PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 6000 Gold to Kit out a Death knight (3.5/pathfinder variant rules)

Lorifyx
2016-02-14, 11:15 PM
In my current campaign I am playing a Neutral Evil Cleric to a god of death, destruction, art (movement), and Chaos. Of course there simply was no option but to become a necromancer. However I have come to my first issue, and a pleasant issue at that, I have just reanimated my first death knight, a level six fighter named Steve. I am going to below list what I currently have for him and some things my character has, and I am looking for advice for any things I can buy to give to my death knight.

Steve stats
24 strength
18 dex
na con
13 int
16 wis
16 cha
83 hp
Size- Large
skill points in listen search spot and swim

his ac is currently 24,with a chain shirt, and an iron shield.

Currently his only weapon is the bloodeater longsword, a dm homebrew weapon which functions as a normal +1 longsword, however before he rolls to attack you can have it deal 1 hp to himself to give an additional +1 to hit, or 2 to himself for an additional one damage on hit.

His Feats are currently power attack, dodge, cleave, improved crit longsword, power crit longsword (2x)

I believe that with two power crits on longsword he has +8 to a crit range of 2 meaning his crit range is ten, then with improved crit his crit range is full 1-20, please correct me if I wrong here.

So again this thread is mostly for any magical items I should buy for him to use either in or out of combat, I made him to be a meat shield for me while I cast spells, but then again I currently have just under 200 hp (our dm let us use a deck of many things early on and I got a bunch of wishes and stat bonuses because i decided to draw 6 cards, and ended up with a con of like 26 at level two)

Denomar
2016-02-15, 12:02 AM
Well, sorry to say, you are wrong about the critical stuff.

Power Critical gives you +4 to CONFIRM a critical hit, if your first attack roll is a 20 (or whatever your threat range is) you then roll again, this is the confirmation roll that power critical applies too. If that attack hits your opponent you crit! Then they feel the pain, woo

Currently that means you Threaten a critical hit when you roll a 17-20 with your initial attack roll, and a further +8 to confirm the following roll.

As for the rest...I dunno, cloak of saves!

Lorifyx
2016-02-15, 09:04 AM
Well, sorry to say, you are wrong about the critical stuff.

Power Critical gives you +4 to CONFIRM a critical hit, if your first attack roll is a 20 (or whatever your threat range is) you then roll again, this is the confirmation roll that power critical applies too. If that attack hits your opponent you crit! Then they feel the pain, woo

Currently that means you Threaten a critical hit when you roll a 17-20 with your initial attack roll, and a further +8 to confirm the following roll.

As for the rest...I dunno, cloak of saves!

Thank you for the clarification on the cirts