PDA

View Full Version : Post-Homously [Spoilers]

thehothead
2007-06-17, 06:39 AM
Has anyone thought of the possibility that Durkon might die, come back to life, and THEN go back to the dwarven lands?

Miraqariftsky
2007-06-17, 08:14 AM
Not I. Actually, now that you bring it up...

Will he be brought back as a Dwarven Ancestor?

Ooor, do you think that, after the (current) Dwarven Homelands have been destroyed... do you think dwarf adventurers in, say, a couple hundred years in the future would go questing for The Sacred Shield of Durkon, or say, Durkon's Golden Tankard?

mohair_ninja
2007-06-17, 08:15 AM
I don't think so. I doubt anyone of OotS would be able to revive him.
Belkar? nah, he's too stupid, proven here [URL="http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0058.html"]
Vaarsuvius? I doubt V's got necessary spells.
But it's possible that he'll be back home animated, as Tsukiko's goblinkiller.

jamroar
2007-06-17, 08:29 AM
Has anyone thought of the possibility that Durkon might die, come back to life, and THEN go back to the dwarven lands?

Posthumously literally means after burial, right?
Maybe

The OOTS is buried alive in a landslide or something and have to make their way to the Dwarven lands via the OOTS version of the Underdark, instead of Durkon actually dying?

Or someone in the party comes up with that explanation for the fulfilment of the prophecy, and then when we're not expecting it, Durkon drops dead just before the end of that journey.

David Argall
2007-06-17, 02:14 PM

There have been several such ideas suggested here and there.

Like any proper prophecy, this one has a lot of wiggle room. Another weasel word is "finally" which means the whole thing may refer to his final visit to dwarven lands. Durkon can commute in and out of dwarven lands and conform to the prophecy by dying outside them and then coming back, live or dead, to dwarven lands for the final time. And it does not say he will stay there after that.