PDA

View Full Version : Starting Gold

PaucaTerrorem
2016-02-17, 03:29 AM
Making a game for some newbies and I don't have a DMG. Can anyone tell me the starting gold for a lvl 3 character? That is if it doesn't break OGL rules.

Puppeteer_87
2016-02-17, 03:38 AM
a quick internet search yielded 2700 gp for lvl 3, 5400 for lvl 4.

Though you can ask your DM if he/she might alter this for you.

Necroticplague
2016-02-17, 09:55 AM
Making a game for some newbies and I don't have a DMG. Can anyone tell me the starting gold for a lvl 3 character? That is if it doesn't break OGL rules.

It does break OGL as far as I know. However, I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the DM, and it's a chart commonly known as 'wealth-by-level' guidelines, or WBL around these parts.

johnbragg
2016-02-17, 10:00 AM

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/149132/Dungeon-Masters-Guide-35

$9.99 and you can have the PDF. All legal and everything. Trying to run a game without it is going to give you problems somewhere. You can use the internet to get around those problems, but Dont Be That Rob Lowe. Be the Rob Lowe who doesn't steal intellectual property on a regular basis.

(Oh, and to answer the question I had before I bought my first PDF from WOTC, yes you can print stuff from the PDF so that you have a paper copy.)

Sliver
2016-02-17, 10:45 AM
It appears both in the DMG, page 135, and in the MIC, page 231.

Firest Kathon
2016-02-17, 10:55 AM
The Pathfinder values are slightly higher, but freely available on the SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering#Table-Character-Wealth-by-Level).

eggynack
2016-02-17, 08:10 PM
Trying to run a game without it is going to give you problems somewhere.
It's not that big a deal. The SRD has most important DMG information. It just has some weird gaps, like this one, and beyond those gaps it is quite sufficient. Yes, there are likely to be occasional problems, but I'd expect them to be rather minor. This is the biggest such issue, I think.