PDA

View Full Version : A Thread about Miko

Lord
2016-02-18, 06:47 PM
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have a very serious problem.

You see, in the most recent Order of the Stick comic, the entity known as Miko has made an appearance. For those of you late to the party, let it be known that Miko is an entity which, whenever mentioned, brought up, or in any way brought into the comic for the tiniest most minuscule moment, will instantly provoke a massive flame war between the Pro-Miko camps, and the Anti-Miko camps.
It is practically an unspoken rule of the forums in fact. The Miko wars are an ancient tradition in the Order of the Stick Forums, with a long and glorious history. I myself lost my left leg from one particularly harsh flame.

Ah, good times.

Alas, the Miko wars died out some years ago, after Miko was cut in half by a throne which she cut in half earlier. While some persisted with predictions that she would return as a Zombie, via Tsukiko, these predictions were largely quashed, and so the glorious age of Miko flame wars came to an end.

Now it has come to my attention that Miko has recently appeared within the context of the latest strip. And though I was late in reading said strip, it has become apparent that not one flame war has broken out over Miko’s appearance within it.

This is clearly a violation of the unspoken rules, and it is a testament to the Giants mercy that he has not banned every single one of us. In our defense, we are out of practice by several hundred strips.

At any rate I mean to correct this unfortunate situation by proposing that Miko’s appearance in the latest strip is absolute proof that she is a baby eating monstrous being from beyond the stars, who is secretly behind every single evil event in the comic.

Please state your opinions in as narrow-minded a way as possible, with no toleration for differing views. Remember that we are not merely trying to create one Miko flame war, but to revitalize an ancient and glorious tradition of bloodshot eyes and carpel tunnel induced wrists.

Hoping for the best,
Lord22:smalltongue:

Kantaki
2016-02-18, 07:06 PM
Meh, Miko was arrogant, closeminded and kinda missed the point of being a paladin, but at the same time she tried. She tried to fulfil her duty, to what she considered lawful and good (mostly lawful). Unfortunately she was so convinced that only she knew what was right that she lost her path. And she payed the price.
I never liked her, but ultimately she is a pretty tragic character. She followed her path to its inevitable end and now she is dead and (hopefully) buried. Or burned, or thrown into the sea. Oh, whom am I kidding, the Gobbos most likely fed the dead Azurites to the crows. If the didn't eat them themself.
Anyway, I see no reason to hate (way to strong word) her after all this time.
Besides, her line in #1024 is pretty amusing

FujinAkari
2016-02-18, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately, both myself and David Arguille have retired, and so threads like that don't really work anymore :P

Nimrod's Son
2016-02-18, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately, both myself and David Arguille have retired, and so threads like that don't really work anymore :P
I'm not sure those ever really worked, as such. Getting a good long rally going with that guy was easy enough, but only because they court was walled off and there didn't seem to be any limit on the number of bounces. :smallamused:

But yeah, seeing how Miko's story has been tied up, and the author has spoken at length on his feelings on and intentions for that portion of the tale, there isn't really much to argue about any more. (Apart from perhaps whether she was morally justified in her actions :smallwink:)

Domino Quartz
2016-02-18, 07:25 PM
This reminds me - was Miko the reason "morally justified" discussions were banned?

Nimrod's Son
2016-02-18, 07:32 PM
She was a big part of it, but if I recall correctly it followed the mass acceptance of the idea that Redcloak is more than simply "a villain". Readers of SoD had known this for years, but it didn't catch on as a popularly-accepted idea until around the time of the Gobbotopia storyline, and suddenly there were a whole slew of threads full of people arguing based purely on their own real-life ideas about good and evil.

RedSand
2016-02-18, 07:32 PM
This reminds me - was Miko the reason "morally justified" discussions were banned?

I think that was because of Familicide and the ensuing arguments over "when is mass slaughter okay?" and "How old is Young Adult, really?"

Nimrod's Son
2016-02-18, 07:34 PM
I think that was because of Familicide and the ensuing arguments over "when is mass slaughter okay?" and "How old is Young Adult, really?"
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that. Familicide was the final straw, I believe.

Pyrous
2016-02-18, 07:45 PM
As anyone can see, those flame wars let a scar on my face, and I didn't even know that this comic existed at the time, much less the forum.

I like paladins. It's my class of choice. When I first read "SMITE EVIL" I knew she would fall. I praise the elder readers for their patience and their suffering of that "paladin" for more than two days. Oh, the joy of being a new reader.

"But Pyrous, if you like paladins, why don't you use the Paladin avatar in these fora?"

1) If there was a O-Chul standard avatar, I would. Even if it would contradict 2 and 3.

2) The standard avatar is white and blue. Miko's colors are white and blue. Miko's is not only a disgrace to the paladins class, she is also a perversion of the alignment.

3) If she was willing to atone, instead of simply wishing that the universe conspire to favor her, then I would like to help her to be an actual paladin. And then I would be willing to use her color scheme.

4) If I knew how to draw, even a stick figure, I would be using it instead.

TL,DR: I HATE that poser. If she was willing to admit that she might be wrong, and that she is not the special snowflake* that she think she is, I would, as a paladin, try to guide her to guide her "back" to the paladin-way-of-life. And I refuse to use the standard paladin avatar because of her.

* Funny how she acknowleges that Shojo is lying but still thinks that what he told her about being special is true.

Nimrod's Son
2016-02-18, 08:07 PM
Funny how she acknowleges that Shojo is lying but still thinks that what he told her about being special is true.
I can think of quite a few rock stars who feel much the same way about their original managers.

137beth
2016-02-18, 08:26 PM
Okay, if Miko, Trigak, Redcloak's Niece, get into a fight after they all simultaneously discover that Laurin and Spikey are the same person, which one of them would win the fight?

DaggerPen
2016-02-18, 08:49 PM
Okay, if Miko, Trigak, Redcloak's Niece, get into a fight after they all simultaneously discover that Laurin and Spikey are the same person, which one of them would win the fight?

I don't know, but do you think the resulting clarification from the Giant would belong in the Index? And would it add to its length by centimeters or inches?

Lord
2016-02-18, 10:45 PM
As anyone can see, those flame wars let a scar on my face, and I didn't even know that this comic existed at the time, much less the forum.

I like paladins. It's my class of choice. When I first read "SMITE EVIL" I knew she would fall. I praise the elder readers for their patience and their suffering of that "paladin" for more than two days. Oh, the joy of being a new reader.

"But Pyrous, if you like paladins, why don't you use the Paladin avatar in these fora?"

1) If there was a O-Chul standard avatar, I would. Even if it would contradict 2 and 3.

2) The standard avatar is white and blue. Miko's colors are white and blue. Miko's is not only a disgrace to the paladins class, she is also a perversion of the alignment.

3) If she was willing to atone, instead of simply wishing that the universe conspire to favor her, then I would like to help her to be an actual paladin. And then I would be willing to use her color scheme.

4) If I knew how to draw, even a stick figure, I would be using it instead.

TL,DR: I HATE that poser. If she was willing to admit that she might be wrong, and that she is not the special snowflake* that she think she is, I would, as a paladin, try to guide her to guide her "back" to the paladin-way-of-life. And I refuse to use the standard paladin avatar because of her.

* Funny how she acknowleges that Shojo is lying but still thinks that what he told her about being special is true.

Excellent work keeping with the spirit of things, my good fellow. Now we just need someone to argue against you.

LastCenturion
2016-02-18, 11:38 PM
I don't know, but do you think the resulting clarification from the Giant would belong in the Index? And would it add to its length by centimeters or inches?

I think it would definitely belong in the index, but filed in reverse alphabetical order. And, as always, we would add to its length in exaamperes. Exactly the way the Miko likes it, because Miko is amazing. The one character in the strip who actually follows an alignment, instead of just labeling themselves as following an alignment.

Douglas
2016-02-18, 11:51 PM
It's an amusing joke, but I think I'll close this thread before it becomes an actual flame war.