PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5e dragonfire adept and entangling breath questions.

Aether-soul
2016-02-17, 07:51 PM
This is my first time using the class and I was wondering how exactly most people interpret the entangling metabreath. Does it auto apply if the attack deals damage and once applied can it be removed and how restrictioning is it usually treated? (Can they simply not move and take a standard action or are they fully locked down)

Also for character fluff reasons does anyone know any particularly strong drinks (or random things other than oil flasks) that should react strongly to a fire breath attack or lightning.

Troacctid
2016-02-17, 07:59 PM
It's not a metabreath feat. It's just a feat that lets you modify your breath weapon. You can choose to use it or not use it whenever you use your breath weapon. If you choose to use it, it does what it says: the breath weapon deals half damage, but any enemy damaged by it is entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled) and takes ongoing damage for however-many rounds, after which it wears off on its own.

Draconium
2016-02-17, 08:02 PM
To you mean Entangling Exhalation? Because it's technically not a metabreath feat - it doesn't increase recharge time, and can be used even if there is no rounds-long recharge time on your breath weapon.

Anyways, yes, as long as an opponent takes damage from a breath weapon you applied the effects of this feat to, then they are entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled) for 1d4 rounds, and take an extra 1d6 points of damage (of the breath weapon's type) for each of these rounds. Anything that would normally remove the entangled condition will remove it here too.

EDIT: Ninja'd Swordsage'd on that part. :smalltongue:

Alcohol is flammable, isn't it? That works for fire breaths, but I don't know about lightning breaths.

Aether-soul
2016-02-18, 09:08 AM
Thank you very much for your answers now I actually understand entangling exhalation which was my main concern for this post. Do I let this sit and rot or can I delete this or what do I do now