?

Edit: I should also mention that the enemy organization is VERY fond of using constructs, and are in fact using them more and more and more as they go. And that same said enemy organization are suppose to be utterly terrified of the idea of a direct conflict with this nation, which is why there using underhanded tactics to prevent an open and direct conflict from breaking out regardless of what else they actually do.

And that one of the things were gonna be doing is taking away said enemy organization's leverage, so that this nation can cut loose on them.