PDA

View Full Version : Anime Question?

171akup
2016-02-14, 03:18 AM
I am watching Detective Conan just yesterday I watched episode 219 and just found out that Magic Kaito is an anime that focuses on a recurring thief and I would like to know the timeline of episodes with Detective Conan and Magic Kaito. Mostly I want to if they have any common things. :smallbiggrin:

Fri
2016-02-15, 02:43 AM
If you're looking for list of Magic Kaito's appearances in Detective Conan anime, here's a handy list.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Kaitou_Kid_Appearances

By the way, just an interesting trivia in case you never heard it, the author made and published Magic Kaito before detective conan. Before he made detective conan, his most famous series was Yaiba, a pretty long-running shonen action fighting series. It got anime too. Then he made Magic Kaito, and the tone and style was much more fantastic than the somewhat realistic Detective Conan.

Then he made detective conan, and years after it was successful he apparently inserted Magic Kaito there as a cameo or one-off crossover. I think since he was unprecedentingly popular there, he became a regular in Detective Conan.

That's why, if you read the original Magic Kaito manga (or the anime too? I haven't watched it), you might be surprised that Kaito actually has a detective rival already, which is definitely not Shinichi. From watching detective conan you might think Shinichi/Conan is his rival, but nope :smallbiggrin:

171akup
2016-02-15, 05:25 AM
If you're looking for list of Magic Kaito's appearances in Detective Conan anime, here's a handy list.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Kaitou_Kid_Appearances

By the way, just an interesting trivia in case you never heard it, the author made and published Magic Kaito before detective conan. Before he made detective conan, his most famous series was Yaiba, a pretty long-running shonen action fighting series. It got anime too. Then he made Magic Kaito, and the tone and style was much more fantastic than the somewhat realistic Detective Conan.

Then he made detective conan, and years after it was successful he apparently inserted Magic Kaito there as a cameo or one-off crossover. I think since he was unprecedentingly popular there, he became a regular in Detective Conan.

That's why, if you read the original Magic Kaito manga (or the anime too? I haven't watched it), you might be surprised that Kaito actually has a detective rival already, which is definitely not Shinichi. From watching detective conan you might think Shinichi/Conan is his rival, but nope :smallbiggrin:

Ok Thx for all the info. I really enjoy him and since I watched episode 219 and he mentioned star wars 9 I just like him even more and since I am watching Detective Conan all in order the next times I will see his character will be in episode 356 and movie 8, I will need more fill of his character. So Thx for the list. If Shinichi/Conan/Jimmy is not his Rival would he at least be frenemies.

Also as a second question what do the Magic Kaito Specials and the Magic Kaito 1412 TV Series have to do with each other. Because the specials happened in 2010 and the TV series happened in 2014. :smallbiggrin:

mame
2016-02-22, 02:13 PM
Ok Thx for all the info. I really enjoy him and since I watched episode 219 and he mentioned star wars 9 I just like him even more and since I am watching Detective Conan all in order the next times I will see his character will be in episode 356 and movie 8, I will need more fill of his character. So Thx for the list. If Shinichi/Conan/Jimmy is not his Rival would he at least be frenemies.

Also as a second question what do the Magic Kaito Specials and the Magic Kaito 1412 TV Series have to do with each other. Because the specials happened in 2010 and the TV series happened in 2014. :smallbiggrin:

Detective Conan never watched. Do you recommend? I have to start right away :)