PDA

View Full Version : FATE/Align

Ishimi
2016-02-17, 12:52 AM
FUYUKI CITY

It is a Warm, clear Summer night. The sun has finished its sojourn over the horizon only moments ago, the faintest twinges of pink still peeking at the world like a tired child saying one last goodnight to the people of Fuyuki.

Birds sing their last songs for the day, and throughout the town all is peaceful and serene, not a thing is out of the ordinary on this beautiful night.

Not a thing except the letter...

Earlier that day you had found a letter sitting mysteriously in your home in the middle of the space you use to hone your magic craft. It is marked with a softly glowing rune of ancient sorcery. The only intelligible words you can see instruct you to open the letter "As the last wisps of sunlight kiss the sky."

Now is the time to open your letter. Whether you'd been waiting for its arrival with baited breath, or you had found it to be a mystery; you are about to find out what it says.

chibithepony
2016-02-18, 04:34 PM
Rushing in to his home James Hurriedly Drew the curtains closed placing a tentative hand on Charon, his companion. James takes the letter that had been delivered the animal shelter, the symbol resonating with a childhood he wished had never ended. turning to Charon
" Well Buddy i guess Destiny calls

James Tears the letter open...

DrSsitrop
2016-02-18, 05:03 PM
He looked on disbelievingly at the letter, the letter he'd learned about, the message, one he remembered, linked to the War, but...how could it, it couldn't be for him? Could it?

It took some time for him to accept it, or at least, to gather himself and move to see if it was true, stepping forwards and lifting the letter up, he felt it, the letter, the energy, and understood.

He shook like a leaf, trembling, holding back the urge to sob as the great, grim 'truth' he'd accepted crumbled, he didn't cry, he couldn't, that would make him weak.

And he wasn't allowed to be weak.

Then, he realized, he realized what he'd have to do, the shaking stopped, and a fierce look of determination.

"I will not fail...I can't fail..." he said, and put away the letter.

For now, training, and later, later he would open up the key to her freedom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time.

He took the letter opener, and slid it, slicing the sealed message open, his body sore from the training he'd done, having worked several times harder that day now that he'd had such and important reason to get even a little bit stronger.

He opened it, and looked to his destiny, to her chance of freedom, to the battle which he could not lose, no, that he WON'T lose, not with what was at stake.

Fearan
2016-02-19, 12:31 PM
The old "haunted house" in the woods was filled with rushed turmoil. The time between sudden appearance of a letter in his workshop and the moment to open it, Quentin spend hastily packing. The appearance of the letter itself was a horrible breach of etiquette, and given the nature of seals guarding it, it could be easily explained - since when trigger happy cross-waving bastards cared for Magus etiquette. Still, the fact remained - Quentin's workshop was uncovered, his defenses breached - all without his awareness of the situation. He was not sure, why bother with letter, then - but that changed nothing - only logical move was escape as soon as he had the window of opportunity - and that would be immideatly after he'd open the letter - when THEY still believe, he'd play THEIR game.
And so, the time came. Quentin double-checked his field-survival kit - given the warm nights, that would easily allow him to camp in completely random spot of the forest, his backpack with most valuable research notes and components, and after making sure, everything was allright - opened the letter.

SoundOfMadness
2016-02-20, 11:48 PM
Standing on a balcony overlooking the Dekker estate, Mark surveyed the horizon. The hour is nigh. He looked to his family surrounding him, and with a nod from his aging father, he proceeded to open the letter.

CaptainDN
2016-02-21, 08:47 PM
Lounging around the room bored out of her mind like usual, Mitze looks over to find a letter waiting. "Curiosity's a bitch." She stands up and walks over to the letter ripping it open.

Ishimi
2016-02-22, 06:24 PM
When you open the letter you hear a voice clear it's throat, as though preparing to speak.

Your addresses you by name, as you read it you can hear the words of a deep voiced male. He sounds old -late forties, early fifties- he has a kind, yet stern voice.

"Dear James...

... Seikatsu...

...Mark...

...Quentin...

...Mitze...

Do to either your renown, prowess, power, or potential as a mage; you have been formally requested to participate in the upcoming Holy Grail War.

This is a very special opportunity, and should not be taken lightly. The Holy Grail War is a very dangerous tournament which most participating mages do not survive. The prize however, is seen to be worth the risk.

The winner of the Holy Grail War will have their deepest desires seen to fruition.

The victor will have their ultimate wish granted.

Within the envelope containing this message you will find a specific crystal dust compound. If you wish to accept this profound invitation, simply sprinkle the powder onto the surface of your ritual area. The next time you imbue it with magic we will know that you have accepted.

If you have any inquiries feel free to visit the Fuyuki City Church for more details.

SINCERELY; Reverend Isaac"

Looking in the envelope you indeed see a multicolored crystal dust, it emanates pure magic energy.

chibithepony
2016-02-23, 12:10 AM
James Sighs, Putting on the jacket with in his closet with the deepest hood, staring down the road, charon on by his side James heads to the small grove near his home. kneeling by the eldest tree James , charon laying patiently beside him, places down the powder, calling upon the old ways a small ribbon of light and a small cacophony of animal noises fills james' ears , and visions of the great spirits surround him. a thread of the light connecting Charon to james, and many strings connecting all living things within the grove.

James waits patiently for what comes next.

CaptainDN
2016-02-23, 02:00 PM
Turning to her Maned Wolf, Mitze loudly exclaimed, "Hey Purly, I think we could get a real sweet deal out of this! Hmm.. what would you want? I already know what I want..." Mitze bends down and whispers into her companions ear. "Great idea, I know, Now whadd'ya say Purly, wanna go win a war?" Purly stands up and pants loudly. "That's right girl!" Mitze gets up and walks over to the table, and with one sweeping motion flings paper and pens flying off in all directions. She pours the powder onto the engraved symbols, chanting in german as the runes begins to give off a faint teal glow. "Here we go..."

Fearan
2016-02-23, 04:06 PM
Yeah, right, Grail war. Without any tention in the leylines, long before the time comes, yeah, suuure - Quentin snarked to himself. Still, given, that Church allready breached his workshop, the ritual area became compromised anyway, so it's not he was losing anything in playing along - he was going to evacuate anyway. So he decided to play along for now and threw the dust over a magecraft circle. 3...2..1.. spark of prana activated the dormant magic in the dust.

DrSsitrop
2016-02-23, 09:43 PM
He didn't wait, he knew he was going to do it if, indeed, the envelope was indeed what he thought it was.

It was, and he knew: This might be his only chance, or at least, his best prospect of saving her.

And if it meant saving her? He'd easily give his life, or others lives.

Taking the vial with the dust, so it wouldn't simply just sift around inside, he moved with purpose, throwing his door open forcefully (And subsequently almost giving a maid a heart attack), he moved to his ritual circle, walking down the halls, vial and letter in hand.

Usually, he wouldn't be this hasty, but he had to register himself as soon as possible, he couldn't let any other possibility be able to come to fruition be it by negligence, or sloth. Usually he was a more...cautious sort of man, a man to measure his steps, keep an eye out, prepare, prepare, prepare, or at least, that's how he was when it came to missions.

It wasn't long until he got there, and crouched down in the middle of his ritual area and poured the dust out, then took a few steps back, in a bit of hasty safety, he invoked the power of his zodiac, the symbol on his left hand glowing faintly, an O, with horn like lines protruding from it, and nodded as the comfortable skin tight magic covered him.

After that? He raised his left hand: The hand he favored in the case of casting magic, a simple habit of his, and focused his magic upon the area, feeling the trees, leaves, the wind, the grass, the dirt, the rocks, the water, and his dearest companions radiating, thrumming in a natural beat along with his own.

He noted they had emerged from the gathering of trees in the area, his training area was linked to his ritual area, and as one who channels natures power, it was par for the course that his own personal training space was in fact an indoor forest-like zone. He saw Sutā prowl in, eyes alight with curiosity, along with Kaku upon his back. He smiled faintly to them, before he got back to focusing his magic, channeling it to activate the dust.

Soon, he would have to notify his honorable grandparents, but not now. Now, he was gambling upon a chance of which he could not find himself ever denying.

SoundOfMadness
2016-02-24, 01:00 AM
The contents of the letter were as his family suspected. In the middle of a the square dais that is centered on the large balcony Mark knelt. With his fingers he traced the weathered runes engraved in the stone. He knew he would have no choice. He must accept. He must win. To his family, there would be no room for failure. Hesitating just a moment longer, he began to spread the crystal powder onto the dais. Watching every last shimmering spec land he whispered to himself:

"There can be...only one."

Standing up he began his incantations, feeling the power, the magic, course through his mind and body.

Ishimi
2016-02-24, 10:25 PM
ALL

As you imbue the dust with magic, everything around grows dark for a moment. You feel a sharp, but very brief, pain in your right hand as everything returns to normal.
Looking down, you see that there are now three glowing runes on the back of your hand. They seem to emanate energy as you look at them.

MARK

Your father slowly walks over to you as he looks at you with a derisive, emotionless glare.

"Good... Now we must summon your servant. We have already selected a viable candidate for you to win this war. If you turn out to not be as disappointing as your brother, you can easily win this war."

One of your many... Indentured servants places down a box with no lid. Sitting inside it is a shattered dagger. Along the hilt are gems that tempt your eyes. It was perhaps a very lethal weapon indeed before it was devoured by time.

chibithepony
2016-02-26, 12:27 AM
James Sighs to himself , looking up from his grove looking into the mountains of Minnesota. James pulls out his phone dialing up his uncle.

Ishimi
2016-02-26, 01:09 AM
JAMES

After several seconds your uncle answers the phone, he speaks with a very happy voice.

"Hey! It's been a while hasn't it? You're lucky you called when you did, my lunch break is about to end!
Oh wait, it's almost night where you are, isn't it? Oh well, I'm glad you called anyways!

What can I do for ya?"

chibithepony
2016-02-26, 01:13 AM
in a serious tone James Speaks
Hey Uncle, I got in. I might be able to get us out of this... i'll be there tomorrow. and i'm happy to talk to you too.

Ishimi
2016-02-26, 01:38 AM
JAMES

Your uncle speaks excitedly

"You really think it'll work!? That's amazing! I'll see you tomorrow then!"

SoundOfMadness
2016-02-26, 01:38 AM
Images of his brother flooded Mark's mind at the mention of him. He knelt down and placed his hand upon the jeweled hilt, careful not to show his father sign of his veneration of his late brother. Memories flooded on as Mark gently placed the shards and hilt in the center of the dais and removed the box which had contained it. He recalled in his youth watching his brother practice his wizardry, and the feeling of adoration and respect. His brother, to him, had become the idol of his youth. Strong and powerful, and yet, Mark thought to himself, apparently not powerful enough. Mark stood and matched his father's cold stare, which bore into him like daggers.

"My brother? Hmph. My brother was weak. He had failed. I will not be so easily defeated. I will not fail."

He held the stare a moment longer, then began the summoning.

chibithepony
2016-02-26, 01:42 AM
James saying goodbye hangs up on his uncle and proceeds to dial an unusual number.
Pantheon, get something ready in Fuyuki. Use up to $25,000,000 make it something flashy and make sure the plane tickets let Charon Sit next to me.

Ishimi
2016-02-26, 02:13 AM
MARK

Your father simply gives you a derisive glare. It carries with it the message that failure means death... Even if the other competitors don't kill you themselves.

As you begin the ritual, lights begin shooting out of the shards of metal. Anywhere the light touches is blotted out in pitch black darkness. This continues until you cannot see anything. When the entire room is covered you hear a gruff yet quiet voice.

"Aagghhhh, yes! I've spent too damn long being dead... Time to repay that favor to the world."

Suddenly the darkness begins roaring like a tornado as it is sucked into a currently forming humanoid shape.

As it calms you can see an aged man in a dull green cloak. He has an expressionless face, but a glint in his eye as he looks to you and your family.

"Who do you want me to kill?"

JAMES

A familiar voice answers the phone and speaks with literally no emotions.

"Everything is already being taken care of. See you in exactly four hours, thirty four minutes and twenty nine seconds."

The phone then clicks off before you can respond.

The following message can be seen on your phone.

"The number: 715-6524-0737-7227-0863-1479-9373-X12 does not exist. Please try another number."

chibithepony
2016-02-26, 02:21 AM
after calling for a cab James packs his things, and as he packs the last of it a honk from outside sending Charon into a mild barking fit as he became excited for the adventure about to be under took.

James briskly greets the driver, and gives him directions to the airport petting charon on the head. James stares at his hand wondering how exactly he could summon his hero.

SoundOfMadness
2016-02-26, 02:41 AM
Upon watching the form solidify, Mark began to recognize the great lengths his family had taken to ensure his victory. Before him stood the most infamous and deadly assassin in history.
After a pause, Mark responded:

"You, Artemis Entreri, are to kill all who dare stand between me and my family's prize."

Ishimi
2016-02-26, 03:10 AM
JAMES

The cab driver looks to you via mirror, he greets you and begins driving once you've given him directions.

A few minutes later and you arrive at the airport. The driver helps you get your things and drives back off to answer another cab-call.

You get on your plane without any trouble and enjoy a smooth ride with nothing but your dog sitting next to you, and weird looks from other passengers.

When you walk into the lobby of Fuyuki airport it has been precisely four hours, thirty four minutes and twenty seven seconds. A small group of people walks casually through the crowd. There are eight people in all.

A very serious, yet somehow kind looking woman follows the group. It takes them two seconds to reach you. Some of them pick up your things as they form a half circle around you and the woman. She speaks with the wisdom of a woman in her prime, though her face doesn't look much older than perhaps twenty.

"We've already selected two secure locations along with your uncle's house. We will be taking you to the primary base of operations and briefing you on our current projected plans of action. For now though, you need to wear this at all times. It will make your stay in Fuyuki as smooth as possible."

She hands you an ID, apparently you are now the leading reporter and CEO of a highly cleared news company working directly with the police chief as well as local emergency and communications arrays.

MARK

Your servant bows on one knee.

"They will fall with nothing but fear on their mind, I pledge myself to you for the duration of this war."

Fearan
2016-02-26, 03:12 AM
- Hmm, command spells. - Quentin looked at his hand in surprise - Or a very crafty fake curse. No, to sophisticated for cross-waving preaching idiots. Let's get ready then - he sparkled gasoline all over the mansion - hopefully, the fire will erase all traces of his workshop, and trick the other competitors into beleving, that the magus, who bought the twin mansions in Fuyuki was killed by his experiments, or his Servants, or whatever. So, he prepared the arson to cover his tracks and started the summoning ritual - the last act of magecraft in this house.

chibithepony
2016-02-26, 03:29 AM
"its good to see you Gem, That sounds delightful to me.

James converses with the others laughing at jokes and enjoying their company as they lead him to the Limo, Looking around at the city surrounding him, once inside the car James looks warily at the sky, Charon lays his head on his lap, the approach of evening filling James with a mild dread as he tried to be merry with his companions

DrSsitrop
2016-02-26, 06:10 PM
The ritual was complete.

Whether his grandparents wanted him to, or not, he was going to fight in this war, but nonetheless, he needed resources, ones he could not draw upon himself. He'd get much use out of their blessing, it wasn't utter need, but an army without resources had a slim chance of victory.

This is why he was currently walking in long, purposeful strides to where he believed they'd be at around this time of five to six PM, which was the time the sun sets in Japan, hopefully his keen observation of their habits and places they'd be at certain times would lead him correctly to them.

He gripped the handle, having arrived. He took a deep breath, then a deep exhale, for he needed to be clear of mind to deal with his grandparents, to be calm, and ready for whatever they may say or do.

He was ready, he heard a faint *Click* from the door before walking inside, softly closing the door, then moving forward a few steps towards them, followed by kneeling onto his left knee, right hand on right knee, left fist pressed slightly in front of left knee, and bowing his head towards them.

One of the rules of dealing with his 'honorable grandparents': speak when spoken to, for now, he would have to silently cow himself towards them until they deigned his presence important enough to call upon.

He swore they sometimes made him wait, just to taunt him, but mayhaps that was paranoia...

Ishimi
2016-02-27, 10:22 PM
QUENTIN

As you begin your ritual, the area around you falls deathly silent. You cannot even hear your own breathing, or your heart beating in your chest.

What you do hear, is the slow pervasive beat of... Wings? Yes. You can hear wings flapping in the distance, getting closer it would seem. As it grows louder you suddenly hear the distinctive breying of a horse, and then everything explodes in a rush of sound.

Chains led by blades materialize in the air above your ritual space, flying at high speed into the walls, cieling, and floor. When all is finished, one chain is close enough to your face that you can feel the icy chill of the steel.

The center of this seemingly random web of chains begins to glow as a humanoid shape begins to form, it floats down and bends it's shape until it is sitting in a relaxed, semi seductive fashion atop the chains, their paths fitting together in a comfortable position for her -yes, she's certainly female- to lay in.

The light materializes into a woman with exceptionally long, silky pink hair. She wears a fashionable blinding veil over her eyes, and wears an outfit that hugs her body, leaving little to the imagination.

She looks simultaneously pleased, and annoyed.

"Again? Oh well. Maybe this time will be more fun."

She then sniffs, smelling the gasoline.

"It's rude to do that in the presence of a lady."

JAMES

Gem tells Russle to take the long route as she takes the time to explain everything she has set up, as well as a few things that were still in the works.

Later in the evening you arrive at the base of the stairs leading to your uncles house.

As you exit the car you look up at the moon and feel a familiar... Primal feeling beginning to take over.

Gem looks to you

"Are you okay? We're almost there."

SEIKATSU

You sit at the entrance to their room for a good while, perhaps almost half an hour. After a long pause your grandpa speaks.

"Yes grandson. Why do you plague me with your presence?"

chibithepony
2016-02-27, 10:31 PM
in a Hushed tone to Gem
"Please just get me to my uncle's house as soon as humanly possible.

Charon whines as James closes his eyes and focuses on keeping his breathing steady.

DrSsitrop
2016-02-27, 10:58 PM
He raises his head to look at his 'honorable' grandfather, his face blank, devoid of emotion. It was better to not show any form of weakness- or strength. Weakness would enslave him, strength would derive punishment. A careful neutral.

"Honorable grandfather, I wish to report upon a strange, but most definitely advantageous event." He says, not too loud, a controlled, and practiced tone and volume for his grandparents. Born from years as the family's guard mutt, for that was what he was to them really, a mutt they used, or a tool.

"I had opened this afternoon, within my room, a letter I had found-" a bending of truth through careful wording, he did not note that his had found it there, only alluded to finding it in his room. To him, it was a dance with pain, or with death, or with failure, to his grandfather...maybe it was a game? Who knew his ways... "-and upon that letter, was an invitation to the Holy Grail War from the church...for me." He said, with slight confidence in his voice before dipping back to that careful, almost monotone voice...for all he emotes, it very well should be. "I have come to see if I may incite your blessing, and if so, what wish you may have for the grail." he said as he bowed his head again. Thankfully, he's played the loyal servant, appearing upon the outside to be a whipped and tamed dog for quite some time... "For I live to serve the household." he said with fake determination...a song and dance, he was used to pretending, he'd done it for...well, such a long time that it was natural to lie in such a manner, second nature even...

Fearan
2016-02-29, 01:46 PM
Oddly enough, the summoning magecraft worked. When the...whatever it was stepped into the summonning circle, all, Quentin could say was simply "...Beautyful..." - both adressing the act of borderline true magic and the result of summoning. And then the woman started talking - here will be problems, the magus thought.
- I'm Quentin D'Evre. - he firmly introduced himself - - Welcome to my estate - for the brief moment, before it will burn to the ground. Would you introduce, yourself, fair lady?

Ishimi
2016-03-01, 12:57 AM
JAMES

Gem rushes you inside, you can hear the very large, ornate gates closing behind you, locking firmly in place. Gem begins ordering Pantheon into positions.

"Aloïs, you and Lexa will be in charge of watching this gate, no one gets in or out until morning, make sure you have your tranques loaded too, could be a crazy night.

Ro, you're with me. We will be keeping an eye on James. I know you're good with him when he's... Not well.

Russle and luke will be stationed at the front door, the surrounding area should be easily viewable through the entry ways windows. You will also serve as backup, as well as a fallback location for Aloïs and Lexa.

Finley, take Ciel up to the third floor balcony, seal the doors and hunker down. Provide supportive fire if needed, your on sentinel duty if it's not.

Remember, this is not open warfare, do not engage targets unless you find it necessary. "

Everyone nods in agreement and moves to take positions.

SEIKATSU

Your grandfather stands silently for several solid minutes.

He eventually speaks.

"Do not belittle your already fragile standing with such outrageous claims. The Holy Grail only summons those it finds worthy. Those it thinks stand a chance.
You are nothing, you cannot really hope for a chance in such a war.

If you can prove that you have been summoned, you will have my blessing, but if your claim proves false, you know the punishment that awaits you."

QUENTIN

The woman stands and walks to you, running her finger along your cheek in a seductive manner.

"Oh, and here I was thinking you'd know my name. Oh well.

You can just call me medusa."

chibithepony
2016-03-01, 01:40 AM
"Gem, Make Sure you guys stay safe."

James walks with Charon to the enclosed garden, Striping down in the shade of the temple, placing his cloths in a pile. James bracing himself for the pain, steps into the pale moonlight.

Unlike the nights he had tried to fight this the normally searing pain that rolled over him came only as a pleasant warmth spreading across his arms and legs as the least invasive part of his curse as wisps of fur began to sprout upon his body. Many shades of browns dominating his form as james braced himself for the inevitable pain as his legs began to reshape, bones snapping in cracking as he Screamed. Feet stretching as pounds of weight were added to his body, his arm bending awkwardly out of place as yet another crack impaled the night. A horrid grinding began as his spine began to realign itself and extend into a powerful tail. James' nose bled as his skull cracked grinding as his teeth fell out onto the ground, tongue rolling out of his mouth as his his nose and mouth stretched into a large muzzle , teeth like Daggers filling its length, ears pointing themselves towards the moon.

Soon in the place of the kind druid, a beast like something most people believed to be a nightmare. There stood a great wolf, ashen sand colored fur shimmering in the moonlight, his head standing over the heads of most men. Charon walked over to his friend, looking him in the eye twitching one ear to the left looking quizzically. The wolf only showed what could be called a grin as he bounded into the tall grass, chasing his companion in a mock hunt.

The next morning James found himself tenderly placed inside his bed, Charon sleeping beside him. Letting his friend rest James turned to a large amount of food placed beside his bed only indication of anyone else
was a note reading
"Come see me when you are done, Obviously beloved Uncle
James helped himself to the food slipping on some comfortable cloths and running his tongue over his new teeth he walked calmly to his uncles Favorite spot.

DrSsitrop
2016-03-01, 08:18 PM
He'd gulp, but yet again he knew his grandfather would notice, so he didn't.

If he remembered correctly, he still had the letter, having absentmindedly slid it into his pocket after taking the vial out, so he reached down and pulled it out, lifting it with his right hand, and presenting the back of it as he looked his grandfather in the eyes for now.

"I possess the command seals given out from the grail to masters on my right hand, and a letter addressed to me specifically from the church, more specifically a man named Reverand Isaac. If you need further evidence, seek out the Fuyuki city church, as that is a place detailed in the letter for masters to go to for further information, which I presume would explain that I am in fact a member to one of my family. I do not personally know why I was declared a master honorable grandfather, but I was nonetheless. "

He said calmly, he was nervous, but hopefully his grandfather would accept it, for he had already used the dust in his haste.

His lighter, more naive side felt that maybe, just maybe he might have been lucky, or the grail looked at his situation and given its blessing, or recognized his determination...but he didn't know, and the him born from the life he's lived so far tossed that away, it wasn't important, all that was important was...that he was in the war, and he could get that wish.

Now, he lowered his head again, it was not good to challenge his grandfather, even if it was simply staring too long, but he kept his hand up, waiting for permission to hand it to his grandfather, or for one of the servants to instead, either way, he shouldn't be presumptuous, do not act unless told to was a personal rule he generally adhered to unless he was one hundred percent sure that it would please his 'Honorable' grandfather.

For now, he'd be patient, he'd have to be, he couldn't mess this up...

Fearan
2016-03-04, 01:41 PM
Quentin nodded. Let's just say, it is not the thing, I've asked. I'll reiterate - will you take up the role of my Servant in this mockery of the Grail war? - he asked again - the ritual had to be done, despite his opinion on the events.

Ishimi
2016-03-07, 03:29 PM
JAMES

Gem and Ro are waiting for you when you exit the room, they walk silently behind you.

Your uncle is sitting under a good sized cherry tree that has been planted in broken stone. Other than that, the floor is a smoothly polished andesite floor, he is looking out of a massive window into the nearby forests. The light from the outside illuminates the room, reflecting off of the pink petals and glossy floor. It seems to put emphasis on the surrounding paintings that adorn the walls. Your uncle seems to be occupied painting on a scroll.

SEIKATSU

Your grandfather immediately walks over and begins reading the letter. When he is finished he stands silently for a minute as he just stares at you, unsure of what to think. True, he still did not believe you had a snowball's chance in Hell, but if you were to succeed... Yes. This could be just the thing...

He lifts your chin to look at him, he actually seems happy at the news. He speaks in a kind tone. It gives you the feeling of a spider assuring a fly that everything is alright.

"This is wonderful news my dear grandson. This spells out great opportunity for our family; if you won this war, we could have limitless power! I will have to help you prepare, of course. You will need a clever Magus to pull your strings... And when you win, I will need to be there to ensure loyalty."

QUENTIN

The woman looks to you... Or at least in your general direction. It is unclear.

"Oh, you're no fun! The war doesn't matter yet, we still have time to... Explore one another. To don't want to know anything about me? Like why I don't have snakes coming out of my pretty little head?

Very well, yes. I will serve you to the fullest extent of my abilities, all I ask in return is that you make my stay a good one."

DrSsitrop
2016-03-07, 07:15 PM
A slight, tiny, fake smile graced his lips.

"Our family will stand on top, with you standing highest, grandfather."

A hint of 'sincere' loyalty, a subtle redaction of 'Honorable' to pretend like he actually liked him as his grandfather, along with no words of doubt that he'd win, or that his grandfather wouldn't be the one who'd ascend the highest from the war...and he somewhat believed that he wouldn't, in the sense that he can't lose, he didn't want to comprehend what would happen if he lost.
Then his face drooped back to a more serious, determined one.

"There's much to prepare for then, with your blessing obtained...and personally, I believe the first course of action before anything else is deploying some spies around the Fuyuki Church, and some to dig up information upon who regularly goes there to cross reference who could, or could not be members of the Holy Grail War. Knowledge is power, after all, and knowing my opponents before they know me will stack the deck for sure. Though this is just the insight of I, the puppet. It all comes down to the master."

He said, though the second his grandfather let go of his chin, he'd lower it again, back was the loyal dog, and gone was the 'loyal grandson'. An important part was degrading himself whenever it came to his idea's, such as this. He was assured his grandfather preferred it when he believed he hated himself, and when he got his ego stroked.

All this, a song and dance he was used to, for that was just how things were.

chibithepony
2016-03-08, 01:52 AM
Quietly looking over his uncles shoulder James smirked at possibly the worst calligraphy he had ever seen

""Good morning Uncle.

round that time Charon waltzed up, lazily yawning at he walked up to James' uncle expecting somthing...