PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Creature Catalog

SpawnOfMorbo
2016-02-13, 04:39 PM
I would really like to see a book that was just the art work for each creature in the monster manual. Whenever players, especially new one, want to know what a creature looks like I tend to describe them and then show a picture. However whenever I used the Monster Manual I have to be awkward and hide the statistics (when I modify them and when I don't).

I've found that actually seeing a creature can help players improvise or do things they typically wouldn't think of.

Anyone have anything like this for sale or free online? I would really like a nice bound book (paperback or hard cover doesn't matter) with color would be fantastic.

MBControl
2016-02-13, 04:59 PM
I would suggest, that if you have a computer or tablet available at the table, that you simply use Google image search. You will likely find a lot of the D&D art, or if not, a similar image. You may even be able to search for these images ahead of time if you know what monsters you plan to present to them in that session.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-13, 06:17 PM
I would suggest, that if you have a computer or tablet available at the table, that you simply use Google image search. You will likely find a lot of the D&D art, or if not, a similar image. You may even be able to search for these images ahead of time if you know what monsters you plan to present to them in that session.

Yeah... you could save them all in a Dropbox folder or something and then flick through the images on a tablet. That would be easier, because you could tailor it to your needs (particularly if you're 'brewing your own monsters).

Laserlight
2016-02-13, 08:55 PM
I'm using monsters from Mesoamerican myth, so I just search for images and save them to my tablet.
If I were using something straight out of the Monster Manual but didn't want my players to see the text, I suppose I could use my tablet to take a photo of the page and crop it so only the art showed.