PDA

View Full Version : TV Young Justice Season 3 (not out but talk)

t209
2016-02-18, 04:03 PM
So there are talks (http://www.themarysue.com/netflix-reviewing-young-justice/) about Netflix reviving Young Justice for season 3.
So here are my speculation
- Kid Flash is back!
- New Gods!
- Barry Allen will die I mean Kid Flash will become flash.
- Kingdom Come guest star! the one with Nightstar, daughter of Starfire and Nightwing.
- Red Robin! (either Tim Drake or Nightwing is fine)
- entire Marvel family (not Marvel comics, the Shazam ones)!
- Traya Sutton, adopted daughter of Red Tornado!y
and a bit more controversial
- Superboy wearing leather jacket (http://www.writeups.org/img/inset/Superboy_Metropolis_Kid_h.jpg).
- Kid Flash ditching Artemis for Linda Park.
- So killing off other members, ala Teen Titans' reputation.
- Rhonda Pineda Atom, without her turning evil or waffle-stomped.
P.S- Just hope that either Geoff Johns, Dan Didio, or both didn't act as staff for the show, as in head writer or executive power.
"Hi, we're just here to ki...I mean er...I mean give proper conclusion to Kid Flash aka Wally West."*
*Seriously, DC seem to dislike Wally West recently. For those who didn't know, he became the Flash and had twins with Linda Park (sorry, YJ fans, he's already taken before New 52 but at least you would be even more angry at Season 2 finale).

DiscipleofBob
2016-02-18, 04:11 PM
I don't doubt that a hypothetical season 3 would eventually bring back Wally West and more New Gods stuff especially what happened at the end of Season 2.

I hope they don't go kill-crazy like they apparently did off-screen between seasons. Wally and Artemis are a good pairing. They don't need to break them up just to push a one true pairing deal. Besides, Barry and Iris are already having twins.

I'd like to see more about the original Justice Society in this universe. So far all we've got is some exposition stuff from the Red Tornado episode.

Ravager, Starfire, and Raven would make good additions. If Cyborg is added, make him part of the Team and NOT a full League member. Probably one of my least favorite changes in New52 was Cyborg being a founding member.

Aotrs Commander
2016-02-18, 05:33 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed. Netflix would likely be able to do a proper job of it, so if they could that would be great. I would have no expecatations; I'd be quite happy just to see whatever they rolled out, since if it was as good as the previous two it would be brilliant whatever.]

Okay, that said, Megan/Raven/Starfire/Wondergirl on An Adventure would be kinda awesome, though...

(And maybe people will give TTG slightly less flack, because it is fracking hilarious... Never fails to have me in stiches, anyway, but as we've often observed, I AM Evil...)

t209
2016-02-18, 07:24 PM
I hope they don't go kill-crazy like they apparently did off-screen between seasons. Wally and Artemis are a good pairing. They don't need to break them up just to push a one true pairing deal. Besides, Barry and Iris are already having twins.
I meant Irey and Jai, not Don and Dawn Allen (Tornado Twins).
Not to mention that I did say "controversial" (Linda fans vs. Artemis fans).

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-02-18, 07:38 PM
I'm totally feeling the mode...

what ever you do don't crash the mode.

DiscipleofBob
2016-02-18, 08:18 PM
I meant Irey and Jai, not Don and Dawn Allen (Tornado Twins).
Not to mention that I did say "controversial" (Linda fans vs. Artemis fans).

I know, but introducing a new character, breaking up a relationship that's built up well over the rest of the show, and force in a new romantic interest just because Linda's the romantic interest in the comics.

Maybe she can be Wally's wife on Earth-2 or something.

Speaking of which, if they do more investigating into the Speed Force to rescue Wally, that opens up a ton of options in terms of time travel or dimension hopping.

Ooh, you know what Season 3 needs? Booster Gold.

Zmeoaice
2016-02-18, 08:30 PM
I just hope they focus on a linear story and don't go on a tangent here and there. I think season 2 kind of suffered for that, especially how they added 20 new members to the team, they didn't have time to develop the whole cast.

I sure hope Darkseid is as awesome as he looks.

t209
2016-02-18, 09:30 PM
(And maybe people will give TTG slightly less flack, because it is fracking hilarious... Never fails to have me in stiches, anyway, but as we've often observed, I AM Evil...)
And to be honest,
they did had Terra to be more accurate to its original adaptation.
Not a sarcasm but Terra was evil spy in original Judas Contract and lack sympathetic moments, minus the icky part (sleeping with Deathstroke/Slade, psychopathic, and smoker).
Also she's pretty much Ramsey Bolton of Teen Titans since she's also illegitimate daughter of a king. Luckily, she's full sibling in Teen Titans show, based on this comic (https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2102453.html). More funnier is that Teen Titans was actually supposed to be Young Justice with the Teen Titans Go comic drawn by Todd Nauck (YJ artist) and YJ series was based on Geoff John's ensemble (I don't know but people hate Superboy in that comic but liked him in series) but sounded like "rebranded Johns' Teen Titans".
:smalleek: Does it this Bart Allen going to get his leg shot?

Lacuna Caster
2016-02-19, 05:56 AM
...Dare I hope? Give voice to the leaping joy that swells within my breast? Or avert my eyes from the fragile promise, so easily splintered?

I had exactly zero complaints with Season 2, so I don't even want to speculate about what might happen in case I jinx it. Everybody pay attention and... nobody breathe.

Quild
2016-02-19, 09:49 AM
There's quite nothing official, so I don't have much hope :/

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-02-19, 06:36 PM
Ooh, you know what Season 3 needs? Booster Gold.
yes...oh yes it does... maybe bombshell too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombshell_(DC_Comics)

t209
2016-02-19, 07:58 PM
Something from YJ comic, which is less-darker than the series but still has its tragic moments. To be fair, the YJ was based on Teen Titans with Geoff Johns cast.
https://40.media.tumblr.com/19b57fdee02418043f03d67068cec835/tumblr_nuj96haqGq1tbbb5xo1_1280.png
Yeah, not only the series but I kinda want the comic back except with different cast (most of them are teens and adults by DC time, depends if they aren't retconned yet but Bart Allen is somehow Bar-Tor now) too.

The New Bruceski
2016-02-20, 06:31 PM
Isn't Warner pulling all their shows from Netflix to make their own streaming site (with blackjack and hookers)?

t209
2016-02-20, 09:00 PM
Isn't Warner pulling all their shows from Netflix to make their own streaming site (with blackjack and hookers)?
Last time I check, it's still on.

The Fury
2016-02-24, 05:09 PM
... I have to admit, the very fact that it's a rumored return of a beloved show really makes me want to be a total wet blanket about this. I'll refrain though, just because the way Season 2 ended actually makes me really want to see a third season. Also, y'know-- it'd just be bad manners. Here's my own hopes for it:

-Wally West stays dead. Nothing against the character, I actually really liked him. But I feel like having a character die, but not really is kind of tired in superhero fiction. It was handled well with Artemis but I'm not so sure I'd want to see that again. Bart Allen/Impulse is already taking over as Kid Flash, maybe he'll be the one to succeed Barry Allen as The Flash later on.

-Cheshire becomes a nominal member of the team. I get the impression that she's trying to do better, what with helping Red Arrow get closure with "original" Roy Harper, and avenge Artemis when she believed her to be dead. However, it's pretty clear that while she may want to be a better wife/sister/mother she's still bad at it and will have to work hard to earn everyone's trust.

-Darkseid... Just Darkseid. I honestly just want to see where this goes.

t209
2016-02-24, 07:22 PM
... I have to admit, the very fact that it's a rumored return of a beloved show really makes me want to be a total wet blanket about this. I'll refrain though, just because the way Season 2 ended actually makes me really want to see a third season. Also, y'know-- it'd just be bad manners. Here's my own hopes for it:

-Wally West stays dead. Nothing against the character, I actually really liked him. But I feel like having a character die, but not really is kind of tired in superhero fiction. It was handled well with Artemis but I'm not so sure I'd want to see that again. Bart Allen/Impulse is already taking over as Kid Flash, maybe he'll be the one to succeed Barry Allen as The Flash later on.

-Cheshire becomes a nominal member of the team. I get the impression that she's trying to do better, what with helping Red Arrow get closure with "original" Roy Harper, and avenge Artemis when she believed her to be dead. However, it's pretty clear that while she may want to be a better wife/sister/mother she's still bad at it and will have to work hard to earn everyone's trust.

One note:
Just hope Dan Didio and/or Geoff Johns didn't join as writing team. I know that Geoff Johns' Titan was basis for this show but can't forgive for erasing Wally in Flashpoint. Ironically people hated when Superboy dropped the leather jacket and fun personality in his comic though.
Also trying to make The Culling canon.
edit: I don't know if they should have Monsieur Mallah's "relationship" since 1. homosexuals is iffy to show on kid's show (Korra did have controversy for her new girlfriend) 2. disembodied brain and a gorilla as couple. I think Teen Titans Go should have that awkward part of Doom Patrol mythos.

The Fury
2016-02-26, 08:32 AM
edit: I don't know if they should have Monsieur Mallah's "relationship" since 1. homosexuals is iffy to show on kid's show (Korra did have controversy for her new girlfriend) 2. disembodied brain and a gorilla as couple. I think Teen Titans Go should have that awkward part of Doom Patrol mythos.

Going back to the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon, M. Mallah and The Brain could be a couple even though it's not explicitly stated to be so.

Unity
2016-02-26, 04:15 PM
If this does happen I really hope they have a more digestible storyline and smaller 'family' of characters to focus on. I loved Season 1. Fell head over heels for the series. But then Season 2 kinda started out rough for me and there were so many characters, it was hard to invest and care for some of them. Recently binged watched YJ on Netflix... felt good :)

lord_khaine
2016-02-26, 04:28 PM
I personally LOVED the complexity and depth of Season 2, it were extremely well carried out and had me on the edge of the seat.

But i would certainly hate that a relationship that have had so much buildup got broken up just because of comic stuff.

Else, i will also add my voice to being annoyed with Cyborg suddenly being a founding JLA member, just because they want to round out a racial profile.
Would honestly have prefered if they had just instead given John Jonz another human identity.

Ramza00
2016-02-27, 09:55 AM
Sigh Wally West (Kid Flash) was one of the best characters of Young Justice but he was "written out" and unless they want to provide a resurrection (which I am against in principle) we lost one of the best characters of Young Justice.

----

If Young Justice does come back I hope it is better than Season 2 Invasion.

BWR
2016-02-27, 10:40 AM
If they bring back Wally I'm guessing they'd do some sort of 'absorbed by the Speed Force' thing and have him be rescued somehow, probably with a power increase (or maybe losing it altogether so he can retire for good).
Honestly, I'd be fine either way. I appreciate it when there are real consequences for dying in stories but given the genre I just shrug and accept silly revivals, especially if there is some sort of precedent for it.

I liked season 2. Perhaps not as much as season 1 but it was still damn good. The first episode had us wondering what the hell was going on and why there were so many new characters. We wanted the old, small gang back, the comfort of the familiar dynamic. But throughout the first couple of episodes we were captivated by the things happening and the cliff hangers and the hints of something larger looming on the horizon. We were drawn in and felt the writers did an amazing job of springing a ton of new characters on us, giving them good and vivid personalities with what limited screen time they had. And I think one of the reasons s2 worked was not only good characters but that things changed. There was a natural evolution of the world, the JL and the Team. Things change, people change, things happen. Keeping everything as it was at the end of s1 in terms of Team membership and Team/JL relations might have worked well, probably would have worked well, but so did the changes.

lord_khaine
2016-02-27, 10:42 AM
Well, i would say though, that Wally did not as much die as just vanish.
When there isnt a body left, you dont need a ressurection arc, a resque one is enough.

Lacuna Caster
2016-02-27, 10:43 AM
I personally LOVED the complexity and depth of Season 2, it were extremely well carried out and had me on the edge of the seat.

Same here. I was fond enough of season 1, but season 2 definitely kicked things up a notch.

Xondoure
2016-02-27, 05:16 PM
I honestly feel that if season 2 had had 5 more episodes to flesh out its characters the scattered feeling would have vanished altogether. Even with only 20, I quite liked how they balanced the personal focus on the old guard with the host of new characters. I'm excited to see where they go from here, and which characters are going to step up to center stage should we actually get a season 3. Here's hoping Batgirl fills the leadership role with aplomb.

chainer1216
2016-02-29, 01:15 AM
Wally isn't dead, he was never intended to be dead.

Him getting stuck in the speed force is a signature part of the Wally West character, he's known for having the strongest connection to the speed force of the Flash family.

t209
2016-02-29, 01:47 AM
Wally isn't dead, he was never intended to be dead.

Him getting stuck in the speed force is a signature part of the Wally West character, he's known for having the strongest connection to the speed force of the Flash family.
Yeah, but DC seems to hate him recently. The more I read about Wally West, the more I get angry with Season 2 finale since they basically erased him from existence TWICE. I know he's cleaned up to some extent but he's still not Wally that we know and love (Kind, fun loving wise cracker). Flash TV Series didn't make him but give him the same age as Barry (ummm, does that mean that his kid will be Kid Flash instead? Like Irey West or Wally West Jr.)
I mean imagine an episode where Yj ended up in a universe where Peter David's Young Justice and Wally is the Flash with Irey and Jai West from Linda.
That would be heartbreaking if that universe's Wally saw Barry's face (maybe a nod to Crisis on Infinite Earth where Barry died saving the world and Wally taking his role).
And Superboy's somewhat awkward reaction to seeing his own version who's fun character, Tim Drake being the leader, and Traya Sutton.

t209
2016-03-24, 07:50 PM
http://devilkais.deviantart.com/art/A-little-talk-about-Superboy-288207344
So anyone feel like if they will have YJ equivalent of Earth 2, at least pre-New 52 idealistic side, where...
- Garth is Aqualad and the "team" was known as Teen Titans.
- Young Justice based on Fun!version with Impulse (either Irey or Bart is fine), Tim Drake, Superboy, Arrowette, and Cassie Sandmark.
- Fun!Superboy vs. Johns!Superboy
- Best of all, Wally West as Flash with family made up of Linda Park, Irey and Jai. With Barry dying instead of him in that timeline.
- Damian Wayne as Robin, Tim Drake as Red Robin, and possibly Grayson as batman.
- Justice Society of America, including Star Girl and Captain Marvel.
- YJ!Cheshire horrified at what alternate!Cheshire's nuking Qurac.
Well, that was based on how they will deal with introducing Damian despite having Tim Drake as new Robin.

Blackhawk748
2016-03-24, 10:30 PM
Probably one of my least favorite changes in New52 was Cyborg being a founding member.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What the frell DC?? Do you not understand your audience at all? Well theres another thing to toss on the "New52 sucks" pile.

I just hope they focus on a linear story and don't go on a tangent here and there. I think season 2 kind of suffered for that, especially how they added 20 new members to the team, they didn't have time to develop the whole cast.

I sure hope Darkseid is as awesome as he looks.

I agree here, other than adding the rest of the Titans (as we already have 2 of the 5) id be fine with keeping Season 2s cast. Static Shock getting some more screen time will never be bad IMO.

Generally i would agree with Dead people staying Dead, but Wally's death felt like such a cheap shot at the end of the series that i want it retconned. Seriously, it added nothing as that was the end of the frelling show.

t209
2016-03-25, 12:13 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What the frell DC?? Do you not understand your audience at all? Well theres another thing to toss on the "New52 sucks" pile.
I wonder if Geoff Johns has been watching Superfriends when he had him as founding members. Not to mention trying to make Shazam as Beast Boy.

Generally i would agree with Dead people staying Dead, but Wally's death felt like such a cheap shot at the end of the series that i want it retconned. Seriously, it added nothing as that was the end of the frelling show.
Well, I keep wondering about alternate-Earth episodes where they met Wally as an adult Flash (later explaining that he's not trapped Wally but the one who lost his uncle to an event to save the world and had to take his reign) and both he and The Team dealing with loss.
I don't know but I feel that it kinda reflected how much DC hated him now. I mean it wasn't help that he appeared after Flashpoint had him erased from existence along with Bart Allen. Now, Wally's a jerk and Bart's a back-stabbing monster now.
https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4280336.html (Also an aborted series made by Nick Spencer)
I don't know but I kinda began to check some Wally's Flash run and made me more mad about that finale.

The Fury
2016-03-26, 10:46 AM

Honestly? Cyborg being a founding member never bugged me that much. The portrayal of Roy Harper though-- y'know, bro-dawg Roy Harper, That made me give up completely on the New 52. Though in fairness, I might have been able to tolerate him if he didn't appear alongside that controversial take on Starfire and that version of Jason Todd... that was still Jason Todd.

As for Wally and dead people staying dead, I could see how you could find that death sort of cheap. I still don't want to see it undone for one basic reason-- sacrifice. Throughout Season 2 it's pretty clear that Wally doesn't want to be Kid Flash anymore. Why isn't explored in as great a detail as I'd like, but he'd apparently much rather have a quiet life with Artemis. Though as much as Wally says that he's done being Kid Flash, he's still willing to put the suit on when the situation demands it, which is eventually what kills him in the finale. Yet in dying, he saves everyone. Having it turn out that he's not "for really-realz dead!" takes away what teeth that sacrifice had, in my opinion anyway.

Xondoure
2016-03-26, 11:09 AM
Honestly? Cyborg being a founding member never bugged me that much. The portrayal of Roy Harper though-- y'know, bro-dawg Roy Harper, That made me give up completely on the New 52. Though in fairness, I might have been able to tolerate him if he didn't appear alongside that controversial take on Starfire and that version of Jason Todd... that was still Jason Todd.

As for Wally and dead people staying dead, I could see how you could find that death sort of cheap. I still don't want to see it undone for one basic reason-- sacrifice. Throughout Season 2 it's pretty clear that Wally doesn't want to be Kid Flash anymore. Why isn't explored in as great a detail as I'd like, but he'd apparently much rather have a quiet life with Artemis. Though as much as Wally says that he's done being Kid Flash, he's still willing to put the suit on when the situation demands it, which is eventually what kills him in the finale. Yet in dying, he saves everyone. Having it turn out that he's not "for really-realz dead!" takes away what teeth that sacrifice had, in my opinion anyway.

Resurrection does tend to deaden the impact of sacrifices. A fact comic books especially know all to well. However, considering Wally regularly gets swallowed by the speed force, I would be shocked if that wasn't where this was headed. As much as I would be okay with an actual honest to goodness permanent sacrifice, I wouldn't feel cheated by this one being temporary. I guess part of it is an expectations game. As much as I hate to link to tvtropes If there's nothing to bury... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverFoundTheBody)

t209
2016-03-26, 11:16 AM

Like reverse-Crisis on Infinite Earths?
So in Crisis on Infinite Earths, Wally was supposed to be retired as Kid Flash after some problems with his speed due to hitting puberty and limits things. Then he joined up with Barry on fighting Anti-Monitor but turned out differently (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ozkVsgQ0fEU/VSGGTdzE43I/AAAAAAAAIHc/sT9YVrpnNA4/s1600/Crisis%2Bbarry-allen-death.jpg) from Season 2 finale. See that panel with Wally? Except Barry decided to go to the cannon, used Psycho Pirate to mind control the guards to distract anti-monitor, and finally used his super speed the contain the explosion before running himself to death at least 30 years ago.
Then Wally had to take up his costume so that Flash legacy can live again.
http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths-12-1986.jpg
Not to mention that this is the Flash that many people knew him from Justice League and release of Young Justice that coincide with post-Flashpoint Wally's erasure.

Ramza00
2016-03-26, 12:47 PM

Question, you brought up roy harper and I am not that familiar with the Teen Titan Universe and the New 52 but something you said made me think of it.

About Starfire? Did she date Roy Harper, and almost marry Dic k Grayson? I ask for that is like having fraternal twins and you dated the first twin and then almost marry the second twin

t209
2016-03-26, 01:22 PM
Question, you brought up roy harper and I am not that familiar with the Teen Titan Universe and the New 52 but something you said made me think of it.

About Starfire? Did she date Roy Harper, and almost marry Dic k Grayson? I ask for that is like having fraternal twins and you dated the first twin and then almost marry the second twin

Well, Grayson and Harper were of a friends than relatives.
But in the comics, Grayson and Starfire were couple in Pre-New 52 but no relations with Harper.
In New 52, Roy Harper and Jason Todd were members of Outlaws, aka Mercenaries. And Starfire was a "bit" more promiscuous than the pre-New 52 (I know about comics but that had more to do with nudism and some "bloodthristy nature" than that horrible part). But Issue 6 showed that Jason Todd and Starefire's relation was less-about sex and more about talking.

Blackhawk748
2016-04-04, 05:52 PM

Having watched Justice League War, i ma now less anoyed as he just happened to be there when it all went down. Im more annoyed with how Wonder Woman is being portrayed.

t209
2016-04-05, 03:17 AM
Having watched Justice League War, i ma now less anoyed as he just happened to be there when it all went down. Im more annoyed with how Wonder Woman is being portrayed.
Seriously, if she was back before new 52
- she would respected the host based on Xenia, which even Greek amazons would respect even as warriors.
- would kindly talk with the protestors and even offer compensation.
- would not go around pointing sword at people.
Not to mention Shazam lacking pure of heart and act more like Beast Boy from Teen Totans cartoon.

The Fury
2016-04-05, 08:56 AM
Well, Grayson and Harper were of a friends than relatives.
But in the comics, Grayson and Starfire were couple in Pre-New 52 but no relations with Harper.
In New 52, Roy Harper and Jason Todd were members of Outlaws, aka Mercenaries. And Starfire was a "bit" more promiscuous than the pre-New 52 (I know about comics but that had more to do with nudism and some "bloodthristy nature" than that horrible part). But Issue 6 showed that Jason Todd and Starefire's relation was less-about sex and more about talking.

I wouldn't know, I only read the first two issues and I didn't like them. Like I said, I thought they were bad enough that I gave up on the New 52 altogether. Though I'll admit that as controversial as that depiction of Starfire was, I didn't find her offensive. I found her boring.

lord_khaine
2016-04-05, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't know, I only read the first two issues and I didn't like them. Like I said, I thought they were bad enough that I gave up on the New 52 altogether. Though I'll admit that as controversial as that depiction of Starfire was, I didn't find her offensive. I found her boring.

Everything i have seen of New 52 so far has made me groan.

And Justice League War were especially horrible in that regard, it were less a movie and more a recorded character murder.. :smallmad:

It also annoyes me Cyborg is suddenly a founding JLA member now. Would rather prefer they had just turned Martian Manhunter black instead if the wanted to diversify the cast.

t209
2016-04-05, 11:54 AM
That's also the point.
Sure, you can say that old-Starfire (Poofy hair one) is a bit raunchy but she did have bubbly personality and friendly (if a bit-blood thirsty in first run) instead of "I want to have sex" version.
Yeah, people may find her as odd when they first know her from cartoon but the old comics' Starfire is same as series if it's for "mature" audience.
And much more weirded out if they read the comic version of Young Justice. Seriously, that Superboy is much more interesting than TV Series.