PDA

View Full Version : The Irregular Webcomic

pumpkinetics
2005-01-04, 04:15 AM
One of the first webcomics I read, check it out:

Irregular Webcomic! (http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/)

A Roleplaying based, Star-wars based, Indiana Jones based, pretty-much-everything based webcomic, with lego.

Once again, check it out

Meagen
2005-01-04, 07:21 AM
I love that one. Mind the puns, though (the "Fantasy" themed ones have a series of devastating "hobbit" puns).

archon_huskie
2005-01-04, 01:15 PM
only once every hundred strips.

pumpkinetics
2005-01-04, 05:59 PM
Nyes.. The devastating hobbit puns.

Oh, if anyone sees a giant white hairy ape... I donated it.

Muisje
2005-01-06, 05:57 AM
I saw the ape.

Man, this comic is funny. I had hours of fun with that one.

Freeman333
2005-01-06, 03:35 PM
I feel the pain of the gamemaster whose players refuse to follow the adventure thread, and instead insist on going off on utterly tangential and useless romps.

My gaming group (back when I played instead of DMing) once got started on an adventure that began when a dwarf asked us to assist in freeing the dwarven lord's keep, which had been invaded. We wanted to check out the story to make sure it was true, so we went to the local dwarven mines. However, the local dwarves hadn't heard anything about it yet, and as soon as we said the words "dwarven lord's keep invaded" the entire population of the mines armed up and marched out.

So, does the party follow? Noooo....they decide to raid the dwarven mines since nobody is there to defend them. The poor DM had to quickly design an interior for the mines, and put appropriate guardians in place (including a spectre, which was way more powerful than our 2nd and 3rd level characters could take on).

Ironically, my character, who was the only voice of moral and reason in the party, had been laid up after being poisoned by a couple of giant centipedes, and so wasn't there to talk them out of this idea. Once he found out, he was pretty upset--but while my character wasn't there, I had to sit and listen to these other players utterly sidetrack our adventure, and watch the DM squirm as he tried desperately to defuse their plot to rob the dwarves blind...

(Just an unrelated anecdote, but from what I've read I think the author of Irregular Webcomic would appreciate it.)

pumpkinetics
2005-01-06, 05:59 PM
I think he will... I'll see if I can inform him of this site and thread.

Arian
2005-01-08, 09:04 PM
Aww, now I'm going to have to read through the whole archive! Well, at least the new comics load faster than OotS does. :-)

And I see that the author studies or works (or both?) in the Physics dept at Sydney Uni. Yay Aussie! ;-)

DrDoom
2005-01-09, 08:48 AM
Its one of my favourites, too. I love the ones about the physical impossibilities of Star Wars (oh, and the one about Alderaan and the new DVD-release gave me pains in the side from laughing). Itas really a graet Comic with great humor....

Iazmynh
2005-01-10, 12:29 AM
of course, i had to read the entire archive in a matter of 3 days. 720 strips! oye! but hoo-ey do my sides ache from cracking up.

i even donated a bit of fan art with "How die Furher deals with a head cold... uh, brain cold." I was surprised that he hadn't punned that phrase yet.

Lilly
2005-01-10, 02:19 AM
Yay! more IWC fans! I think I've been reading it for like a year-ish, but I've read through the archives. I absolutley love the annotations on some of them.

DrDoom
2005-01-10, 08:14 AM
Oh god, have you read the newest Comic? Pure and absolute genius. Really. All of you should read it!!!

Oh. And turn on the annotations.

Circon
2005-01-10, 03:10 PM
GODWIN! My sides!!!

I went at read the first 500 in an hour some time ago when I had too much free time. The funniest?

You know that you have absolutely, and I mean absolutely no life, when you understand THIS (http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cgi-bin/comic.pl?comic=470) at the age of 16. And I mean that. It's high school mathematics that I should never have learnt.

Iazmynh
2005-01-10, 11:51 PM
gotta read it with the annotations. it's usually always funnier that way.

Arian
2005-01-11, 03:11 AM
GODWIN! My sides!!!

Yep, that's an especially good one. :-)

pumpkinetics
2005-01-19, 08:18 PM
It's scary how well people take to this comic. JUust imagine all the new readers he realises he's getting.

Caelestion
2006-09-05, 04:58 PM
I love IWC! I've been reading it for a couple of years now, though I'm geeky enough to even understand some of his physics jokes!

Lilly
2006-09-08, 02:27 PM
If y'all haven't noticed, I hate puns. I despise them. I truly do want to shoot anyone who makes them.

And yet I love this thing. It's so funny.