PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Planar Touchstone -> Extra Turning/Divine Disciple (Sun) -> RSoP = Turning?

White Blade
2016-02-12, 01:08 PM
Alright, so if I'm building an Archivist and I take Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment: Fire Domain), gaining turning, then take Divine Disciple (Sun) and then take RSoP (which I qualified for with Extra Turning for my fire elementals), do I get turn undead?

Relevant wording:

A radiant servant of Pelor adds his radiant servant class levels to his cleric levels for all purposes related to turning undead.

Does all purposes include adding it if you didn't have it before?

Is it 0+1 = 1 or - + 1 = -?

sleepyphoenixx
2016-02-12, 01:29 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't, but your DM might disagree. You'd just turn as a cleric of your RSoP level, but i assume you're getting it to fuel DMM anyway. Your entry is very inefficient though.

Your proposed entry works like this - you qualify for Extra Turning with Planar Touchstone:CoE - Divine Disciple needs 4th level spells, so the earliest you can enter is level 8. Planar Touchstone requires level 6 though, so you can't get Extra Turning before level 9 and enter DD at level 10.
Add to that 4 levels until you get the Sun domain and your first level of RSoP will be at level 14, which is very late.

It would be a lot easier to take a level of Sacred Exorcist at 8, and qualification is pretty simple because the needed skills are in-class.
And Master of Radiance can be entered at level 6 just by knowing Daylight and having ranks in 2 knowledge skills. It grants TU at first level.