PDA

View Full Version : Colony : V meets XCOM2

Cikomyr
2016-02-14, 09:55 AM
Not sure if there was a thread about it.

But i recorded the series, and i am halfway through the pilot. Its very solid stuff so far. They are pushing all concepts well. Characterisarion seems to be doing damn well so far.

Powerful story about living in an alien-backed Fascist state.

Anyone else saw it?

Dragonus45
2016-02-14, 02:24 PM
My brother has been watching it and he loves it. I have been meaning to watch it but Xcom2 happened so that's eaten my life.

An Enemy Spy
2016-02-14, 02:36 PM
Not sure if there was a thread about it.

But i recorded the series, and i am halfway through the pilot. Its very solid stuff so far. They are pushing all concepts well. Characterisarion seems to be doing damn well so far.

Powerful story about living in an alien-backed Fascist state.

Anyone else saw it?

Is this show on Netflix? Never heard of it but you make it sound good.

Cikomyr
2016-02-14, 02:55 PM
Is this show on Netflix? Never heard of it but you make it sound good.

No, its on USA Network.. And Bravo(?)

Err.. Cant remember the channel in canada. Funny, i didnt even looked up the channel it was on. I just recorded it..

Cikomyr
2016-02-15, 08:17 AM
Probably what i liked best is that the Proxy regime is plastered to tge wall with Nazi/fascist imagery. The local Supreme Leader is a snaky *******. The soldiers/police are needlessly brutal and violent. Everything we learn about the Colonial Transitory Authority points to it being corrupt and abusive.

And yet, there is sufficient grey thrown into the mix regarding the Resistance's methods and the overwhelming power of the Hosts (aliens) that.. You keep wondering if the best course of action might not be collaborating.

Some of the CTA you meet are genuine good people who try to make the best of a bad situation. Or have legit beef against the Resistance.

Cikomyr
2016-02-28, 02:02 PM
The recent episode "Yonk" was a blast.

Its nice that they managed to scrape the oil off the CTA director, to make him way more human than what initially met the eye.

Hes just a poor bureaucrat who has been drafted into a position where he knows he will be killed if he doesnt perform as expected.

His oily demeanor is just him trying to keep a good front about it. And try to stay alive.

Poor guy doesnt have any choice in the whole matter

Edit: Jesus. Snyder's talking about his meeting with Them..

He almost sounds if he had a religious experience.

Dragonus45
2016-02-29, 12:34 AM
The recent episode "Yonk" was a blast.

Its nice that they managed to scrape the oil off the CTA director, to make him way more human than what initially met the eye.

Hes just a poor bureaucrat who has been drafted into a position where he knows he will be killed if he doesnt perform as expected.

His oily demeanor is just him trying to keep a good front about it. And try to stay alive.

Poor guy doesnt have any choice in the whole matter

Edit: Jesus. Snyder's talking about his meeting with Them..

He almost sounds if he had a religious experience.

In general I think the CTA direction is a great example of what I like about the series. The reality is that they may well be dooming themselves battling with THEM and it could be that playing along and accepting whats wrong could well be the only way that humanity could survive.