PDA

View Full Version : How would you build kirito

Sir cryosin
2016-02-18, 05:46 PM
What feats, ASI , class or classes would you use to build like Kirito. And just for fun how you you build Bell from ( is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon ).

Than
2016-02-18, 09:24 PM
Still considering Kirito (probably ranger...?) but Bell I'm going straight for Arcane Trickster archetype Rogue.

Edit: Yeah, I'll say probably Hunter archetype Ranger with a melee focus (this is the SAO Kirito). Giant Killer, Multiattack Defense, Whirlwind Attack, Uncanny Dodge. Spend an ability point increase to acquire the Dual Wielder feat.

Changing the spells you use (or method of roleplaying them) wouldn't be too hard to use the same setup for the Elfheim version. GGO version could probably be made with Matt Mercer's Gunslinger available on the Dungeon Master's Guild website.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-18, 10:23 PM
For Bell I thought arcane trickster to but I think a little fighter mix in could fit to with action surge and a extra attack.

Gastronomie
2016-02-19, 12:56 AM
Something like the Battle Master is required to show the fact he has "fighting skills", but just that isn't enough. You need to homebrew some sort of hell broken mechanism to make it be Kirito, because if the Kirito build is balanced and can work together with the other players, he really isn't Kirito anymore. *Insert trollface*

But honestly, it's either the multiattack and Action Surge ability of the high-level fighter, or the Smiting magic the Paladin gets to somehow activate something resembling his HISSATU WAZA (SUTAABAASUTO SUTORIIMU and ZA EKURIPUSU).

Also you need two magical swords of Legendary rarity (or even artifacts), each named DARK REPULSER and ELUCYDATA.

Talamare
2016-02-19, 02:14 AM
Well Kirito's main ability is that he isn't able to be detected by the scanner, so some alter self style magic and eventually polymorph would be ideal. That should also cover his multiple personality, especially since his different personalities have different skills.

So a Bard would probably be the ideal class for Kamui. Maybe like 2 levels in Ranger to give him decent ranged abilities for it to be a nod towards his gunhandling.

GanonBoar
2016-02-19, 04:04 AM
If you're talking Aincrad Arc, then probably just 20 Champion fighter with Dual Wielder and TWF with Longswords. No magic in SAO, remember? Battlemaster is an option but honestly Kirito is less battle tactics and more just general overpoweredness.

If you're talking Fairy Arc, then Arcane Trickster? I mean he uses Illusion magic but still is mostly melee, although TWF on Rogues that aren't Swashbucklers isn't exactly optimised... Alternatively, you could multiclass Illusion Wizard and Fighter, but the main point is that Kirito uses magic very rarely, and so far I'm pretty sure he's only used Illusion magic(?).

And for Phantom Bullet arc... this is when we start to slip into the realm of homebrew. A Sun Blade could be his saber thing and a hand crossbow for his pistol maybe? Main problem is you can't dual wield melee and ranged like he does in the series.

Talamare
2016-02-19, 04:19 AM
And for Phantom Bullet arc... this is when we start to slip into the realm of homebrew. A Sun Blade could be his saber thing and a hand crossbow for his pistol maybe? Main problem is you can't dual wield melee and ranged like he does in the series.

If you ignore the errata for Crossbow Expertise you can
and honestly, it wasn't overpowered before the Errata...

GanonBoar
2016-02-19, 07:49 AM
If you ignore the errata for Crossbow Expertise you can
and honestly, it wasn't overpowered before the Errata...
Um, no. You can only two weapon fight with melee weapons. Although, with the extra attack feature, you could theoretically dual wield them as you could make one attack with a crossbow and one (or all the rest if you're a fighter) with a sword. Crossbow expert lets you mix and match.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-19, 09:03 AM
Now that I think about it a monk with two short swords or magic longswords that can be use as monk weapons. And maybe 2 lvls of fighter and I think you have a build that would fit kirito specs.

GanonBoar
2016-02-19, 12:04 PM
IMO, monk is a terrible idea for Kirito. None of the abilities really fit and they don't get longswords-which are basically his defining aspect! Also, Kirito never punches.

Segev
2016-02-19, 12:29 PM
I'd go straight battle master. The superiority dice and maneuvers are there to represent his sword arts. I believe fighter can pick up dual wield. A lot of his "perks" are just being higher level than most people or best represented by unique items.

Give him a Belt of Giant Strength (yes, yes, invalidating all of his ASIs into Strength, but it's the only way to represent that he's probably got a Strength of around 30), and give him really cool magic item swords. In Gun Gale Online, he has a magic sword and either a unique Martial Maneuver or the sword gives a unique capability to deflect bullets. I think the former, though, because he can also dodge them better than anybody.

His personality changes a lot in all of the arcs, but it's most noticeable between his attitude by GGO and how he started Aincrad. All of that is really good character development. But reflecting him being a base fighter early on, then picking up Battle Master and learning tactics and skills as he leveled up would be an accurate representation.

He might have a 3-level dip into Feylock by ALO; he clearly has a pixie familiar who is also his patron. That could explain the few times he uses illusion magic.

Talamare
2016-02-19, 01:22 PM
Um, no. You can only two weapon fight with melee weapons. Although, with the extra attack feature, you could theoretically dual wield them as you could make one attack with a crossbow and one (or all the rest if you're a fighter) with a sword. Crossbow expert lets you mix and match.

Crossbow Expert even AFTER the Errata STILL let's you Dual Wield Hand Crossbows, so you're just wrong (You just can't reload them)

Reloading aspect is really the only thing they changed about Crossbow Expert, and if you ignore the Errata which again it wasn't an overpowered build. A lot of math even kinda of proved that you're better off just using a Heavy Crossbow if you wanted to use Crossbows. Then you're able to do Kirigaya's Sword and Gun, just fine.

GanonBoar
2016-02-19, 02:29 PM
Crossbow Expert even AFTER the Errata STILL let's you Dual Wield Hand Crossbows, so you're just wrong (You just can't reload them)

Reloading aspect is really the only thing they changed about Crossbow Expert, and if you ignore the Errata which again it wasn't an overpowered build. A lot of math even kinda of proved that you're better off just using a Heavy Crossbow if you wanted to use Crossbows. Then you're able to do Kirigaya's Sword and Gun, just fine.
YOU. CANNOT. TWO. WEAPON. FIGHT. WITH. RANGED. WEAPONS.

Holding one in each hand is possible, and with Crossbow Expert and Extra Attack you could simulate dual wielding them, but Two Weapon Fighting is what most people are talking about when they say dual wielding, which you can only do with one handed light melee weapons (or just all one handed weapons with the dual wielder feat).

Segev
2016-02-19, 02:48 PM
Holding one in each hand is possible, and with Crossbow Expert and Extra Attack you could simulate dual wielding them, but Two Weapon Fighting is what most people are talking about when they say dual wielding, which you can only do with one handed light melee weapons (or just all one handed weapons with the dual wielder feat).

Coincidentally, that's what Kirito used in ALO during the Jotunheim arc: dual wield wasn't a skill, but he just swapped which sword he was using for his "basic" attacks, serially.

Talamare
2016-02-19, 03:16 PM
YOU. CANNOT. TWO. WEAPON. FIGHT. WITH. RANGED. WEAPONS.

"Yelling" or I should say "capitalizing your letters", doesn't make you correct.

Crossbow Expert - "When you use the Attack action and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a loaded hand crossbow you are holding"

TWF - "When you take the Attack action with a light melee weapon that you're holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you're holding in the other hand."

Okay, so mechanically they are the same

Now let's break Crossbow Expert down
"When you use the Attack action, and attack with a one-handed weapon."

Interesting, it just so happens that... the hand crossbow is in fact... a one handed weapon!
Which means that I may now "use a bonus action to attack with a loaded hand crossbow you are holding" coincidentally, my other hand ALSO has a hand crossbow.

Well, look at that. I just used this Feat to attack at level 1 (Variant Human) with 2 one handed hand crossbows on the same turn!

GanonBoar
2016-02-19, 04:10 PM
"Yelling" or I should say "capitalizing your letters", doesn't make you correct.

Crossbow Expert - "When you use the Attack action and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a loaded hand crossbow you are holding"

TWF - "When you take the Attack action with a light melee weapon that you're holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you're holding in the other hand."

Okay, so mechanically they are the same

Now let's break Crossbow Expert down
"When you use the Attack action, and attack with a one-handed weapon."

Interesting, it just so happens that... the hand crossbow is in fact... a one handed weapon!
Which means that I may now "use a bonus action to attack with a loaded hand crossbow you are holding" coincidentally, my other hand ALSO has a hand crossbow.

Well, look at that. I just used this Feat to attack at level 1 (Variant Human) with 2 one handed hand crossbows on the same turn!

Yes, mechanically they are similar, but you could have been more specific. Also, they're not even the same mechanically as TWF doesn't let you add your ability modifier to the damage of the second weapon. While it achieves a similar thing, they are still two different things, and so it doesn't count as TWF or dual wielding.

GM_3826
2016-02-19, 04:46 PM
Both of these characters are impossible to adapt wholesale into D&D because D&D is not an anime and, more importantly, anime is not D&D. Even if an anime is inspired by D&D is not forced to work by it's rules. I've never really watched nor read Sword Art Online but I can definitively say that Bell's signature abilities do not work in D&D because Danmachi, surprisingly, takes a more realistic view when it comes to level progression: For anyone besides Bell, leveling up takes about the same amount of effort it takes to become an amazing combatant and lift tons upon tons in real life. Bell not following those rules is kind of the point of his character: The fact that he fits more into a regular RPG than his own universe. That said, both character's general fighting style can work.

If you want to fight like Kirito, play as a human so you can get the Dual Wielding feat right off the bat. Using the starting gold (hopefully your DM will allow these optional rules!), pick up two rapiers. D&D 5e assumes that you can refluff your weapons as necessary, so if you absolutely need a katana you should be capable of doing that. Play as a Fighter, use the Two-Weapon Fighting style and go Battle Master. (Even if manuevers aren't an exact comparison, Manuevers fit Kirito's Dexterity-heavy fighting style. He is a duelist who makes use of quick reflexes, not a warrior or a mage). The only thing left is the background. Go Folk Hero. Kirito is the hero wherever he goes; It's part of why the series is so infamous. It also fits his nature as an everyman hero, more than anything else.

As for Bell, he's also a human (which is even more obvious considering that his verse does, in fact, have fantasy races such as elves and dwarves.) It's rare for Bell to use anything other than a dagger, so start with that and some light armor. Now, here's where things get interesting. Arcane Trickster seems like it fits him to a great extent, but the spell Bell uses the most is a classic Evocation spell. Also, Bell's fighting style, while quick, is less focused on Dexterity and more on everything (the only D&D stat that it makes sense for him to dump is Wisdom, and Danmachi uses entirely different stats). Bell also wears light armor; he doesn't go armorless. Thus, it makes a lot more sense for him to be Eldritch Knight, especially considering the limited spell list (which would require a long explanation in order to get across why exactly this is a good thing.) A Warlock with some sort of custom pact would also make a degree of sense, but that depends on whether you want to emulate the Hestia Knife and Bell's relationship with the goddess. Eldritch Knight works well enough, especially considering the Weapon Bonddoes a bit of that already. Finally, the background. Bell is a pretty stereotypical farm boy character, so again Folk Hero. And yes, that was a lot longer. I'm a fan.

TL:DR Human Battle Master Kirito sounds good, but Bell should be an Eldritch Knight instead.

Segev
2016-02-19, 04:58 PM
Kirito's defining stat is Strength. If you go dex-heavy, it should only be to exploit "knowing" that you're giving him a Belt of Giant Strength later on.

He also doesn't need Dual Wield at first level; in-story, he obtained it rather late in his leveling career.

Also, I don't think he ever used a katana. His swords are always more longswords, if not greatswords that he's one-handing through sheer brute strength.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-19, 05:00 PM
Both of these characters are impossible to adapt wholesale into D&D because D&D is not an anime and, more importantly, anime is not D&D. Even if an anime is inspired by D&D is not forced to work by it's rules. I've never really watched nor read Sword Art Online but I can definitively say that Bell's signature abilities do not work in D&D because Danmachi, surprisingly, takes a more realistic view when it comes to level progression: For anyone besides Bell, leveling up takes about the same amount of effort it takes to become an amazing combatant and lift tons upon tons in real life. Bell not following those rules is kind of the point of his character: The fact that he fits more into a regular RPG than his own universe. That said, both character's general fighting style can work.

If you want to fight like Kirito, play as a human so you can get the Dual Wielding feat right off the bat. Using the starting gold (hopefully your DM will allow these optional rules!), pick up two rapiers. D&D 5e assumes that you can refluff your weapons as necessary, so if you absolutely need a katana you should be capable of doing that. Play as a Fighter, use the Two-Weapon Fighting style and go Battle Master. (Even if manuevers aren't an exact comparison, Manuevers fit Kirito's Dexterity-heavy fighting style. He is a duelist who makes use of quick reflexes, not a warrior or a mage). The only thing left is the background. Go Folk Hero. Kirito is the hero wherever he goes; It's part of why the series is so infamous. It also fits his nature as an everyman hero, more than anything else.

As for Bell, he's also a human (which is even more obvious considering that his verse does, in fact, have fantasy races such as elves and dwarves.) It's rare for Bell to use anything other than a dagger, so start with that and some light armor. Now, here's where things get interesting. Arcane Trickster seems like it fits him to a great extent, but the spell Bell uses the most is a classic Evocation spell. Also, Bell's fighting style, while quick, is less focused on Dexterity and more on everything (the only D&D stat that it makes sense for him to dump is Wisdom, and Danmachi uses entirely different stats). Bell also wears light armor; he doesn't go armorless. Thus, it makes a lot more sense for him to be Eldritch Knight, especially considering the limited spell list (which would require a long explanation in order to get across why exactly this is a good thing.) A Warlock with some sort of custom pact would also make a degree of sense, but that depends on whether you want to emulate the Hestia Knife and Bell's relationship with the goddess. Eldritch Knight works well enough, especially considering the Weapon Bonddoes a bit of that already. Finally, the background. Bell is a pretty stereotypical farm boy character, so again Folk Hero. And yes, that was a lot longer. I'm a fan.

TL:DR Human Battle Master Kirito sounds good, but Bell should be an Eldritch Knight instead.

I would have to disagree with you on Bell arcane trickster fits better sneak attack fits nicely to the fact that Bell gets so much stronger quickly. Bell fighting style is speed dodging a rouges uncanny dodge evasion and other things. Now that I think mybe a swashbuckler eldritch knight mc for Bell.

GM_3826
2016-02-19, 05:03 PM
Kirito's defining stat is Strength. If you go dex-heavy, it should only be to exploit "knowing" that you're giving him a Belt of Giant Strength later on.

He also doesn't need Dual Wield at first level; in-story, he obtained it rather late in his leveling career.

Also, I don't think he ever used a katana. His swords are always more longswords, if not greatswords that he's one-handing through sheer brute strength.

...Good point. I should have specified that I'm not really an expert on Sword Art Online. I was mostly going off how one of my sword obsessed friends accidentally emulated him. I've ultimately only watched the Sword Art Online arc itself of said anime and lost interest afterwards. Not because there were fairies; Mostly because I got the distinct feeling the plot was over and it was just romance from then on.

As for Bell... Yeah, I think I know enough about him and the series to give at least a rudimentary opinion on him. And, at the very least, Bell isn't meant to adapt so smoothly into a "traditional" RPG.

I would have to disagree with you on Bell arcane trickster fits better sneak attack fits nicely to the fact that Bell gets so much stronger quickly. Bell fighting style is speed dodging a rouges uncanny dodge evasion and other things. Now that I think mybe a swashbuckler eldritch knight mc for Bell.

I never said that Arcane Trickster didn't fit nicely, especially considering that Bell is a rogue type of character in the first place (or at least I didn't mean to say that.) it's certainly a good alternative. But when you get right down to it, Bell is dressed in light armor, literally firing spells, and fighting the enemy head-on. He fits the Eldritch Knight style of play best. Sneak Attack seems to work, but then you consider how out of character it is for him to stab anything but the heart of the enemy and it all crumbles. It doesn't help that Bell seems to be capable and willing to use any weapon, not just daggers and other "simple" weapons. And you shouldn't really be trying to emulate how broken he is, anyhow.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-19, 05:05 PM

Your right. Kirito main stats are str con and dex in that order. Then int because he had the skill investigation pretty high to.

Segev
2016-02-19, 05:08 PM
...Good point. I should have specified that I'm not really an expert on Sword Art Online. I was mostly going off how one of my sword obsessed friends accidentally emulated him. I've ultimately only watched the Sword Art Online arc itself of said anime and lost interest afterwards. Not because there were fairies; Mostly because I got the distinct feeling the plot was over and it was just romance from then on.

As for Bell... Yeah, I think I know enough about him and the series to give at least a rudimentary opinion on him. And, at the very least, Bell isn't meant to adapt so smoothly into a "traditional" RPG.

I'm currently re-watching SAO, myself, with a friend who hasn't seen it before. I actually recommend going on; it's not "just a romance;" Kirito's character development is rather fascinating to watch, and the arcs are each their own story. After the ALO one (with the fairies, which actually has little to do with romance despite Kirito's motivation throughout...and the romance upon which it touches is not what you might expect), you get a totally different one in season 2 with what could be a romance...if Kirito weren't spoken for. And it advances things about his own goals. Then the arc after that is a bit of fluff, but it's fun fluff and lasts for 3 episodes. And the arc after that...goes several directions, and is also well done. It expands more on Asuna, as well, and could be argued for a good portion of it to be more about her than Kirito, for once.

GM_3826
2016-02-19, 05:13 PM
I'm currently re-watching SAO, myself, with a friend who hasn't seen it before. I actually recommend going on; it's not "just a romance;" Kirito's character development is rather fascinating to watch, and the arcs are each their own story. After the ALO one (with the fairies, which actually has little to do with romance despite Kirito's motivation throughout...and the romance upon which it touches is not what you might expect), you get a totally different one in season 2 with what could be a romance...if Kirito weren't spoken for. And it advances things about his own goals. Then the arc after that is a bit of fluff, but it's fun fluff and lasts for 3 episodes. And the arc after that...goes several directions, and is also well done. It expands more on Asuna, as well, and could be argued for a good portion of it to be more about her than Kirito, for once.

Maybe when I go on another anime binge.

Friv
2016-02-19, 05:21 PM
I don't know Bell, but for Kirito:

At Level 1, you go with a standard human fighter. Take Defense as his combat style, because Kirito is good at avoiding blows, and prioritize Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Charisma. If you've got a standard spread, that gives you Str 16, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 11, Cha 9. He's primarily strong and good at figuring out tactics; he's decently fast and tough, but he gets caught off guard from time to time, and nobody really likes him.

Then you:
(1) Tell all the players there are no respawns, and if their character dies you're booting them from the game, and
(2) give Kirito's player a copy of the DM's adventure for the first four levels, and let him solo play on the same timeframe as the other players. Make sure the dungeon is filled with secret treasures and puzzle monsters. He should hit Level 6 by the time the rest of the party is Level 2-3.

At Level 3, Kirito takes Battlemaster, because it's right up his alley. At Level 4, he takes Str 18. At Level 6, he develops Dual Wielding, and at Level 8 he finally starts interacting with other people correctly and picks up Wis 12 and Cha 10. At this point, random strangers mostly stop instinctively disliking him, and people who spend enough time with him to not be put off by his bad social skills start actually liking him. Most of SAO takes place in the post-Level 8 stage.

Talamare
2016-02-19, 05:25 PM
Your right. Kirito main stats are str con and dex in that order. Then int because he had the skill investigation pretty high to.

I don't know, he never seemed like the toughest in the bunch. I think Klein was a little tougher. Agil and Lisbeth were definitely fairly tough despite being vastly below his level.
I think STR & DEX are his most important stats. Con is probably a distant tertiary.

Yes, mechanically they are similar, but you could have been more specific. Also, they're not even the same mechanically as TWF doesn't let you add your ability modifier to the damage of the second weapon. While it achieves a similar thing, they are still two different things, and so it doesn't count as TWF or dual wielding.

I repeatedly said you could do it with Crossbow Expert, and I never once said it was TWF. You raged for no reason, you seriously need to calm down.

CantigThimble
2016-02-19, 07:17 PM
I have absolutely no clue who Kirito is but one of my players named their TWF Battlemaster after him. By the end of the first adventure he had won a solo 3x deadly encounter he had gotten himself into while the building burned down around them and a green dragon melted dozens of elves outside. There was an adventure planned that night, but instead they avoided it via extraordinary amounts of violence.

I am told that this was thematically appropriate for his character to some extent.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-19, 07:47 PM
I have absolutely no clue who Kirito is but one of my players named their TWF Battlemaster after him. By the end of the first adventure he had won a solo 3x deadly encounter he had gotten himself into while the building burned down around them and a green dragon melted dozens of elves outside. There was an adventure planned that night, but instead they avoided it via extraordinary amounts of violence.

I am told that this was thematically appropriate for his character to some extent.

I laughed when reading this and yes that sounds like something Kirito would do.

Submortimer
2016-02-20, 12:15 PM

You're being nitpicky. You knew what he meant.

You most certainly CAN wield a hand crossbow in each hand. Without crossbow Expert, you cannot fire both of them in the same round, but WITH crossbow expert, you can. Same thing with wielding a sword in one hand and a Hand crossbow in the other.

Weather or not you classify it as "two weapon fighting" doesn't really matter: the TWF style doesn't have any effect, because you already add your Stat bonus to the extra attack from Crossbow expert, and dual wielder specifically calls out Melee weapons for the AC bonus.

Moral of the story: don't be a lawyery jerkface.

Segev
2016-02-21, 02:47 AM

I laughed when reading this and yes that sounds like something Kirito would do.

Kirito isn't exactly a violence elemental, but his primary response to problems is to use obscene strength and speed to overwhelm them. He is a fighter, through and through, and uses fighting to solve most of his problems.

One of my favorite scenes is when he helps the beastmaster reasonably early in the first arc: She's being targeted by a team of murderers who want to steal a super-rare item from her which she needs to resurrect her treasured NPC minion. Kirito tells them to surrender, because he doesn't want to have to kill them. The whole team of them are initially worried, because they'd heard rumor of somebody dressed all in black who solos the "front line" of the game, but their boss assures them that no such high-level player would be this far back. So they attack...and he does nothing but let them cut through him. Repeatedly.

His combat regen is so high that their DPS is literally unable to overcome his recovery rate.

Annoyingly, this is actively contradicted later on, when he's reduced to low HP and it doesn't seem to rise on its own. But it's still a cool scene. I suppose that one doesn't really demonstrate my point, though. In the last arc of season two, his wife is helping a team of players beat a specific boss for a specific, sentimental reason, and another guild is trying to poach their victory by denying them access despite not having their whole team ready to go. Kirito shows up and solos literally half of a boss raid group, defeating multiple magic spells cast simultaneously by cutting them out of the air and then holding back about 30 people almost single-handedly while his wife and her team bust through the remaining 20 or so to get to the boss fight.

People who know the term "the black swordsman" tend not to want to mess with him for a reason.

Talamare
2016-02-21, 03:14 AM
People who know the term "The Black Swordsman" tend not to want to mess with him for a reason.
The Black Swordsman isn't Kirito...
It's Gutts, and Gutts doesn't play video games like a little boy

GM_3826
2016-02-21, 08:03 AM

There is room for two Black Swordsmen. Although one deserves the title more then the other.

Also, you misspelled Guts. And while I doubt he actually would, it's worth noting that guts never could play video games: He lives in Dark Ages hell.

Segev
2016-02-21, 02:29 PM

I will refrain from the snide comments about Guts based on his presentation in the anime and his...I'll politely call it an "obsession" with Griffith, and chalk that up to the anime being poorly done and focusing on the least interesting arc of the manga while teasing with the more interesting parts before flashing-back away from them.

Suffice it to say, Guts has never impressed me, because the story he's in has always been "meh" to me, and I cannot extricate the lack of interest inspired by the story from the "tell" of how awesome Guts is. It's not really shown. It's just a crapsack world beating on a not-too-bright thug who is said to have killed lots of people with a sword that is not all that impressive outside of its own anime. (It would be IRL, of course, but it's still in an anime, so it - fairly or not - gets compared to other fictional and anime swords.)

In short: meh. Kirito is a more interesting character. And I will stand by that even if you think Kirito is not all that interesting, because Guts has never inspired anything more positive than "meh" in me. And when Beserk! was popular, it inspired a "oh, great, him again" groan to see him brought up, because I saw him referenced a lot and was always unimpressed.

Dren Nas
2016-02-21, 11:41 PM
Kirito from season 1 is a battlemaster/assassin hybrid. season two would be a Battlemaster/arcane trickster hybrid.

Just my thoughts.

FlourescentKing
2016-02-22, 12:30 AM
IMO, monk is a terrible idea for Kirito. None of the abilities really fit and they don't get longswords-which are basically his defining aspect! Also, Kirito never punches.

Actually.....

Kirito killed Kuradeel by punching (okay, an open-handed punch) his hand into Kuradeel's chest. Also, the Deflect Missiles ability totally fits his GGO avatar. And he can run up walls (that one episode when he fell into that ice dragon nest)....and flurry of blows is pretty much the only thing he does, except with swords....Monk may not me 100% Kirito, but it certainly works.