PDA

View Full Version : Want to build a whole new system... (Guaging Interest)

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-06-16, 11:05 PM
I'm planning to build a whole new RPG. The main concept:

The concept I'm going for is a slightly futuristic world. Combat is done with war machines varing from motorcycles to spiderwalkers to BEMUs(Biological Energized Mechanical Unit: basically, a super suit.)

Magic exists in some form or another, and technical prowess takes the place of the "Divine Spellcaster" position. Also, the system is meant to be customize-heavy, so we'll need playtesters for sure.

I don't have the whole system figured out yet, and I'm going to need help to create it. So, everyone and anyone willing to help will be accepted. This'll probably take the form of a free download-able PDF book. I will create a forum when I get enough interest.

So who wants in???

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-06-16, 11:18 PM
Count the Djinn in. The Djinn also has some interesting (and possibly workable) systems for hp and skills in mind, although he's not sure they're the way you want to go.

But he's in. Definitely.

-The Djinn

DraPrime
2007-06-16, 11:20 PM
Sounds interesting. It looks like the dragon will bring in his prime. (whatever that means...)

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-06-16, 11:27 PM
Fantastic! Now if we can get VT or Fax on board... on second thought, they could probably do the whole thing. With one hand. While stating out monsters with the other.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-06-16, 11:31 PM
Please...give them SOME credit.

They both stat out monsters with their FEET. :smallbiggrin:

-The Djinn

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-06-16, 11:47 PM
If their teeth drop out I'm sure they would land on a keyboard and make some fluffy, yet deadly beast.

Logic
2007-06-16, 11:54 PM
If you want any help with starship combat, I want to be part of it.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-06-17, 12:06 AM
Okay... I wasn't really planning on startships... but flying machines definetly exist. So you could help with that.

BTW, who is Hexa_Regina?

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-06-17, 02:14 AM
The forum has been created!

http://ridersproject.16.forumer.com/index.php

I would like it if everyone put a link to our project plus something like "Edge Riders: Building an RPG system one BEMU at a time." in their sig. We obviously need more people working on this.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-06-17, 12:16 PM
*bumpity!*

Logic
2007-06-17, 07:44 PM
Okay... I wasn't really planning on startships... but flying machines definetly exist. So you could help with that.

BTW, who is Hexa_Regina?

Hexa_Regina was a member of The US Navy, and a member of these Forums. She was killed in Iraq in April.

MeklorIlavator
2007-06-17, 07:56 PM
I would love to help(I not that good, just so you know), but if someone tells me something that needs work, I could help.