PDA

View Full Version : The Tick vs. Kefka

Duke Malagigi
2007-06-16, 08:04 PM
The Tick vs. Kefka, who would win? Would the big man in blue triumph over the nihilistic clown man? You decide.

Who would win in these fights?
The Tick vs. Doma Castle poisoning Kefka
The Tick vs. Narshe attacking Kefka
The Tick vs. Thomasa atrocity Kefka
The Tick vs. Sealed Gate Kefka
The Tick vs. Floating Continent Kefka
The Tick vs. Magic God Kefka.

P.S. What would happen if Tick and Arthur accidentally absorbed Magic God Kefka's divine power?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-16, 08:16 PM
...You really don't know, do you? In any question whether or not Kefka would win, he does no matter the opponent or circumstance. In short, Kefka wins. Always.

Duke Malagigi
2007-06-16, 10:35 PM
...You really don't know, do you? In any question whether or not Kefka would win, he does no matter the opponent or circumstance. In short, Kefka wins. Always.

Even against Asmodeus or Demogorgon? How about Cthulhu or the other Great Old Ones?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-16, 10:41 PM
Even against Asmodeus or Demogorgon? How about Cthulhu or the other Great Old Ones?

It's an unquestionable fact. Kefka wins. Period. Even against Great Old ones. There are just some tings that always apply, no matter how much reality is distorted...

Binary Stars
2007-06-17, 01:34 AM
Kefka always wins? Since when? :smallconfused: He seemed to lose pretty well in Final Fantasy VI. Besides, the Tick's super-power of "Nigh Invulnerabiliy" is essentially amounts to a plot shield.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-17, 01:45 AM
Well, he also scored a pretty big win in FFVI. He just wound up dead.

Anyway, my answer: the audience.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-17, 01:54 AM
The Tick wins out of sheer virtue of plot armour. The Tick is invulnerable to anything and everything. He is the Tick.

Duke Malagigi
2007-06-17, 02:10 AM
So if Tick beats Kefka what would happen if he accidentally absorbed Kefka's divine power instead of it fading along with the Mad God of Magic?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-17, 02:20 AM
So if Tick beats Kefka what would happen if he accidentally absorbed Kefka's divine power instead of it fading along with the Mad God of Magic?

Then he'd be an idiot with control of a giant laser.

Leon
2007-06-17, 02:28 AM
SPOOOON

The Tick Wins

Setra
2007-06-17, 06:48 AM
Kefka can completely null the tick's drama power though.

He's a CLOWN.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-17, 06:51 AM
The Tick has never been what I would call 'dramatic.' He's like, the anti-drama. He tries to build up dramatic effect, but always ends up ruining it. Plus, he's fought ridiculous enemies before (see the Idea Men and Chairface Chippendale, for example).

Alex Kidd
2007-06-17, 07:30 AM
Excluding plot armour, Kefka wins, just really no way for the Tick to win. It would be hilarious however.

It's an unquestionable fact. Kefka wins. Period. Even against Great Old ones. There are just some tings that always apply, no matter how much reality is distorted...

Bah Gigyas, easy. He can't be hurt except by good. Ganon falls into the same boat really. As does anything like that. But Gigyas especially, because he'd be able to control Kefka too, due to being all evil, madness and chaos inside and outside of all universes simultaneously.

Tengu
2007-06-17, 08:19 AM
Plot armor is The Tick's main ability. Stripping him of it would be like making a battle of, for example, Prof. Xavier without psychic powers vs Gandalf. And since you do not need any special equipment or abilites to beat Kefka, therefore The Tick wins.

Alex Kidd
2007-06-17, 08:31 AM
Plot armor is The Tick's main ability. Stripping him of it would be like making a battle of, for example, Prof. Xavier without psychic powers vs Gandalf. And since you do not need any special equipment or abilites to beat Kefka, therefore The Tick wins.

True, but plot armour kind of ****s any competition up.

Setra
2007-06-17, 08:48 AM
Kefka kills the plot, and the Tick's Writers.

Thus dispelling the Plot Armor.

Yes.

Hephaestus
2007-06-17, 09:44 AM
Kefka. I agree with Siggy here, Kefka always wins. This is not a matter of if or when, It's not a matter at all, Kefka wins. Even if the fight were between The Beatles and Hercules, Kefka would win.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-17, 09:58 AM
Okay, I like Kefka and all, but you guys are taking the fanboyism to an extreme. He lost. The heroes won. He was awesome, but not invincible. Get over it.

Goku vs. Kefka - Goku wins.
Cthulu vs. Kefka - Cthulu wins.
Silver Surfer vs. Kefka - Silver Surfer wins.

Shall I go on?

SITB
2007-06-17, 11:34 AM
Okay, I like Kefka and all, but you guys are taking the fanboyism to an extreme. He lost. The heroes won. He was awesome, but not invincible. Get over it.

Goku vs. Kefka - Goku wins.
Cthulu vs. Kefka - Cthulu wins.
Silver Surfer vs. Kefka - Silver Surfer wins.

Shall I go on?

Or, you could refute it be saying that he can't "win" in FF6 because it will break the narrative imperative (A.K.A the plot) thus making sure that he would always lose.

And to actually have villains fight heroes we need to remove that pesky plot element otherwise what's the point? Heroes always win versus villains and interfighting is resolved by looking which one is more awesome and then decreeing him to be the Final Boss/Destined Hero and thus win against his opposition(Or, at least that's how it looks like those fights end in games (Don't know about comicbooks). That which is more awesome is stronger).

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-17, 11:55 AM
That which is more awesome is stronger? I call that the 'Batman' syndrome. :smallwink:

Anyway, I still say the Tick beats Kefka, sheerly out of the fact that he is the Tick and no super hero will ever match his skill.

SITB
2007-06-17, 12:04 PM
That which is more awesome is stronger? I call that the 'Batman' syndrome. :smallwink:

Precisely my point.

Anyway, I still say the Tick beats Kefka, sheerly out of the fact that he is the Tick and no super hero will ever match his skill.

And Kefka is a bloody god, your point is?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-17, 12:06 PM
Precisely my point.

And Kefka is a bloody god, your point is?

The Tick has a better warcry, plot armour (while Kefka, as a villain, has plot doomed-to-lose), and he's funnier.

That's my point. :smallwink:

SITB
2007-06-17, 12:14 PM
The Tick has a better warcry,

"Spooon!"?

Against Kefka's lines? Do you really think so?

plot armour (while Kefka, as a villain, has plot doomed-to-lose),

While this is indeed true it's beside the point.

and he's funnier.

Debatable. But not by me, as I never saw/heard of that character before

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-17, 12:14 PM
You honestly think The Tick would beat Kefka. Are you Joking?:smallamused:

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-17, 12:16 PM
"Spooon!"?

Against Kefka's lines? Do you really think so?

While this is indeed true it's beside the point.

Debatable. But not by me, as I never saw/heard of that character before

Yes, Spoon! compares with Kefka's lines.

The doomed-to-lose plot is not beside the point. It means he can't beat the Tick because the Tick is a protagonist. ;P

You...you...haven't heard of the Tick?! He's only the best crap superhero ever made!

"The City...My The City!"

You honestly think The Tick would beat Kefka. Are you Joking?:smallamused:

I'm not saying he'd beat him in any intelligent or rational manner, but yes. Yes he will.

SITB
2007-06-17, 12:20 PM
Yes, Spoon! compares with Kefka's lines.

Well... each to his own opnions then.

The doomed-to-lose plot is not beside the point. It means he can't beat the Tick because the Tick is a protagonist. ;P

By that logic the Tick can't beat Kefka unless he either teams with the FF crew or fight/kills them, and since it's stricly a fight between the Tick and Kefka the Tick can't win.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-06-17, 12:23 PM
By that logic the Tick can't beat Kefka unless he either teams with the FF crew or fight/kills them, and since it's stricly a fight between the Tick and Kefka the Tick can't win.

Then clearly you don't know the Tick. His quasi-brained schemes never fail!

Also, it's not the cry of 'Spoon!' itself, it's the delivery. The spoonish warcry while chasing crime with Little Wooden Boy is priceless.

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-17, 04:57 PM
Wasnt The Tick a Cartoon about 7 years ago or something? I Remember seeing it when i was a kid.

Setra
2007-06-17, 05:05 PM
Incorrect.

Kefka is a VIDEOGAME villian, thus it is quite possible for him to defeat protagonists. In actual videogame battles, Plot Armor cannot protect you.

Jack_Banzai
2007-06-18, 08:09 PM
You're all wrong.

Even those of you who picked the Tick are wrong, because you ignored the most important power the Tick has in his arsenal.

The Tick has Cary Grant karma, which means he always prevails.

I would suggest that Kefka has Mussolini karma, much like Barry (the Other Tick) because things were going great for him until he had a really bad day.

So, Tick wins. But not for the reasons anyone has brought up so far. Cary Grant karma.

Of course Arthur would end up dead or crippled or something, but that's his job. What with his Charlie Brown karma and all.

(see the Tick #10-#12 to see what I'm talking about)