PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Character concepts for a "low magic" campaign (silly)

dascarletm
2016-02-17, 04:46 PM
So I'm joining a campaign where there is going to be little to no magic items, hardly any casters, and it is set in the bronze age... kinda. Steel and iron are rare, but attainable.

This group is also on the non-serious side of things (something I'm not used to playing). The last game I did with them I was a gnome barbarian that thought he was a paladin. It was fun and silly.

Now I'm unsure what to play I made an interim switch hitter ranger, but I have no good ideas for a non-serious character.

Currently we have
A taxman scholar
A nondescript dwarf rogue
A sorcerer (probably the only one who will be able to play a caster, and its nerfed in some way) who is basically Elsa
and
A nondescript barbarian that.... likes bears?

I'm at a loss for something interesting and non-serious to roleplay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

digiman619
2016-02-17, 05:04 PM
Oh, gunslinger, clearly!:smallbiggrin:

Alex12
2016-02-17, 06:45 PM
How about a mad scientist-type Alchemist? Pass your extracts and whatnot off as experimental brews, that sort of thing. Easy to nerf for low-magic (potion mishap tables yay!), and means that you can provide buffs and healing that you very likely will be needing.

Or, for ridiculosity, play a time-displaced Techslinger (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/archetypes/paizo---gunslinger-archetypes/techslinger) and act like you just walked out of someplace like Shadowrun. Be confused about super-basic things about how the non-technological world works, that sort of thing.

dascarletm
2016-02-17, 07:20 PM
I like both of those but I forgot to list the banned classes.

Alchemist
Antipaladin
Bard (the bardic music ability is available as a variant to other classes if desired)
Bloodrager
Cavalier
Cleric
Gunslinger
Hunter
Inquisitor
Investigator
Oracle
Paladin
Skald
Spritualist
Summoner
Warpriest

Alex12
2016-02-17, 07:30 PM
So, you're limited to:
Barbarian
Brawler
Fighter
Monk
Ninja
Ranger
Rogue
Samurai
Slayer
Swashbuckler
and the non-Spiritualist occult classes

How about a Gnome Kineticist who thinks he's dead and this is heaven? After all, there's so many new and exciting things to do, how could this not be heaven? Also allows you to play a reckless character, since obviously if he's in heaven, he can't die again, that'd be absurd.