PDA

View Full Version : About #936.. hmm [Spoilers]

the300
2007-06-16, 07:30 PM
Does anyone think elan being the last person alive be able to kill the snarl all by himself, or will he still mourn over haleys death... yea... to think that people still think miko is gonna come back ha funny. to bad I'm pretty sure rich would of bought roy back again for the 23th time, (although it was starting to be like south park there) before he bought back miko

anyway what do you guys think

WutAmI
2007-06-16, 07:31 PM
lol wut

Tyrmatt
2007-06-16, 07:35 PM
Less sampling of the druidic herb pouch during the night for this fella methinks.

Snake-Aes
2007-06-16, 07:39 PM
replace the herb sampling for an English teacher >.<

PePe QuiCoSE
2007-06-16, 07:51 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0936.html

brilliant.

WutAmI
2007-06-16, 08:04 PM
I did think it was cool how V blasted Xykon while jumping backwards out of the tower window during the battle at Girard's Mausoleum. Too bad V got eaten by the Terrasque horde, who's going to decrypt the incantation for the Uthuminus Superweapon now???

Hungry Kobold
2007-06-16, 08:06 PM
anyway what do you guys think

I think you should lay off the doobie.

Ganurath
2007-06-16, 08:21 PM
I did think it was cool how V blasted Xykon while jumping backwards out of the tower window during the battle at Girard's Mausoleum. Too bad he got eaten by the Terrasque horde, who's going to decrypt the incantation for the Uthuminus Superweapon now???The Undead Lovers Miko and Tsukiko of course.

Khime
2007-06-16, 08:30 PM
Well, Elan's prophecy about getting a happy ending still hasn't come true, so I think he'll somehow manage to succeed against the Snarl. Why else did Rich spend much of the 700's going into Elan's second prestige class choice?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-16, 08:34 PM
http://images.roflbot.wigflip.com/E/P/3Gmu7zsv0J.jpg

...That is all.

theinsulabot
2007-06-16, 08:39 PM
The Undead Lovers Miko and Tsukiko of course.

my brain!

battery acid is the only answer!

WutAmI
2007-06-16, 08:47 PM
http://images.roflbot.wigflip.com/E/P/3Gmu7zsv0J.jpg

...That is all.
Is today Caturday? oh sweet, it is!

TheNovak
2007-06-16, 08:59 PM
Dude, did everyone else miss that throwaway cameo in panel seven? Zombie Fruit Pie Sorcerer stabbing a beholder in the eye with a chocolate creme?

Also, I think it's a polymorphed baalor with a Helm of Opposite Alignment. Mark those words.

Forrestfire
2007-06-16, 09:08 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0936.html

Can you please repost the link? It won't work.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-06-16, 09:11 PM
Look, all of you are forgetting the events of the 800's story arc! Durkon and Hilgya's love child Durgya summoned the MitD's mother from the pits of the Abyss, and Blackguard Miko rode it into the midst of Tsukiko's "Summon All Undead" thus redeeming Miko and giving her a place atop Mt. Celestia!

Tsukiko probably won't ever forgive Miko for running off with Wanda and Jillian, but memories of her final debauch with Belkar and V's mate should hold her over for a bit...

Ah, and never forget what they did with Elan's wooden Alpaka! My God, that was FUNNY!!! I start cracking everytime I think of the look on Belkar and the Rookie's face when they opened it!

Tredrick
2007-06-16, 09:15 PM
I still cannot get over Belkar sacrificing himself to hold the Snarl at bay at Girard's gate in 758.

TheNovak
2007-06-16, 09:18 PM
Oh yeah! I guess it could by Durkya. Erm, a polymorphed Durkya.

And speaking of Hilgya, I wonder if she survived that thing. And I still think Xykon Jr. got out (relatively) alive...which sucks for the good guys. I think he'll end up using his dad's skull as a focus for his big spell.

TroyXavier
2007-06-16, 09:18 PM
And the surprise revelation of V's gender and mate. That was just mind boggling.

pendell
2007-06-16, 09:20 PM
I still cannot get over Belkar sacrificing himself to hold the Snarl at bay at Girard's gate in 758.

Well, what gets me is that we're up to strip 987 in my universe and we've just killed Miko for the seventh time. She's worse than a monster in a horror film... she just won't DIE, damnit!

For those of you who do not have precognition, live in an alternate universe, or have some other way of seeing the future, please pay us no mind :).

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-06-16, 09:26 PM
Tsukiko probably won't ever forgive Miko for running off with Wanda and Jillian, but memories of her final debauch with Belkar and V's mate should hold her over for a bit...

I hereby declare this to be the best... thread... EVER!

MoelVermillion
2007-06-16, 09:27 PM
Can nobody else here see what the Giant was hinting at when he showed us Hayley's true race a few story arcs ago? Its obvious her half sister is going to side with Elan to avenge Haley's death.

doliemaster
2007-06-16, 09:28 PM
I still can't believe that leeky and Pompey lead that army of treants and giant spiders against Nale and Sabines army of evil half-something children, I mean who could believe they had a couple hundred half-elfs,half-orcs,half-demons,half-dragons,half-gnomes, and anything else sabine turned into? How cool is snarl&julia's monster child sula as well I mean just WOW!

LordVader
2007-06-16, 09:29 PM
Oh yeah. I can't believe Roy died again in number #10100100! (that's not actually in binary, btw- I can't speak it.:smalltongue:)
And yes, weed is bad for you.:smallwink:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-06-16, 09:39 PM
Of course, Thog staying loyal to Nale and Sabine? Who'da thunk it? I mean with the boards going crazy that Thog would go Paladin! He even had the maul of Prince Arthas!

I mean, after taking bard lessons from Elan and pulling Roy back from the volcano's eruption, to betray everyone like that! There must have been nearly 2000 posts on the main thread, not counting the page and a half on the regular forms!

Wow! Just... wow.

RationalGoblin
2007-06-16, 09:41 PM
*Facepalm*

No, just no. You're *donald trump voice* fired! /donald trump voice :smallannoyed:

Then again, it was awesome what Redcloak did in 666. That strip certainly lived up to its number, didn't it? :smalltongue:

Derivious
2007-06-16, 09:44 PM
Dang it! It happened again! Why does that keep happening???

Sigbru
2007-06-16, 09:48 PM
Shame Xykon died(again) in 666#
(this thread is pure flood)

Nathander
2007-06-16, 09:51 PM
Then again, it was awesome what Redcloak did in 666. That strip certainly lived up to its number, didn't it? :smalltongue:

See, I didn't get that. So is he now actually literally merged with his god in a higher sense now, cause I thought it was shown a little bit before that that he was already his god's avatar. So isn't that kind of....just more of the same?

You know, I never really expected Nale to have actually been turned out to be both his and Elan's own father through that custom spell he made that ended in a time paradox. I think that's one of the things that's surprised me the most.

TheNovak
2007-06-16, 10:03 PM
Well, it sort of makes sense. What's really screwed up is that Girard was the original owner of Elan's Belt of Gender-Swapping. That whole mental image is just really, really, really gross.

Sure explained the family resemblence, though, dinnit? :smallconfused:

Chronos
2007-06-16, 10:07 PM
You know, I never really expected Nale to have actually been turned out to be both his and Elan's own father through that custom spell he made that ended in a time paradox. I think that's one of the things that's surprised me the most.Nah, I saw that one coming a mile away. The part that surprised me was Elan being their mother. I suppose it was foreshadowed, though... There was obviously some reason why (s)he kept that belt, after all.

Gerli
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3210/1181626888071oo6.jpg

Hephaestus
What was really shocking was when The two assassins from the Inn made a cameo for a short arc and the one in the mask was revealed to actually be The Guy in a Fancy Cape (GiaFC) That was utterly mindblowing. The amount of flashbacks and explanations and crayon drawings they had to go through to show that one was incredible. What surprised me more was when GiaFC took on Hinjo, Easily the most climatic fight sequence between two characters. Too bad one of them had to lose...

SteveMB
2007-06-16, 10:14 PM
I'm still puzzling over the symbolism behind the way the world permanently shifted after V gained ultimate arcane power. The meta reason is obvious enough (somebody must have asked Rich "Can't you draw?" (http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq5) once too often), but it looks like the in-story reason is forever inscrutable).

shaddy_24
2007-06-16, 10:24 PM
Personally, I'll never get over Roy's first death. Everyone was saying he'd be back in a few strips. The Giant was just mean for keeping him dead for almost 150 comics. Though the epic Miko vs Roy beatdown all over Mt. Celestia was amazing. Too bad all those Solars showed up. Roy so would have won that fight. Good thing the Order resurected him then or he would have been in real trouble.

And Pompey's backstory? Absolutaly amazing. Who knew he'd end up falling in love with V? Though he never got the courage to express his feelings before V was eaten by that Terrasque swarm. Haley had to help him get over that loss.

evileeyore
2007-06-16, 11:05 PM
Is today Caturday? oh sweet, it is!In case you have problems getting there:

http://www.geocities.com/evileeyore/caturdayportal.jpg

And I must say...
http://www.geocities.com/evileeyore/lovethisthread.jpg

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-16, 11:07 PM
In case you have problems getting there:

http://www.geocities.com/evileeyore/caturdayportal.jpg

And I must say...
http://www.geocities.com/evileeyore/lovethisthread.jpg

http://lolcats2.com/full/curseyouvillain.jpg

http://lolcats2.com/for_justice.html

EDIT:Whoa. Second image isn't showing.

Alysar
2007-06-16, 11:37 PM
http://lolcats2.com/full/curseyouvillain.jpg

http://lolcats2.com/for_justice.html

EDIT:Whoa. Second image isn't showing.

That's because you're trying to display an html page as an image.

http://lolcats2.com/full/for_justice.jpg

Nathander
2007-06-17, 12:16 AM
I'll tell you what, though....

Most bizarre thing in the entire comic? During the 700s era, where Belkar finally got Mr. Scruffy as his animal companion. It was the most heartbreaking thing in the world when Scruffy died protecting Belkar, even if it did begin Belkar's alignment change. :smallfrown:

Tredrick
2007-06-17, 12:21 AM
Oh, lest I forget, I still think the revelation that Serini is Belkar's Aunt Judy and raised him that way to fulfill a prophecy is going to come back up. I tell you again, and mark my words: That Prophecy Is Not Done Yet!

theinsulabot
2007-06-17, 12:22 AM
I'll tell you what, though....

Most bizarre thing in the entire comic? During the 700s era, where Belkar finally got Mr. Scruffy as his animal companion. It was the most heartbreaking thing in the world when Scruffy died protecting Belkar, even if it did begin Belkar's alignment change. :smallfrown:

yeah but come on, after scruffy got zapped by that humanoid conversion spell and put on the belt, the cat girl angle could only go on for so long before it was totally played out, rich had to right him/her out of the script

factotum
2007-06-17, 01:55 AM
Has anyone figured out yet why strip 800 was just a single panel with a horde of purple rabbits running across it? It's never been referred to again...

Ithekro
2007-06-17, 01:57 AM
That was the April Fool's strip. It will come up agian next year.

doliemaster
2007-06-17, 01:58 AM
Yeah Belk's alignment change was annoying but remember that 100 strips later V said the words "I love you Belkar" which gave V ultimate power even though it was a lie because all the cries of the people on the forum saying "I told you so" got absorbed into V when he later revealed it to be a lie, but belkar DID love V which caused Belkar to be on an eternal quest to kill V because he made Belkar feel so distraught over his emotions being dashed like that. Wow I bet that post is hard to read.

Ampersand
2007-06-17, 02:30 AM
I know you people will never agree with me, but I still say that 772's reenactment of Reservoir Dogs was a complete non-sequitor. There's really no way that Roy's cousin's brother's sister's uncle's land lord's former roommate's evil twin would know the lyrics to "Stuck in the Middle With You," and it was just weird when Windstriker walked through wearing the Jolly Rancher costume.

Do you guys think that Miko and Eugene really are an item? I'm not sure that their shared disgust at the poor service Nale's dry cleaning service provides is enough to overcome Miko's belief that Eugene's dream of drifting across the Sapphirian southwest making documentaries about the plight of migrant fluumph laborers is a waste of his talents.

Helgraf
2007-06-17, 02:39 AM
Problematic, true, but not nearly as confusing as the re-embodied Xykon's wedding to the lich-ified Tsukiko. The vows were priceless though.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-17, 02:43 AM
I award this thread 200,000,000 XP, and declare it Epic.

Ithekro
2007-06-17, 02:58 AM
Yes but the thread on #901 was longer than when Miko died that first time. I mean 34 pages long and 1006 posts? Plus the endless debate over if Roy's actions against Haley were Lawful/Chaotic or Good/Evil was just too much to read in just two days. Plus the Huge panel over what Thor's reaction, which totally confused the matter.

Gnome King
2007-06-17, 03:00 AM
http://www.dropline.net/cats/kitty/fakecat

Senex
2007-06-17, 03:02 AM
Just be glad that the "OotS goes to Earth" arc is over.

WutAmI
2007-06-17, 04:26 AM
Just what happened to Miko after that whole incident in Mechanus? sure, she had to break her paladin honor to help Tsukiko to trick that Modron army into going to Tryslmaistan instead of the Prime Material, but if that doesn't earn her redemption, nothing else will. And to those losers who still think the Oracle's second prophecy means she'll become the next Primus: PLONK. one doesn't get to that position by demonstrating Chaotic behaviour, as she did at the Armistice Square Massacre.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 06:38 AM
And what about the time in #1075 when belkar actually stabbed thor in the eye? He must of accidently stomped on like... 3 different countrys. Durkon got so pissed...

TheNovak
2007-06-17, 06:44 AM
Hey, we're only up to #936, dude. What is this, some kind of joke?

Lavidor
2007-06-17, 07:48 AM
I thought Haley's dad falling in love with Sabine was a huge cop-out. What is Haley's half-sister now, anyway? Base Creature Aasimar, Half-Fiend (I know Rich said what Sabine was in the 800's, but I can't remember), Vampire, Ghost, and probably a few other templates I can't remember now.

Ronsian
2007-06-17, 07:49 AM
What I really didn't get, was in 678, how Nale ate the gem of power. Wouldn't he like explode? Or was that how he managed to gain all of his power? Couldn't he have just like, rubbed it or something like 'dat?

To OP, lay off the peace pipe.

MoelVermillion
2007-06-17, 08:06 AM
Does anyone else think the inevitable return of Hinjo and Julio Scoundrel will happen soon? I mean they've been flying around space in Hinjo's Junk for a long time and i think the setup is right for them to return.

SteveMB
2007-06-17, 10:07 AM
Hey, we're only up to #936, dude. What is this, some kind of joke?

Yeah, I always thought that kind of joke thread was just lame. That's why I never post to them.

Green Bean
2007-06-17, 10:40 AM
Personally, I'm sad that Rich had to end the Lien/Ochul sideplot so soon. I mean, I can't deny that it was one of the most brilliant uses of a Freedom of Movement spell ever.

JMalone
2007-06-17, 11:08 AM
hay guyz whuts goin on in dis thread lol

Tawkis
2007-06-17, 12:09 PM
Dude, did everyone else miss that throwaway cameo in panel seven? Zombie Fruit Pie Sorcerer stabbing a beholder in the eye with a chocolate creme?

Also, I think it's a polymorphed baalor with a Helm of Opposite Alignment. Mark those words.

Yeah it's great that they finally released that and the mind flayer to free use.

The "Free the Abominations Campaign" of 2014 was a great success thanks to the unlikely reconciliation of the Giant and Baker.

Who could ever forget the upset victory of Mr. Rodriguez over Mr. Jones in the case of Miko vs. The twelve Gods...

redcodekevin
2007-06-17, 12:39 PM
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9090/funnye4hl2.jpg

I think I missed that comic... Hmmm (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0936.html)...

moleytov
2007-06-17, 01:21 PM
To be honest with you I'm not sure I like the new art style that Rich has adopted for the PCs since 874, I prefered the older, origonal OOtS.
But with the current story arch being so good, I'm not quiting.

delguidance
2007-06-17, 01:32 PM
I enjoyed the Bill Waterson guest strips.

drKarling
2007-06-17, 01:38 PM
To be honest with you I'm not sure I like the new art style that Rich has adopted for the PCs since 874, I prefered the older, origonal OOtS.
At least it's way better than #786 thru #794 when Rich was on vacation and some intern just pasted speech bubbles on top of random screenshots from the "Lord of the Rings" movies.

ufo
2007-06-17, 01:41 PM
At least it's way better than #786 thru #794 when Rich was on vacation and some intern just pasted speech bubbles on top of random screenshots from the "Lord of the Rings" movies.

:smallamused: (I thought the skull trap was awesome )

I was disappointed at the end of the Miko/Durkon/Lilian story arc, though. I thought MitD would've used the Ultimate Wand of Smiting +99. That would've been so cool. Too bad he fell in love with Shojo. :smallannoyed:

nagora
2007-06-17, 01:50 PM
Frankly, I'm just dipping in to see how things are going. I really gave up caring in issue 900 when Dungeon Master turned up.

As if that wasn't bad enough, killing Uni that way was just sick. My therapist says I should put it behind me but I still wake up with her cries" echoing in my head. Someday, perhaps, I will reach a place where I will finally hear the silence of the unicorns.:smallfrown:

happyturtle
2007-06-17, 02:13 PM
My favorite strip was when MitD ate Xykon's phylactery while Redcloak was in the shower. The look on Xykon's skull! (Just glad all the sorting through the 'droppings' happened off panel!)

Ithekro
2007-06-17, 02:34 PM
Well the "Return of Miko" story in the 600s was weird. I mean reincarnated as a half elven-half gnomish cleric that likes blue but every time she puts it on it turns biege because of that Curse of Breaking the Fourth Wall they put on her in Mayberry. It was like 50 strips before we could tell if she was yelling at us or the Giant.

Oberon
2007-06-17, 02:43 PM
I enjoyed the Bill Waterson guest strips.

Not me. Tsukiko giving birth to Miko and Eugene's lovechild just did NOT translate well in watercolor.

On a sidenote, I know It's been overplayed, but I really hope we havent seen the last of Haley. How else will Belkar's prophecy from the third visit to the oracle ever come true?

Kreistor
2007-06-17, 02:52 PM
For me, it was the crossover with Sluggy Freelance that lost my interest. RIff and Vaarsuvius on water skis in shark infested and all those completely unexplained ramps... it just felt like an episode of Happy Days.

Raimun
2007-06-17, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I think I've figured out everything but not the events of 888-891, I mean what are those Legion of the Countless-guys anyway? Forums are still debating wheter they would all be Fiendish Locathah Fighter/Rogues (at the very least), with sergeants having a level or two of Wizard or Undead Troglodyte Pirate/Ninjas (at the very least), with sergeants having a level or two of Cleric of Tiamat.
Both seem very likely but it's hard to tell because of all the (cool) enclosing armor and helmets.
Anyway, General Salamander (who is most likely of different race than his/her troops) is so cool! I mean could the Order really stand against the flaming death he unleashed against Real Shojo AND his/her strategical/tactical geniusness demonstrated at Battle of Nine Hills against the Zombie Paladins of Azure Rebels? Not likely. Plus I've never thought of a weapon so unusual he wields. And I thought Sword-Chuks were original. Looks like his weapon will become one of the running gags of the strip.
Man, if only Team Evil had him/her at the Azure City-siege, they would have surely gained the control of Azure Gate...

Nathander
2007-06-17, 09:56 PM
So I was rereading the 510-545 storyarc where Roy and Miko meet in the afterlife for the first time. You know, I think Rich really put one over on us when he just had them sit down and talk out their differences before parting ways amicably when Roy was resurrected. I was almost certain there fighting would have torn Celestia apart.

Not me. Tsukiko giving birth to Miko and Eugene's lovechild just did NOT translate well in watercolor.

Disagree. I think it gave it a lusher, more beautiful and tender look. Though, at the same time, I was always somewhat skeptical about the Miko/Eugene thing and Tsukiko agreeing to be the surrogate mother. Though I guess it wasn't near as weird as when Roy was reincarnated as a dire water buffalo by Leeky. Man, that storyarc, short as it was, was bloomin' crazy.

TheNovak
2007-06-17, 10:19 PM
Man, that storyarc, short as it was, was bloomin' crazy.

QFT!

Entertaining, though. The Flintstones cameo where they wanted to make a hat out of Roy for their bowling club was a bit much.

Good thing Rich got into rehab right away, though. Never heard of anyone getting addicted to licking stamps, but apparently it's about as intense a high as 'shrooms.

Black of Night
2007-06-18, 01:05 AM
You know, there's been a lot of things in the comic that just make you want to forget you read/saw that.... but the time in the early 900's with V's return of the Spiked Tenticles of Forced Intrusion II.... that really deserved a warning. Seriously, poor poor O'Chul for getting in the way.... has he not suffered enough?

Agalyon
2007-06-18, 05:50 AM
I can't wait to see what happens now, after all what happened after Belkar sacrificed himself to save them from the Snarl so they could escape into the time portal to the days of Order of the Scribble.

I remember in #625 when V gets the robe from the Master of the Holey order, and that when the ghost of Zeus told them of the secret of saving the world from the snarl by killing it's disguise as Soon during the final fight, and I am assuming V will try to kill them to gain the ultimate secret of Arcane Power under the disguise of the Acolyte of the Holey order. And I am sure that when V gets those Arcane powers that (censored for those who can't see the future) will save Belkar's soul from eternal torment in the Snarls prison as them having admitting their love for each-other before he died gruesomely.

ThorFluff
2007-06-18, 09:08 AM
Actually i think ol'e belkar is gone for good. sad but true. Otherwise the story of redemption is kinda moot.

thegreatmightynerd
2007-06-18, 09:08 AM
Can you please repost the link? It won't work.

rich took it down you can read the summary at tubgirl.com

The Great Skenardo
2007-06-18, 09:09 AM
Warning; do not follow above link if you value your sanity. And your retinas.

(Gotta watch out for the pixies :smallwink: )

Illiterate Scribe
2007-06-18, 09:26 AM
But with the current story arch being so good, I'm not quiting.

Yeah, I know what you mean - having the whole thing as a strobing, 16 bit animated gif is a bit ... woah.

Jahkaivah
2007-06-18, 10:44 AM
Thats was funny im still giggling :smallbiggrin:

Gotta love Elan's "oooooh so THATS what the Monster in the Dark was, god this is more dissapointing than the final Harry Potter book, both the Warcraft and Starcraft movie and that sequel to Chess..."

At least hes got Redcloak helping him out, just hope this doesn't wind up like the Nuclear Holocaust all over again...

Scarab83
2007-06-18, 12:44 PM
"23th"??

Ugh.

PunPun pwns all
2014-01-22, 11:04 PM
{Scrubbed}

Thrillhouse
2014-01-22, 11:17 PM
I kinda thought the fact that the WHOLE COMIC was a Girard illusion was a bit of a cop out. Did explain the whole "Durkon becomes a half-dragon marmot" storyline pretty well, though.

Timix
2014-01-22, 11:31 PM
What i don't get is why in strip 17 durkon just didn't cook chicken soup and made a leopard eat it... i mean sure the strip didn't have much plot back then but still it was an obvious solution to the problem! Plus i think the unicorn should've played a bigger role.

Roland St. Jude
2014-01-23, 12:09 AM
Sheriff: Thread necromancy, particularly of six year old threads, is not permitted.