PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Feat Selection

kyz
2007-06-17, 09:50 AM
Okay, so, I am working on a character for a gestalt campaign. ECL 15. I am rolling with the concept of Avariel (always wanted an opportunity to play a flying race) cleric6/Radiant Servant of Pelor9//LA3/Scout12 (as of right now).

I have it pretty much altogether except not kinda since I suck at picking feats. I guess I'll go ahead and list mah stats and then the feats I have and get advice.

Stats with Racial Modifiers and gained ability score points added in: Str 10, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 20, Cha 16.

Feats I currently have:
-Flyby Attack [1]
-Domain Spontaneity [3]
-Divine Spell Power [6]
-Improved Flight (Avg->Good) [9]
-Exotic Weapon Prof. [Greatspear][12]
-Shot on the Run [15]
-Point Blank Shot [First scout bonus feat]
-Dodge [Second scout bonus feat]
-Mobility [This scout bonus feat]

Greatspear Prof. is for Dive Attack goodness (double damage from a 2d6). Improved flight is so that I can hover in one place (cost me a feat either way and this improved more than Hover does).

Domains are Sun, Healing, and Glory (gained from RSoP) if that matters.

My concept involves being, well, healer and decent damage dealer with spells, ranged, and melee (+3d6 Skirmish+x2 Dive attack=goodness?).

So, any suggestions? I am iffy about dodge and mobility, but shot on the run can be useful, I think. Maybe? I am also not entirely sure about flyby attack.

And, yes, I have stayed away from divine metamagic. Why? Because I have never really done much in the way of playing a caster of any sort before and so I wasn't entirely sure about jumping into metamagic and what, afraid I'd either waste it or get cheesy without trying.

ocato
2007-06-17, 11:31 AM
I suggest Power attack, Extra turning, and perhaps some metamagic/divine metamagic, like Quicken (instead of persistant, so you are less cheesey)

Drop 5 turns to quicken cast divine power, then righteous might in one round. Get all up ons with your two handed weapon that goes from 2d6 to 2d8 damage (not to mention the insane combat bonuses). Glory is okay, but I suggest Strength.

Power Attack + your cleric level (15) to strength based rolls for 1 round (attack and damage, so remove your whole cleric level from attack and you are tripling your cleric level to damage with a two handed weapon) and Divine power, and righteous Might, and a 2d6 base weapon, and flying?

Pwned.

Alex Star
2007-06-17, 11:36 AM
Umm... I want to know more about this as well.

bigbaddragon
2007-06-17, 11:44 AM
Take a look to "Complete Scoundrel" book, you have "Improved Skirmish" feat there for which you have already met the requirements and it boosts your skirmish damage by 2d6 and your skirmish AC bonus by 2 if you move additional ten feet before attacking. I figure that it won't cause you trouble to move 20 feet instead of 10.

You mentioned "Dodge" feat. I don't know your exact speed but if its not a problem to you to move 40 feet in one round you could take "Expeditious Dodge" feat which gives you +2 dodge bonus to AC against all opponents after moving 40 feet. It also counts as dodge for meeting prestige classes requirements. I can't remember where it was but I can tell for sure its not in Spell Compendium nor Magic Item Compendium :smallsmile: just kidding.

You have a very nice charisma, you'll get plenty of turn undead attempts per day so don't let them just stand there unused. Go through divine feats, they give you the ability to spend turn undead to do something else (like gain damage reduction 5/-, gain fast healing etc etc). Players Handbook 2 has some, Complete Divine ... Probably you won't fight undead through your whole campaign.

Also you should replace one scout level with one ranger level and take Swift Hunter feat (from Complete Scoundrel) which says that your ranger and scout level stack for skirmish damage and AC and for favored enemies. In other words, as ranger1/scout 11 you would have skirmish damage and AC as scout 12 and as many favored enemies as ranger 12. This feat also lets you apply skirmish damage to your favored enemies even if they are immune to precision damage, so you should take constructs as one of your favored enemies.

Also I think that you absolutely have no need to take shot on the run and greatspear. Spiked chain is better:
-10 feet reach and you can also strike those adjacent to you
-it can be used with weapon finesse - you got good dexterity
-excelent for disarming and tripping foes

kyz
2007-06-17, 07:02 PM
I suggest Power attack, Extra turning, and perhaps some metamagic/divine metamagic, like Quicken (instead of persistant, so you are less cheesey)

Drop 5 turns to quicken cast divine power, then righteous might in one round. Get all up ons with your two handed weapon that goes from 2d6 to 2d8 damage (not to mention the insane combat bonuses). Glory is okay, but I suggest Strength.

Power Attack + your cleric level (15) to strength based rolls for 1 round (attack and damage, so remove your whole cleric level from attack and you are tripling your cleric level to damage with a two handed weapon) and Divine power, and righteous Might, and a 2d6 base weapon, and flying?

Pwned.

Wait, so my cleric+RSoP levels would stack for the strength domain granted power? Seriously?

Also, thanks for the suggestions everyone. My feats look a lot better now, especially thanks to the stacking ranger/scout track that somebody suggested (so nice).