PDA

View Full Version : VG Cats

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-05-05, 06:08 PM
This thread is for the discussion of the awesome and hilarious VG Cats webcomic. Love it? Hate it? Never heard of it? Fantasize about it at night? This thread is for you!

So... let's start talking...

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-05, 06:09 PM
I swear seeing a thread like this awhile ago, but perhaps it was my imagination...

Anyways, VGCats FTW! One of the only 4 comics I check regularly.

2006-05-05, 06:54 PM
Yeah, VG Cats rocks. It pissed me off when it bashed Inuyasha a few strips ago. That's forgivable, however after their parody of the PSP commercials. That was just funny cuz it was so damn true.

Flabbicus
2006-05-05, 07:47 PM
too bad the hobo is gone...

"Shteve get off tah line!"

Old_el_Paso
2006-05-05, 09:14 PM
It didn't bash Inuyasha, it bashed the people who keep sending requests for Inuyasha.

Dispozition
2006-05-05, 09:27 PM
What the heck is the VG Cats webcomic...someone plz inform me.

TinSoldier
2006-05-05, 09:30 PM
What the heck is the VG Cats webcomic...someone plz inform me.You must not have Google installed on your computer. Go install it now ;D!

ElfLad
2006-05-05, 09:35 PM
VGCats is quite possibly the funniest furry strip. Too bad it updates so little.

2006-05-05, 09:45 PM
What the heck is the VG Cats webcomic...someone plz inform me.

Okay here's the link. Read. Laugh. Get me a sandwich.

http://www.vgcats.com

2006-05-05, 09:47 PM
Go get a face full of Alien wing-wong! Lol. Me and my bud Omniperv used to say that to each other at the bus stop. The reason you don't know who Omniperv is, is because his post count is 1. Yeah.

Casualgamer
2006-05-05, 09:58 PM
Yeah, VG Cats rocks. It pissed me off when it bashed Inuyasha a few strips ago. That's forgivable, however after their parody of the PSP commercials. That was just funny cuz it was so damn true.

Lolz, Scott DID bash Inuyasha. Hence, F*CK INUYASHA! And the various smacking around of poor plot and etc.

I don't have a problem with that though, I thought that was great. It really is DBZ for girls.

Dispozition
2006-05-05, 10:24 PM
You must not have Google installed on your computer. Go install it now ;D!

As a matter of fact, I don't (JK,JK)...But good point.

Gosh darn slow dail-up...waiting for comic to load...But thanx for the link, Emperor Valda Zolrane.

HabbakukUnknown
2006-05-05, 10:30 PM
vgcats...the answer to life problems, but in furry cats, sick jokes and hobos. What can we not learn from you?

TinSoldier
2006-05-05, 10:41 PM
Gosh darn slow dail-up...waiting for comic to load...But thanx for the link, Emperor Valda Zolrane.I pay a lot for cable internet. I'll never go back to dialup.

I'd rather go to the library.

Dispozition
2006-05-05, 11:08 PM
Can't stop laughing now the comics are loading, must have been the 8 windows i had open...

2006-05-05, 11:08 PM
Lolz, Scott DID bash Inuyasha. Hence, F*CK INUYASHA! And the various smacking around of poor plot and etc.

I don't have a problem with that though, I thought that was great. It really is DBZ for girls.

BLASPHEMY! I hate it when people compare every action anime with energy attacks to DBZ. Granted, I loved DBZ all the way through (GT was subpar), but it just bugs me that people judge and anime based on how similiar to DBZ it is. On that note, Naruto sucks.

2006-05-05, 11:12 PM
Scott seems to be focusing on Kingdom Hearts II as of late. Aeris as Axel. Gold. Pure Gold. He even managed to work a KHII joke into a Wii-bashing strip. That's refreshing seeing as every gaming comic writer and their uncle has made fun of the Wii by this point.

Casualgamer
2006-05-06, 04:03 PM
BLASPHEMY! I hate it when people compare every action anime with energy attacks to DBZ. Granted, I loved DBZ all the way through (GT was subpar), but it just bugs me that people judge and anime based on how similiar to DBZ it is. On that note, Naruto sucks.

Hee hee hee... He wasn't knocking energy attacks, energy attacks are cool. He was knocking the idiotic fanboy/girlism shown by the fanbases of both. Oh yeah, and DBZ sucks.

Nice double post....

Old_el_Paso
2006-05-06, 05:15 PM
VGCats is quite possibly the funniest furry strip. Too bad it updates so little.
>:( VG Cats has nothing to do with people dressing up like animals and having strange, fetish sex with each other!!! NOT..... AT....... ALLLLLL!!!

Casualgamer
2006-05-06, 05:17 PM
>:( VG Cats has nothing to do with people dressing up like animals and having strange, fetish sex with each other!!! NOT..... AT....... ALLLLLL!!!

Wuh..WHA? I don't think that was being talked about at all....

Weird... get your mind out of the gutter! ;)

6079smithw
2006-05-06, 05:23 PM
Furry is a creepy (although, it is, to be fair, more or less harmless) fetish for dressing up like an animal and behaving (as far as I can tell) oddly that rose to prevalence with the internet. It's a pretty strong association with the word 'furry' at this point, and if you didn't know about it, I suggest you avoid looking into 'BBW', 'Vore', 'Golden Shower', and probably a God-awful number of other things I didn't have to know about before google.

Casualgamer
2006-05-06, 05:27 PM
I know what furry implies, thank you very much. I don't think that was what he meant though.

To add to the list, St. Louis steamer..... :o

Mike
2006-05-06, 05:35 PM
It's not that funny. Almost every joke hinges on someone being stupid/evil or a situation being outrageous. Infact, a good lot of the comics are simply "HURR HURR I AM STUPID" and the reaction of another character drawn out for eight or so panels.

I check it anyways, but that's probably because I have nothing else to do.

Crazy Owl
2006-05-06, 05:59 PM
It's not that funny. Almost every joke hinges on someone being stupid/evil or a situation being outrageous. Infact, a good lot of the comics are simply "HURR HURR I AM STUPID" and the reaction of another character drawn out for eight or so panels.

I check it anyways, but that's probably because I have nothing else to do.

Im not sure if you should be shot or hung for that comment, better plan, set Krug on you! Speaking of Krug, havent seen him in ages.

Casualgamer
2006-05-06, 06:29 PM
Why not go with all of them? Hell, I'll flayed, roasted, and deboned to the list!

Just kidding. Your opinion is your own, but if you don't like something, I find it asinine that you continue to read it.

Darius Midnite
2006-05-07, 08:32 AM
Oh god! VG cats are so friggin' awsome!!!11!
I usally drop dead laughing when I read it...

"Why do you say things you know will hurt me?"

Zann
2006-05-07, 08:56 AM
My avatar text is, coincidentally enough, from VG Cats.

Aah. Brilliant.

Jibar
2006-05-07, 09:13 AM
This comic has put pee sack (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=141) into my regular vocabulary,
And I was wondering why Aeris was dressed as Axel,
I haven't played Kingdom hearts 2 yet though, so I'll not really know why until October.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-07, 12:26 PM
Ah, such classic comics, where to begin?

VGCats remains one of my most oft-quoted comics, and its so hard to choose favourites...

Still, I think this (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=50) remains my favourite strip.

I think I quote that more than any other one, and it causes gigglefits even today. ;D

EDIT: Also, on the top of the Inuyasha comic strip, yes Scott did make fun of Inuyasha, deny it all you like. However, I personally believe the only reason he did it was to piss off all the fangirls who kept emailing him going "OMG INUYASHA COMIC PLZZZ" as hinted at *cough* in the first two panels. ;)

Mind you, I enjoyed Inuyasha for the short time that I watched it (though I could see it wasn't going to be one of my favourites, it wasn't a waste of time), and I loved that strip. It's added the term *MONOCLE* to my online vocabulary. ;D

Mike
2006-05-07, 05:27 PM
Im not sure if you should be shot or hung for that comment, better plan, set Krug on you! Speaking of Krug, havent seen him in ages.
Allow me to prove my point. Here is a list of the suggested first comics (http://www.vgcats.com/first/) and my thoughts on each of them.

#78 (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=72)*
Aeris inbreeds chocobos, which produces defects. Also, chocobos have sex. Hilarity.
#89 (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=83)
The joke here is that Leo is stupid. Perhaps I'll need to play Prince of Persia to grasp the humor.
#63 (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=57)
Again, Leo is stupid. He is violent in this one, as well. This is, apparently, humorous.
#58 (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=52)
Leo is stupid, and, as a result, gets killed by chickens. (or Cuccoos, for the Zelda-ly correct) How creative.
#53 (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=48)
Humping corpses! I can't stop laughing.
#87 (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=81)
In this case, it's two stupid people. I consider this one more clever than the others, but it's still not great.
#24 (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=21)
Violence is hilarious, don't you think so? I suppose it's fitting for the game it depicts, though.
#114 (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=108)
I'll give this one some credit for being somewhat creative, but it's still not funny.

Every one of these is an example of how repetitive it is.
Ha ha, he is stupid.
Ho ho, what an outrageous situation.
Hee hee, stupid people in an outrageous situation.
Rinse and repeat.

Webcomics based primarily on humor should at least keep their humor fresh, not re-use the same few jokes over and over in different contexts. VGCats has its moments, yes, but, as a whole, it's not very funny to me.
I suppose you find it amusing, though, so my argument is useless.

*I'm going by the number on the comics, not the number in the links.

Just kidding. Your opinion is your own, but if you don't like something, I find it asinine that you continue to read it.
The art style Scott uses appeals to me. Also, as mentioned above, I have nothing better to do.

Gri
2006-05-07, 06:21 PM
I agree with mike - Vgcats is pretty ****ing primitiv.

Casualgamer
2006-05-07, 11:36 PM
The art style Scott uses appeals to me. Also, as mentioned above, I have nothing better to do.

If you want art, read Alpha Shade. Having nothing to do is asinine. Staring at a WALL is better than reading something you happen to abhor.

Crazy Owl
2006-05-08, 03:04 AM
Alright, Mike as it was a bit stupid and anoying of me say to set Krug on you but what else do you suggest they do, sit around talking about games and make witty comments every so often? Your saying that they just do stupid things again and again, but (sorry to have use this but cant think of anything else right now) most of any Belkar joke is just how crazy and unstable he is.

Darius Midnite
2006-05-08, 03:05 AM
Best...Strip...Ever! (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=74) ;D

Mike
2006-05-08, 12:14 PM
Alright, Mike as it was a bit stupid and anoying of me say to set Krug on you but what else do you suggest they do, sit around talking about games and make witty comments every so often?
There are many things that could be done. A good writer can make anything interesting and funny with some effort. Scott could make the dialogue more interesting, (oh noez) stop basing so many jokes on the stupidity of a character, or perhaps (oh noez) add some characters that aren't there only to be funny. He won't do this, though. All of his fans love the stupid jokes, and getting rid of them would be the webcomic-makers' equivalent of committing harikari.

Your saying that they just do stupid things again and again, but (sorry to have use this but cant think of anything else right now) most of any Belkar joke is just how crazy and unstable he is.
I know this, and it irritates me greatly whenever Elan or Belkar will appear at the end of the comic and say something stupid/crazy, that being the punchline. Thankfully, Rich doesn't do this all that often.

If you want art, read Alpha Shade.
I like Scott's art style. Alpha Shade uses a different style, one that appeals to me less than Scott's does.

Having nothing to do is asinine. Staring at a WALL is better than reading something you happen to abhor.
I happen to lead an asinine life.

Jibar
2006-05-08, 12:23 PM
Note to self; look up asinine.
Though, if you look at most comedy around the one, it's mostly split into intellectually funny, or stupid funny. most of it being stupid funny.
There's a lot of stupid funny in the world. And the only reason for that can be because it works.

felblood
2006-05-08, 03:02 PM
VG Cats is what I call a par comic.

It's funny, It's fairly well drawn, and the author knows his audience and relates with them, but it isn't ever going to be one of my favorites.

Really, I'm afraid that VGC has jumped the shark like the discount bin animes, that he's been taking flak for mocking. If his fans will keep coming back even if his quality lapses and he doesn't update for a week, what incentive does the author have to produce good scripts?

It was good, but then it wasn't as good. It is now merely okay.

His best strips will always be the ones drawn from actual gaiming experience.

Take the Zelda strip linked above and the chocobo breeding project. Everyone who's had that happen to them get's it, and it's funny.

"I'm not made of inn coupons!"

Crazy Owl
2006-05-08, 03:58 PM
With stupid funny you can laugh even if you dont know what its talking about. For example i have never played FF7 but I still find all the FF7 jokes VG Cats has hilarious, I had never played any of the metal gears when i read any of them and i still laughed my head off. Once i asked my mate to show me the level where you fight fury i found it even more funny.

2006-05-08, 06:15 PM
[quote author=Lord Jibar link=board=comics;num=1146866891;start=15#27 date=05/07/06 at 09:13:14]I was wondering why Aeris was dressed as Axel,
quote]

Two reasons.

One: He already cast Leo as Sora.

Two: The "Got it memorized?" thing is something Axel says a couple times in KH2. I found the line a bit cheesey, but hey, that gives Scott some new material.

2006-05-08, 06:20 PM
Hee hee hee... He wasn't knocking energy attacks, energy attacks are cool. He was knocking the idiotic fanboy/girlism shown by the fanbases of both. Oh yeah, and DBZ sucks.

Nice double post....

I think my emotional attachment to DBZ pretty much stems from the fact that it's the closest thing my dad and I ever have to father/son bonding. Like, when he drove me to school we used to talk about the new DBZ from the previous night. Weird? Probably. Then again, I'm weird. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a video-game addicted, braces-wearing, fantasy novel writing, fanfiction-authoring nerd. Then again, I'm most likely among friends right now. :P

2006-05-08, 06:21 PM
I agree with mike - Vgcats is pretty ****ing primitiv.

Yes, but you two are stupid pixies, and nobody cares what you think.

PS

Lol, your F-bomb translated as "wombating" on the post. Good times :D

Casualgamer
2006-05-08, 09:00 PM

Coooolllddd. I'm a barbarian, so I'll ask you to lay off the pixies. It's not nice to play rough with the noobs.

LordOfNarf
2006-05-09, 12:08 AM
This is the best strip ever

Mike
2006-05-09, 11:38 AM
I love forums where the validity of your opinion is directly proportionate to your post count. Perhaps if I, like you, would double and triple post more often, I would be considered as capable of coherent thought.

Jibar
2006-05-09, 11:42 AM
It was a joke.
Round here post count only really means how famous you are. Us Ogres can be recognised, while the Titans are celebrities.

Casualgamer
2006-05-09, 07:46 PM
Ah.

Dhavaer
2006-05-10, 02:00 AM
I'm a celebrity?

Jibar
2006-05-10, 02:07 AM
Yup.
Titans are the celebrities of the Playground. Only the mods are more well known than you.

2006-05-10, 05:58 PM
Coooolllddd. I'm a barbarian, so I'll ask you to lay off the pixies. It's not nice to play rough with the noobs.

Yes, and I'm an Ogre, so I can make newbie soup.

2006-05-10, 06:02 PM
I love forums where the validity of your opinion is directly proportionate to your post count. Perhaps if I, like you, would double and triple post more often, I would be considered as capable of coherent thought.

Nobody gave a rip what I thought back in February when my post count was less than my age. Start/play some forum games. They rack up the posts nice and quick. Starting the OoTS Heal/Hurt Game, also made my existence on these boards serve some purpose other that to give Titans, Ogres, and Barbarians something to stabbity. Just some friendly advice.

2006-05-10, 06:07 PM
Okay, you gotta love this strip for two reasons.

The first being that it contains the words "Elmo" and "sex" in the same setence, second it involves Tycho from Penny Arcade being mauled by Krug. I love Penny Arade, but for some reason, I get the weirdest pleasure from seeing its characters in pain.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=23

Callos_DeTerran
2006-05-10, 06:32 PM
Round here post count only really means how famous you are. Us Ogres can be recognised, while the Titans are celebrities.

Thats odd. No one seems to recognize me.

On topic though I persanolly find VG Cats to be very funny seeing as how I'm a bigger nerd then Valda. And thats probaly saying something. The entire comic's humor is based off of the stupid or odd things that happen in video games thats just funny.

Ex: The Prince of Persia. The man gets a cut in his sleeve and feels the need to rip his entire sleeve off. And so Scott did a comic on it.

Like the above thread with Link and the cuckoos. Its just funny that the mighty hero of time can be slain by invincble undeterable chickens.

If you want deep and challenging humor then VG Cats probaly isn't for you. If you want humor thats based off of video games and the sometimes meaningless things that happen in them then VGCats is the one for you.

Sayings its "wombatting primitive" is wrong though.

Casualgamer
2006-05-10, 06:44 PM
Yes, and I'm an Ogre, so I can make newbie soup.

I don't see how rank has any relevance to taste in webcomics. Make a point, or don't talk, everyone is equal.

Jothki
2006-05-10, 07:31 PM
Yup.
Titans are the celebrities of the Playground. Only the mods are more well known than you.

I'd love to have that myself, but I'm slightly limited by the fact that I don't actually have much to talk about, and I'm too ethical to spam. In fact, I think that this is my first post that doesn't have a legitimate purpose.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-10, 08:04 PM
Nobody gave a rip what I thought back in February when my post count was less than my age. Start/play some forum games. They rack up the posts nice and quick. Starting the OoTS Heal/Hurt Game, also made my existence on these boards serve some purpose other that to give Titans, Ogres, and Barbarians something to stabbity. Just some friendly advice.

I doubt anybody gives a rip what I say, but that's fair since I'm very new to the forums despite my SMBG-induced post count. ;D

Back on topic: Strip 23 WAS hilarious. ;D

2006-05-10, 10:03 PM
Thats odd. No one seems to recognize me.

On topic though I persanolly find VG Cats to be very funny seeing as how I'm a bigger nerd then Valda. And thats probaly saying something. The entire comic's humor is based off of the stupid or odd things that happen in video games thats just funny.

Ex: The Prince of Persia. The man gets a cut in his sleeve and feels the need to rip his entire sleeve off. And so Scott did a comic on it.

Like the above thread with Link and the cuckoos. Its just funny that the mighty hero of time can be slain by invincble undeterable chickens.

If you want deep and challenging humor then VG Cats probaly isn't for you. If you want humor thats based off of video games and the sometimes meaningless things that happen in them then VGCats is the one for you.

Sayings its "wombatting primitive" is wrong though.

Wow... you just summed up VG Cats in a few paragraphs. On another note... nobody... is more... of a nerd... than me.

Yeah... wombating is really f***ing, after it goes through this site's very weird language filter.

2006-05-10, 10:05 PM
I don't see how rank has any relevance to taste in webcomics. Make a point, or don't talk, everyone is equal.

It doesn't picking on newbies is just fun. It's like the freshman hunts in high school. It happened to you, yet for some reason you can't wait to be on the other end of the 2"4' plank, paddling some unsuspecting freshman.

2006-05-10, 10:07 PM
It was a joke.

Yes, thank you Jibar. Post count does equal celebrity, though. And don't worry. I do know the muffin man. :P

LordOfNarf
2006-05-10, 11:07 PM
Jeez Emporor, do you always double post? That could be considered spamming, especilly here, and there is a handy button to modify your posts so that you don't have to double post.

I personally Love VG cats, since its is a good laugh and no complicated storyline to read through 300= comics to figure out.

And Ogre isn't any better than Pixe or titan or Barbarian or anything, the point of the Rules is to tell us to not make distitnctions based on post counts.

Casualgamer
2006-05-10, 11:29 PM
And Ogre isn't any better than Pixe or titan or Barbarian or anything, the point of the Rules is to tell us to not make distitnctions based on post counts.

Hail Lord Narf! Champion of the little guy!

LostInBrittany
2006-05-11, 06:12 AM
It doesn't picking on newbies is just fun. It's like the freshman hunts in high school. It happened to you, yet for some reason you can't wait to be on the other end of the 2"4' plank, paddling some unsuspecting freshman.

Oh, yeah, I love that logic. If you have been mistreated, the logical reaction is to mistreat others...
::)

I guess that it is a good thing that freshman hunts are illegal over here...

Krytha
2006-05-11, 02:03 PM
Well, it seems fairly obvious why Emperor's post count is larger than average (double post... double post...)

And what are these "freshmen hunts" that you are referring to? At my university, there are no such things, nor would I partake in one if there were. I thought that as people got older, they became more mature?

Jibar
2006-05-11, 02:06 PM
I thought that as people got older, they became more mature?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
Oh man...that's funny...
You're either born with maturity or you're not. It's rare individules who are born with it, and they tend to congregate in places like here or coffee shops.
Those who aren't born with it, well...they're pretty much the same no matter what age.

Krytha
2006-05-11, 03:02 PM
You're either born with maturity or you're not. It's rare individules who are born with it, and they tend to congregate in places like here or coffee shops.
Those who aren't born with it, well...they're pretty much the same no matter what age.

I would have to disagree that maturity is an innate thing. It is a social construct and therefore should be gained through one's environment. If there were 6 people, isolated for years and 5 out of the 6 were "mature" and the 6th was a bumbling, obnoxious child, I think maturity would be forced upon someone unless they wish to be shunned by the group - and humans as gregarious creatures have difficulty coping with this, unless you're a sociopath..

*Ahem* back to the subject. I like VGcats, but occasionally, I find some of the strips unfunny, just gross... or just gross. The rest of the time, its funny in a dumb way that appeals to my inner monkey. Some strips I didnt get at all because I hadnt played the game, but most make fun of common gaming lore so its nice. The later strips outclass the earlier strips by miles and miles, so its nice to see that he is improving in both artistic ability and humouristic delivery.

*HOW I MINE FOR FISH?*

2006-05-11, 03:42 PM
Well, it seems fairly obvious why Emperor's post count is larger than average (double post... double post...)

And what are these "freshmen hunts" that you are referring to? At my university, there are no such things, nor would I partake in one if there were. I thought that as people got older, they became more mature?

Not college, high school. It's pretty much when the seniors hunt down all the freshmen and do horrible things to them. Examples: Beating them with 2"4's, dumping them headfirst in trashcans and feeding them cafeteria food they saved from last year. I double post because I get on and reply to each post that interests me.

Crazy Owl
2006-05-11, 04:20 PM
You could of just used the modify post button by the way.

Justiceface
2006-05-11, 05:31 PM
Not college, high school. It's pretty much when the seniors hunt down all the freshmen and do horrible things to them. Examples: Beating them with 2"4's, dumping them headfirst in trashcans and feeding them cafeteria food they saved from last year. I double post because I get on and reply to each post that interests me.

I've never understood why someone would just let something like that happen to them and not do anything and do the same thing to other people even though they found the experience horrifying. I guess alot of different things factor into how we all react to certain situations but I know that I would have to hit someone in the back of the head with something heavy if they forced old food down my mouth, hit me with things or threw my ass in a garbage can.

Anyways on the subject of VG cats I think its a great strip and always check to see if a new one is up. I dont think its always funny but most of the time I get a luagh out of it.

Oh yeah seriously dude use the modify button.

Tom_Violence
2006-05-11, 07:05 PM
Oh man...that's funny...

Nonsense. How many mature 5 yr olds do you find? :P But seriously, I'd really have a hard believing that there are some people that just are mature and everyone else never can be. Also, I dare say that comment could be seen as a touch elitest. I'm guessing you're also fond of hanging out in coffee shops, hmm? :P

As for the tormenting new people thing - I'll just say that I'm glad I live in a place where people actually try and make friends with the new ones, not inspire hate in them.

On topic though, I personally must say I love VGCats. Its one of the few webcomics I check enough to actually care when its updated. A list that is growing smaller and smaller now that ones like Ctrl-Alt-Del and QC seem to have lost all sembalance of humour. VGCats is one of the few comics with which I've laughed as much at a character's facial expression as anything else.

Athanatos
2006-05-11, 07:26 PM
Maturity does increase with age... or at least the capability for maturity. I sure could be a lot more serious, straight-laced, and straight-thinking guy now than I was five years ago, I just make a conscious decision to still talk about Pokemon and Power Rangers and pretend that I'm an airplane when the fancy strikes me. Unlike the way I did it the first time around, I know realize fully just how immature it is... I just don't care.

Casualgamer
2006-05-11, 07:28 PM
Getting back on topic....

Is Scott at E3 or something? The comic has been stuck on that single panel comic making fun of the Wii forever now.

Jibar
2006-05-12, 12:57 AM
I'm guessing you're also fond of hanging out in coffee shops, hmm? :P

Nope. Can't stand coffee myself. But I'm free to admit I'm elitest.
I speak from my experiences, and from my experiences you're either born with it or you're not. The people around me are proof enough of that.

And yeah, I think he is at E3.
Or it could be that it's finals week.

Dark_Stalion
2006-05-12, 07:12 AM
Oh man...that's funny...

What??? Since when was I mature???

*Rusn arround squeeling like a little girl*

(What is more worrying is that I'm a 6'6" barritone 2nd row Rugby player... at times... when the mood suits me... which is almost never, but I'm still 6'6".)

Crazy Owl
2006-05-12, 10:29 AM
Getting back on topic....

Is Scott at E3 or something? The comic has been stuck on that single panel comic making fun of the Wii forever now.

I think its because he moved recently, if you read down a bit on the news post thats why that comic was so short compared to the usual comic might be why he hasnt had chance to post a new one.

LordOfNarf
2006-05-12, 08:35 PM
I think its because he moved recently, if you read down a bit on the news post thats why that comic was so short compared to the usual comic might be why he hasnt had chance to post a new one.

But he went to E3 too, it say in the news dealie.

As to freshman hunts, that is sick, and anyone who thinks that is a remotely good idea deserves to be removed from society since the obviously are incapable of understanding common courtesy to other human beings regardless of race, religion, orientation, social class, age, earnings, etc.

2006-05-12, 09:18 PM
Okay. Can we nix the freshman hunt talk now. I regret ever opening up that can of worms.

I really think they need to move away from the Wii jokes and get to bashing the system that will actuallly suck: The PS3. The $500 version won't even have a bloody memory card reader!

Old_el_Paso
2006-05-14, 09:05 PM
Nope. Can't stand coffee myself.My friend went to a coffee shop one time and I said, "I thought you don't like coffee." He said, "I don't." I said, "Then why are you going?" and he said, "To talk to people. Coffee shops aren't for coffee, stupid."

Now we should stop talking about coffee here and make a coffee discession thread instead, mkay?

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=banter;action=display;num=1147655246 ;start=0#0)

Go on, talk about VG Cats!

Kontonshin
2006-05-15, 06:12 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=110

This one's probably my favourite. Followed closely by these two:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=156
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=147

"That sky looks like ground!"

Rapida
2006-05-15, 10:39 PM
VGcats is funny in an immature kind of way. That being said I love it. I like the gaming jokes although I don't understand the game they are from some of the time. Anyway just my 2 copper pieces.

Mr._Blinky
2006-05-15, 11:11 PM
This is so unbelievably true. (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=18)

Jacklu
2006-05-16, 12:13 AM
The irony is that I just read that comic less than ten minutes ago. ;D

codemartin
2006-05-16, 07:16 PM
The funny thing about this thread, is that I just read all of VGCats, then I decide to look at this forum to see if there is anything intresting to post in. Boom ;D a VGCats thread, or you physic? ???

Calabolg
2006-05-17, 11:23 PM
The entire comic's humor is based off of the stupid or odd things that happen in video games thats just funny.

Most of VG Cats is hilarious for the above reason. That being said, some of the comics are just sort of sick and unfunny. Silliness and plot holes I can laugh about, but the random murdering and sex jokes (the baby-killing strip and the Snake-viagra strip come to mind) I could do without.

Oh, and I absolutely love the art style.

edit: Lol... is that my first post?

theswarm
2006-05-18, 12:43 AM
I LOVE VG Cats. Although you do really have to have played the game for it to be funny, its still a great strip. My favorites have to be the Team Fortress one (About the three little kitties), the Starcraft one, and the one where they dissect Winnie the Pooh (Soooooo wrong, but sooooo funny).
Hey, I have one of their pictures as my avatar now.

Oh, and yes, it is your first post

Jerthanis
2006-07-31, 02:30 PM
This is the rule of VG Cats:

The Comic will be out several days late, be stomache-wrenchingly disgusting, have no punch line, and be about an unnamed (in the comic or in the newspost) videogame that you've never played or sometimes even heard about...

OR

It will be a mindblowingly hilarious joke which is nothing more than a simple observance of an aspect of a current or classic videogame.

BelkarsDagger
2006-07-31, 04:39 PM
It's funny, but yes some of the strips are... not so good. It saddens me that not all comics can be as safe for work as OotS.

In the Halo one, with the fanboy59, that explains how people act in WoW... its so sad...

I dont like the ones with needless violance (AAAAAH GLAFF IN TEETH!!!), but if it needs violance to be funny, then it's occasionally okay.

"FOWL LANGUAGE!"
"This is my dad, Snake- Dad? Dad?! DAAAAAADDD?"

2006-08-02, 11:56 AM
Thank you threadomancy! ;D

I want the HK-47 for MY teacher!

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-02, 12:12 PM
Me too. ;D

2006-08-02, 02:10 PM
Me too. ;D

Clamp it meatbag!

Flabbicus
2006-08-02, 02:46 PM
He would have made Chemistry so much more enjoyable!

Hadrian_Emrys
2006-08-07, 05:28 AM
He would have made Chemistry so much more enjoyable!

Inquiry: Why not try to do something different for your science project, meatbag?

Suggestion: For example: Instead of using vineagar and baking soda in your volcano, try chlorine and fertilizer.

Optimisitic Theory: Perhaps I'll even use it as an example for my other students.

Dissapointed Statement: Rarely am I presesnted with fresh examples of natural selection at work.

2006-08-12, 08:51 AM
Inquiry: Why not try to do something different for your science project, meatbag?

Suggestion: For example: Instead of using vineagar and baking soda in your volcano, try chlorine and fertilizer.

Optimisitic Theory: Perhaps I'll even use it as an example for my other students.

Dissapointed Statement: Rarely am I presesnted with fresh examples of natural selection at work.

That is perfect. You should send that in to Scott. Seriously.

Skyserpent
2006-08-14, 04:07 AM
I have a feeling most webcomic authors don't like being given suggestions...

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-14, 03:26 PM
Are you candy...?

Anyway, most Webcomic authors don't, but some like to take ideas from their fans provided they give them permission to.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-08-14, 10:22 PM
Scott has also posted fancomics based on his own strips in his news section before, and archives them seperately. Just get an artist to draw up that script, and it could get its own spot on vgcats.com.

My favorite fancomic, that went up along with #166: http://www.vgcats.com/fan/guestcomic/boshvgcatsmgs.jpg

theswarm
2006-08-18, 12:47 AM
;D oh man, so funny and so true
(All of VGcats is)

2006-08-22, 09:49 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/fan/guestcomic/boshvgcatsmgs.jpg

It's too tiny. I can't read it :(.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 09:53 PM
It's too tiny. I can't read it :(.

*blink blink* Click on the picture, then it'll get to actual size.

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 05:54 PM
Vg Cats, the first online comic I ever read...

Before it was popular too!

Story time:

I was looking for video game sprites and I stumbled upon the site, before comic 50, almost 5 years ago.

Then I forgot about it for 2-3 years and rediscovered it through 8-bit Theater.

Mr._Blinky
2006-09-05, 12:15 AM
Look at todays strip.

"Oh, I'm gonna' liberate the sh*t out of you." ;D