PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Making my ideal Soulknfe Monk

digiman619
2016-02-12, 06:16 PM
I know it's not the greatest build, but I want my deadly fist to fight unarmed like a monk. Is there an archetype that I can take that'll trade off my armor proficienicies for it and anything else? I'm also going to be a gifted blade, so I can't trade off psychic strike, but I can lose a blade skill or two. I don't want to dip into monk or psychic warrior for the defense (as flurry of blows/strikes doesn't stack/interact with flurry of fists). Any ideas? I don't mind homebrews, but official stuff is always preferred.

Sayt
2016-02-12, 07:19 PM
Cyththroat and nimble blade change your armour proficiencies, but don't really synergise with your build concept. I recommend just going 'Gifted Fist', and dipping a level or two of Master of Many Styles Monk and dragging Dragon Style with you free style feat, and something else.

legomaster00156
2016-02-12, 09:21 PM
To be perfectly clear, you want to make a Soulknife, a class whose entire shtick is fighting with a weapon formed of their own willpower, who fights unarmed? :smallconfused: Well, in any case, you could simply make a one-handed bludgeoning Mind Blade and fluff it as a psionically-empowered unarmed strike.

digiman619
2016-02-12, 10:49 PM
I'm using the deadly fist archetype of DSP's psionics. That lets me have the kung-fu coolness of the monk with the 'unbreakable, can never be stolen or lost magic weapon' promise of the soulknife (in theory anyway)

Manyasone
2016-02-13, 03:03 AM
And a Hadoken-kamehameha, don't forget that. Look on this forum for dsp's soulknife book. It has some nice things for you

Tohsaka Rin
2016-02-13, 03:50 AM
Picking up a few levels of Aegis will free you from a lot of your need for magical items, too.

Snagging Metaforge is nice, since it's the only Soulknife/Aegis dual advancement PrC.