PDA

View Full Version : DM Help (Pathfinder)Eberron Story Cleanup - Help me get a good start to my campaign

codyleaderbrand
2016-02-12, 10:24 AM
Hello all! I'll be starting a new campaign with some friends in roughly a weeks time. It's be Eberron based starting at 2nd level per their specific request, we'll also be using Pathfinder instead of 3.5. Currently party members are as follows with very short brief synopsis of character background and purpose:

2nd Elven Magus - Power hungry redemption/revenge story, focus on melee
2nd Human Monk - Seeking to train under the best masters in the world, taking the advanced elemental background archtype. Think Avatar the Last Airbender style
2nd Changling Rouge - 3 personality focus Changling, politician looking to bring Democracy to Breland, one part gypsy for funsies, and one part dragonmark house member(undetermined which one)
Elven 1 Alchemist / 1 Ninja - Previous Emerald Claw member that was peddling drugs in Sharn to make profits, slept with the wrong higher ups lady friends now on the run

I'm looking for some help cleaning up my current story build-up as well as a good starting point for my campaign. I've used a lot of pre-made Eberron resources to build up specific events with specific characters. I'm not looking to put a pretty bow on top AND to give reason for the party to be involved with said story. Starting point is currently Sharn but that can change if need be. Here is a current dump of my notes. I don't have accurate dates for when all this is going to go down but naturally it's a build up to when Cyre went boom so sometime before the end of The Last War. I appreciate all the help and advice given!

Cyre wants to build a magical force field that emcompasses the entirely of the nation. Queen Dannel ir Wynarn. She reached out to her most trusted magical advisor in order to learn what it would take to accomplish a feat of such magical proportions.Starrin d’Cannith determined that the best thing to do would be to emulate a Wall of Force around the entirety of the country. The spell would be empowered by Eberron Shard beacons placed strategically around the continent to continue powering the shield. The shield would need powered by a large original source that could be maintained with the need of human intervention.

Starrin d’Cannith - previous leader of House Cannith - deceased
Queen Dannel ir’Wynarn - previous Queen of Cyre - deceased

House Cannith determines the only way to create enough energy is to have a large amount of power available to push the spell across the country. Starrin’s first idea is to create a Genesis Forge on top of a large power source. Since they have already had good success with the Genesis Forge that they had already built. This one could be dedicated to generating the energy needed to push the permanent spell the entire distance it needed to go. The first thing to do was to find an appropriate power source.

Queen Dannel ir’Wynarn - previous Queen of Cyre - deceased

Starrin was instructed to make this his top priority by the Queen, promising him if he successfully created the spell surrounding the state that House Cannith would be granted anything they required from the nation of Cyre. Starrin agreed with the thought of becoming the most powerful house in Khorvaire. Starrin reached out to House Tharashk in search of the best Dragonshard hunters. The House provided Khundar’aashta and Maagrim d’Tharashk to assist with finding the Shard size that House Cannith needed to power the Genesis Forge. The only terms that were agreed upon besides pay were that House Tharashk was to keep this project a top secret mission under reasons of political conflict. It took the two 6 months of constant searching but they finally found the large source of arcane power that they needed. The two happened across the strangest and most lucrative find of their careers. They found an oversized Eberron Shard twisted and embedded with a Khyber Eberron Shard. Once entirely cleared the shard was perfect, consequently Tharashk was paid handsomely for their services and they were also placed with a Mark of Justice speaking that they would always keep their mouths closed about what they experienced and saw in Cyre. If the pact was ever broken their intelligence would be drained to a point of unintelligence.

Khundar’aashta - House Tharashk - alive
Maagrim d’Tharashk - House Tharashk - alive

Once the area was entirely excavated and the Shard was cleaned and prepared to be utilized Starrin turned to the Dwarves of the Kolkarun Clan. As with any massive project, the need for skilled workers is a must. However, with this project being something that needs to be kept secret silence can be just as valuable as skill with a hammer and iron. Starrin made contact with Siggar Deepore who promised he was capable of churning out the amount of materials needed without the worry of anyone speaking out about the project. These would be materials needed for the Forge itself as well as the Pylons extending the power to the borders. What Starrin didn’t know was that Siggar was a Silver Concord of The Aurum. When Siggar brought up the project to the rest of the members of The Aurum they all agreed it was a good opportunity to make some money without prying any further. Military contracts were common and often celebrated among the members as they typically paid large sums for these projects.

Siggar Deepore - Kolkarun Clan Mror Holds & Aurum - Alive

Starrin with his boundless resources of the original Genesis Forge used its power to create a specific task team of Warforged that could build the Khyber Forge as quickly as possible. He even created a Warforged Dragon that could patrol the building area to ensure that nobody would accidentally end up in the area and to defend the builders. With the Warforged builders working night and day 24/7 there was only need for an onsite repair crew and build team which consisted of Starrin & his cousin Zorlan d’Cannith. The two of them maintained the Warforged and ensured that everything was properly build around the Shard as well as building all the Pylons needed for extending the magical effects of the Shard. Four months later everything was put into place properly and it was time to apply power to the Shard. Starrins goal is to bind the spell Wall of Force to the Khyber portion of the Shard while Empowering the Eberron Shard with an Extend Metamagic Spell, the Pylons would then push the spell to the borders of the country allows the single power source to push all the power. He now needed someone who could cast the spells at the spell levels required.

Zorlan d’Cannith - Current leader of House Cannith East - Alive
Warforged Dragon(Unnamed) - Alive
Cogheads Warforged Building Crew - Alive

Starrin only knew of one Wizard powerful enough to cast the spells required for the force wall around Cyre. (Permanency Wall of Force CL 13th) This man is Noel Vasdales, Starrin only had heard of the man in passing because of his expertise in divine and arcane magic. Starrin reached out to him and Noel only had 1 request, that a power conduit be ran to the bottom of the Karrn river so he could create a laboratory under the river currents as to hide his work. Starrin agreed, and the spell preperation began. Halfway through the ritual Noel determined that the Genesis Forge was the incorrect power source for what was needed instead he suggested that they convert the Genesis Forge into an Eldritch Machine of which Noel had the designs for.

Noel Vasdales - BBEG (3 Wizard / 3 Cleric / 11 Mystic Theurge) - alive