PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Ghost rules questions 3.5

EdRed
2016-02-15, 10:34 PM
So, i was thinking about creating a character using the Ghost Savage Progression class from Wotc's website. I have some questions regarding the rules of my creation.

1. The base race is human and i would take human heritage in order to negate the ghosts weaknesses to Turn Undead and similiar things - am i correct that i would still retain my incorporealness and my other ghostly benefits?

2. Can a ghost get new equipment? I was under the impression that i'm only able to use ghosttouch items - i was wondering if Ghostly Grasp might solve this problem?

3. If i take Ghostly Grasp, do the items i pick up become incorporeal as well? What happens if i stop manifesting myself?

Werephilosopher
2016-02-15, 11:55 PM
So, i was thinking about creating a character using the Ghost Savage Progression class from Wotc's website. I have some questions regarding the rules of my creation.

1. The base race is human and i would take human heritage in order to negate the ghosts weaknesses to Turn Undead and similiar things - am i correct that i would still retain my incorporealness and my other ghostly benefits?

Yes. They are not the product of being Undead, you'll keep them.

2. Can a ghost get new equipment? I was under the impression that i'm only able to use ghosttouch items - i was wondering if Ghostly Grasp might solve this problem?

Yep, that's what the feat is for.

3. If i take Ghostly Grasp, do the items i pick up become incorporeal as well? What happens if i stop manifesting myself?

Anything you wield as an incorporeal creature becomes incorporeal itself. I'd assume you would keep the items if you stopped manifesting.

DrMotives
2016-02-16, 12:28 AM
Per RAW, a human ghost can't take Human Heritage. You'd need a base race of something else, like a half-elf ghost, or a tiefling ghost. Also, as a 1st level only feat, you'd be taking it before you became a ghost, so it still wouldn't bring you back as an incorporeal living being.