PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help building a ichigo like character from bleach

edwin1993
2016-02-17, 09:14 AM
ok my parties going to be starting a 21st level gestalt campaign so i kinda want to build a character like ichigo from bleach or kirito from sword art online. if anyone has build advice all books and dragon magazines are open to use

Red Fel
2016-02-17, 09:27 AM
Warblade. Seriously, just straight-up Warblade.

These characters are basically superhuman swordsmen who shrug off everything and brutalize people. Warblade with focus on Iron Heart. Examples:
Iron Heart Surge: Your protagonist shrugs off negative effects with the power of anger/justice/friendship.
Ironheart Aura: Your protagonist inspires his allies to withstand brutality.
Punishing Stance: Your protagonist doesn't care if he gets hurt, just as long as he stops the other guy.
Grab some other stuff too. Stone Dragon to smash things. Tiger Claw to shred things. Make sure you wield the angriest-looking weapon you can.

Since you're starting at such a high level, consider taking a race like Half-Giant or Goliath, which gets you the Powerful Build feature, allowing you to wield larger-sized weapons. Alternatively, the Titan Bloodline lets you use oversized weapons, and gives you a bunch of other bonuses - fitting the typical shounen hero with "hidden potential."

But yeah. Warblade and done.

Your other side can be pretty much anything. If you wanted to go for power, I'd suggest some kind of caster, but that's really not in these guys' bailiwick. And you don't particularly need a martial class on the other side. (You could go for Swordsage or Crusader, but it's a bit redundant.) Psychic Warrior is an option, or straight-up Psion, if you want all sorts of neat powers; Warlock is also an option, if you want to fly or fire energy beams or something, but then you're entering DBZ territory.

For these characters, I'm not sure that gestalt even works, really.

Side note, never Kirito. Not even once.

khadgar567
2016-02-17, 09:55 AM
Agreed with red fell both guys are pure swords master who duel wields longswords like they are dagger wielding rouge with furry of blows and haste buffed so warblade for melee and warlock for eldricth blast( getsuga tensho) is prety much solves whole build

Caedes
2016-02-17, 11:47 AM
I totally agree with the Warblade.

For your second class I would look at a Bladebound Magus. Channel the spells through your Blade. And it gives you a semi-sentient Blade with some of it's own special abilities.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/bladebound

Tis good times.

Red Fel
2016-02-17, 01:07 PM
I totally agree with the Warblade.

For your second class I would look at a Bladebound Magus. Channel the spells through your Blade. And it gives you a semi-sentient Blade with some of it's own special abilities.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/bladebound

Tis good times.

This is an excellent point. If PF is available, the Bladebound Magus fits the idea of a Shinigami and his Zanpakutou quite well. Alternatively, or if PF isn't on the table, an intelligent item (or item familiar) weapon is a very satisfying option, particularly with a thematically fitting dedicated power.

Prime32
2016-02-17, 01:09 PM
Ichigo: CG Dragonborn (breath) hellbred half-elf, Barbarian/Kensei//Warblade/Eternal Blade, focused on Iron Heart and Diamond Mind. You are part-human, part-elf, part-hellspawn, part-good-dragon, and your dragon part both gives you a ranged energy attack and prevents the hellspawn part from claiming your soul. You have a bonded weapon, a spirit that appears to you to train you in swordsmanship, can boost your stats with Rage and Power Surge, can use your "resolve" (Concentration skill) in place of saving throws or attack rolls, and can even transfer some of your power to another person if you need to.

Kirito: CG Paladin of Freedom 2/Ranger (1st favored enemy: arcanists) 19//Swordsage 15/Dervish 1/Extreme Explorer 5, focused on Tiger Claw. Take the Serenity feat to base paladin abilities on Wisdom, and the Adaptive Style feat because swordsages need it. Take the Urban Companion ACF for rangers so you get a familiar instead of an animal companion, then take the Improved Familiar feat to make it a fairy of some kind (courre eladrin probably). You have lots of sword techniques, but are left vulnerable if you use them up too quickly. You can dual-wield scimitars despite them normally being too heavy to dual-wield. You always know when someone is evil, and can increase the results of your die rolls or take extra actions when dramatically appropriate.