PDA

View Full Version : Working on an Int/Cha Eladrin Warlord/Warlock hybrid, need some help with feats

sage20500
2016-02-16, 03:45 AM
So i had an idea to essentially make a legionary type character after looking at how sorcerer king pact warlocks worked and thought it would pair well with warlord specifically because of some of the lazy lord powers that exist, in essence by the time the character hits epic any attack that is not an at will will allow him to make either a mba (Eldritch Strike) while telling other people the hit the damn thing he's aiming at, or its a Sorcerer King Warlock power that allows him to smack something, and then tell 1 or 2 other people to bloody hit the damn thing with a super nice bonus to damage.

Feat wise at the moment right now since I'm going to be using eldritch strike a lot, I was wondering if there were any good feats that exist to support it? I've already picked up the White Lotus line, and i'm getting all the feats that up my curse damage dice as well. Equipment wise, I'm currently running with a staff of ruin and rod of corruption-eventually rod of ulban since I do an extra 1d6 psychic damage when ever I roll curse dice, and I have staff expertise.

Tegu8788
2016-02-16, 08:37 AM
Can you post what you've got so far? I've built one up to lvl 5 as a thought experiment, but we could ramp it up higher. I do remember I could have Int provide solid AC, especially when combined with Shadow Walk. If you have 2 feats, MC Executioner and and you can snag shadow walk that way, letting you hybrid talent a warlord feature.

masteraleph
2016-02-16, 09:06 AM
If you're thinking about going more leader-y at all, one of the classic superleader builds (along with the |Switch builds) is Behind Her Blue Flame (https://web.archive.org/web/20150929105800/http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3362741), which is a Warlock|Warlord/Invoker build..

darkbard
2016-02-16, 10:13 AM
I'm currently running with a staff of ruin and rod of corruption-eventually rod of ulban

ETV on this one. Unless you have an item swap familiar or Battle Harness armor, you'll need to use the staff two-handed for Eldritch Strike or an OA, which means you can't "wield" a rod in your off hand to use its property. Or at least many tables will so rule it.

sage20500
2016-02-16, 03:15 PM
ETV on this one. Unless you have an item swap familiar or Battle Harness armor, you'll need to use the staff two-handed for Eldritch Strike or an OA, which means you can't "wield" a rod in your off hand to use its property. Or at least many tables will so rule it.

We allow it at our table mainly because the character builder tool lets it work, aside from that most of our dm's don't really have an issue with it so long as your able to get both the ability to use a staff as an implement legally, and you have the weapon proficiency for it as well.

sage20500
2016-02-16, 03:24 PM
Can you post what you've got so far? I've built one up to lvl 5 as a thought experiment, but we could ramp it up higher. I do remember I could have Int provide solid AC, especially when combined with Shadow Walk. If you have 2 feats, MC Executioner and and you can snag shadow walk that way, letting you hybrid talent a warlord feature.

This is what I'm currently using, the dm is allowing us to grab both improved defenses and an expertise feat as a freebie feat, as well as he's giving me Arcana and Streetwise focus as a freebie feat because of the backstory for my character. This is my current build projection, the campaign won't be starting for awhile so I have a little bit of time to figure out everything else I'll be doing.

Party Comp at the moment is a Genasi Str/Int Hybrid Assault Swordmage/Barbarian, a Half Orc Str/Dex Eternal Tide Monk, and a Tiefling Bard that is doing the Sucubus Build.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Garrus Marcus Magus, level 30
Sun Elf (Eladrin), Warlord/Warlock, Praetor Legate, Warmaster
Warlord Leadership Option: Combat Leader (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlord Option: Hybrid Warlord Fortitude
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid) Option: Sorcerer-King Pact (Hybrid)
Eldritch Strike Option: Eldritch Strike Charisma
Hybrid Warlock Option: Hybrid Warlock Will
Hybrid Talent Option: Commanding Presence (Hybrid)
Commanding Presence (Hybrid) Option: Resourceful Presence (Hybrid)
Twofold Pact Option: Sorcerer-King Pact
Spellscarred
Touched by an Angel (+2 to Arcana)
Theme: Iliyanbruen Guardian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 15, DEX 13, INT 26, WIS 10, CHA 26

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 13, DEX 11, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 16

AC: 43 Fort: 43 Ref: 42 Will: 47
HP: 172 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 43

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +35, Bluff +34, Religion +28, Streetwise +31

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Athletics +16, Diplomacy +23, Dungeoneering +15, Endurance +17, Heal +15, History +27, Insight +15, Intimidate +29, Nature +17, Perception +15, Stealth +16, Thievery +16

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Warlord Attack 1: Direct the Strike
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Vengeance is Mine
Warlock Attack 1: Hand of Blight
Warlord Utility 2: Adaptive Stratagem
Warlock Utility 6: Fate's Frayed Thread
Warlock Utility 10: King's Step
Praetor Legate Attack 11: Obsidian Javelin
Praetor Legate Utility 12: Dustwalk
Warlord Attack 15: War Master's Assault
Eladrin Utility 16: Spiral Dance Assault
Praetor Legate Attack 20: Dictator's Judgment
Warlord Utility 22: Rush of Battle
Warlock Attack 23: Command of Execution
Warlock Attack 25: Word of the Sorcerer-King
Warmaster Utility 26: Spring the Trap (epic)
Warlock Attack 27: Price of Defiance
Warlock Attack 29: Arrangement of Disorder

FEATS
Level 1: Staff Expertise
Level 1: Improved Defenses (Freebie Feat)
Level 1: Hybrid Talent (Freebie Feat)
Level 2: White Lotus Riposte
Level 4: Mindbite Scorn
Level 6: Killing Curse
Level 8: Skill Focus (Arcana)
Level 8: Skill Focus (Streetwise)
Level 10: Superior Will
Level 11: Twofold Pact
Level 11: Combat Commander (Retrained Feat from Level 8's Improved Initiative)
Level 12: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 14: Fey Tactics
Level 16: Feywild Flanker
Level 18: Bloodied Boon
Level 20: Fight On
Level 21: Cursed Spells
Level 22: Martial Mastery
Level 24: Call to Glory
Level 26: Warding Curse
Level 28: Epic Fortitude
Level 30: Twofold Curse

ITEMS
Staff of Ruin +6 x1
Rod of Ulban +5 x1
Drake Leather Armor of Dark Majesty +6 x1
Zephyr Boots x1
Hands of Hadar x1
Eye of Awareness x1
Cloak of Translocation +6 x1
Ring of Tenacious Will x1
Eladrin Ring of Passage x1
Belt of the Witch King x1
Siberys Shard of the Mage (epic tier)
Backlash Tattoo x1
Phylactery of Action x1
====== End ======

MwaO
2016-02-16, 07:54 PM
Not sure about all the details, but note if you MC into Bard, you can then take Bardic Knowledge, which gives you a +2 feat bonus to Arcana, Streetwise, Religion, 3 other skills, and you get another skill, too.