PDA

View Full Version : Ways for a Cleric to get SNA on spell list?

claypigeons
2016-02-13, 05:21 PM
Is there a way, via alternate class feature or through a domain, that gives clerics Summon Nature's Ally I?

nedz
2016-02-13, 06:14 PM
It's a little late but:

Animal Domain grants SNA IV
Take the Spontaneous Summoner feat

Several domains grant SNA IX FWIW

claypigeons
2016-02-13, 06:18 PM
Thank you. I found the Animal Domain. I've looked through all the Initiate feats I can find, all the ACFs I can find, as well as every domain I've been able to dig up. It seems SNA4 is the earliest one available.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-02-13, 06:34 PM
Initiate of Nobanion grants SNA 2 for lions only.

Wacky89
2016-02-13, 06:41 PM
Be an Archivist :P
Thats probably the easiest way

PaucaTerrorem
2016-02-14, 03:14 AM
Talk to your DM about swapping Summon Monster on your spell list?

Twurps
2016-02-14, 05:16 AM
The woodling template (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/woodling.shtml) gives a whole bunch of SNA's starting with SNA II, It's +3LA though.

Darrin
2016-02-14, 07:13 AM
Probably not what you're looking for, but the conjure ice beast spells (Frostburn) have access to all the SNA lists.

ahenobarbi
2016-02-14, 07:29 AM
Why do you want it on the list?

Inevitability
2016-02-14, 07:55 AM
Not an ACF/domain, but Extra Spell should work.

claypigeons
2016-02-15, 09:24 AM
Why do you want it on the list?

To take Spontaneous Summoner and Greenbound Summoning as a cleric. A game I'm joining doesn't allow Druids, but does not prohibit Greenbound or Ashbound.

Inevitability
2016-02-15, 12:26 PM
To take Spontaneous Summoner and Greenbound Summoning as a cleric. A game I'm joining doesn't allow Druids, but does not prohibit Greenbound or Ashbound.

Have you checked with the DM if this workaround is okay? I don't know, but if he is prohibiting druids for fluff reasons he might be opposed to you taking very druidic feats, and if he is prohibiting them for ZOMG OP reasons, taking Greenbound Summoning is one of the worst possible things to do.

Edgar Snow
2016-02-15, 12:44 PM
Have you checked with the DM if this workaround is okay? I don't know, but if he is prohibiting druids for fluff reasons he might be opposed to you taking very druidic feats, and if he is prohibiting them for ZOMG OP reasons, taking Greenbound Summoning is one of the worst possible things to do.

I can't recall if it was unofficial errata, something from the author, or blatantly skipped over when printed, but I think greenbound summoning was supposed to have a +2 or +3 spell level adjustment because of its strengths.

If the DM simply doesn't see Druids fitting the setting, a super powered 'Nature Cleric that acts as a Druid' seems an odd request. Definitely 'check with DM' material.