PDA

View Full Version : Quicklings

Juggalo5587
2007-06-17, 08:17 AM
Hey. i'm wondering if anyone can tell me te exact rules for a quickling for 3.5ed? cos i'm about to staring playing in a campign and i wanna be a quickling but i cannot find any rules for them... so if some one had the rules or knew i site or something where icould get the from that would be great...

Thanks heaps.

Vhaidara
2007-06-17, 11:22 AM
What's a quickling?

Tracersmith
2007-06-17, 01:12 PM
Do you mean gibberlings?

Ceres
2007-06-17, 02:12 PM
^^ No no. Quicklings are quicklings. They are a type of evil fey that have been around since 1e. I had trouble finding updated rules for them though. The best thing I could find was this (http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/fey/quickling.htm). However, it is 3.0, so I guess it's not what you're looking for. I'll keep looking :smallsmile:

[Edit] Done a bit more searching, and from what I can find, quicklings haven't existed in any official books since 2e. Seems like you'll have to homebrew them.

Mr Pants
2007-06-17, 07:37 PM
Good thing you're in the homebrew forum already!

Tracersmith
2007-06-17, 09:02 PM
what 2nd edition book were they in?

Vhaidara
2007-06-18, 01:03 PM
The only thing I know about 1st edition is something my dad told me, namely that weight was done in gp's.

Ceres
2007-06-18, 04:43 PM
The only thing I know about 1st edition is something my dad told me, namely that weight was done in gp's.

Indeed. And you also gained as much xp from an adventure as the combined gp value of the treasure you found. Ahh, those were the days

Matthew
2007-06-21, 07:47 PM
...and a Gold Coin weighed something obsecene, something like 10 or 20 to the pound. There was once an article in Footprints supporting the 1:10 ratio, but the guy was simply wrong. Real World Ancient and Medieval Gold Coins weighed in at around 4.5g (1/100 of a pound) with the largest later Gold Coins being around 9g (the weight of an (A)D&D 3.x Greyhawk Coin).

Needless to say, my (A)D&D coinage didn't weigh that much...

Ixahinon
2009-06-15, 08:40 PM
Quicklings were small creatures, usually no more than 3 feet in height, and were exceptionally rude/mean to anyone that could stand to listen to them. They LOVE to play pranks (often hurtful ones) and makes sure that anyone that can understand them knows how inferior they are to the quickling race.

-4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.

Even though they are Small Creatures, they have a base land speed of 40 feet, due to being..well...quicklings.

They speak Sylvan and Elven..but due to being quicklings, they speak so insanely fast that it's hard to keep track of what is being said. They don't pause between sentances, etc.

Get the Run feat for free, can also run indefinately, having no need to make a Constitutution check for fatigue.

1/Day: Dancing Lights, Daze, Expeditious Retreat (Swift Action). Caster level = to Character Level.

Prefered Class: Rogue.

Level Adjustment +0

Shadow_Elf
2009-06-15, 08:44 PM
[Edit] Done a bit more searching, and from what I can find, quicklings haven't existed in any official books since 2e. Seems like you'll have to homebrew them.

By quicklings haven't existed officially, do you mean as a player race or just as monsters? Since they were in the first 4e Monster Manual, I would think they'd have a 3.5e incarnation somewhere, since they wouldn't shove obscure stuff into the first monster manual of an edition, right?

sigurd
2009-06-15, 09:03 PM
They're in dandwiki.com

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Quicklings_(DnD_Race))

Cieyrin
2009-06-16, 08:43 AM
You can find another take on Quicklings if you have access to Arcana Unearthed or Arcana Evolved from Malhavoc Press. Sure, it's its own incarnation of d20 but you could probably modify it to whatever game you wanted to run w/ little difficulty, I'd imagine.

Debihuman
2009-06-16, 09:32 AM
Most of the "missing" monsters from 2e and earlier were converted to 3e in Necromancer Games Tome of Horrors. Since the entire book is OGL, there wasn't any point to WotC making their own version, although they occassionally did. The quickling stats are here too. Also, the book was revised for 3.5 but only came out as a pdf. It's one of my favorite monster books and it even has the template for Dire creatures.

How hung up are you on the "official" version of monsters? I know Pathfinder has been relying heavily on the Tome of Horror monsters.

Debby