PDA

View Full Version : Looting Dead PCs

MaxWilson
2016-02-13, 10:45 PM
I noticed last night that the benefit of a Transmuter's 6th level stone does not cease if the Transmuter dies, only if he creates a new stone.

So, if a Transmuter dies, you can keep using his stone indefinitely.

Interesting, no?

krugaan
2016-02-13, 10:48 PM
The life expectancy of transmute just took a hit.

pwykersotz
2016-02-13, 10:51 PM
Ooh...an alternative to magic item creation. :smallamused:

MaxWilson
2016-02-13, 11:02 PM
The life expectancy of transmute just took a hit.

Even better--I think a Simulacrum of a Transmuter can probably make its own stone.

Transmuter stones could be the foundation of a whole economy. :)

pwykersotz
2016-02-13, 11:14 PM
Even better--I think a Simulacrum of a Transmuter can probably make its own stone.

Transmuter stones could be the foundation of a whole economy. :)

I am SO glad I banned that spell in my game. Saved all sorts of headaches.

Also, that's sick and wrong (and awesome).

JackPhoenix
2016-02-14, 04:25 PM
Well, if you go by the wording, the transmuter can GIVE the item to another treature, it says nothing about anyone getting the benefit if they looted the stone from the transmuter's corpse.

It's a nice magic item...however, if you aren't the transmuter who created the stone, you can't change its effect.

druid91
2016-02-14, 05:41 PM
Well, if you go by the wording, the transmuter can GIVE the item to another treature, it says nothing about anyone getting the benefit if they looted the stone from the transmuter's corpse.

It's a nice magic item...however, if you aren't the transmuter who created the stone, you can't change its effect.

True, but Craft a simulacrum. Have the simulacrum make a stone. Dispel/kill the simulacrum. Remake it. Make another stone with a different effect.

Rinse repeat.

MaxWilson
2016-02-14, 05:49 PM

You probably want to just leave it on Con save proficiency all the time anyway. Unless you have more than one.