PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Stone Rat Priest of Decadence [Fun with the class mashup generator; PEACH]

Jormengand
2016-02-19, 11:30 AM
Let's see what the random generator gives us this time:

Stone Rat Priest of Decadence
This class focuses on offensive fighting, exploring skills and physical melee combat. They are especially bad at healing, physical ranged combat and exotic weapons. They are better known for their non-combat skills.

Ooh, I have an idea. The cult of the stone rat. Legendary climbers, who use daggers to climb. And kill people, but no-one talks about that. Dedicated to cultural decline to the point that all that is left is climbing on the stone ruins - hence the name of stone rats.

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecial
Dagger Damage Bonus
1st+0+2+2+0Stone Rat Style
1d6
2nd+1+3+3+0Decadent Strike 1d3
1d6
3rd+2+3+3+1Stone Rat Trick +5
1d6
4th+3+4+4+1True Stone Rat Style
2d6
5th+3+4+4+1Stone Rat Climb
2d6
6th+4+5+5+2Decadent Strike 2d3
2d6
7th+5+5+5+2Stone Rat Trick +10
3d6
8th+6/+1+6+6+2Improved Stone Rat Style
3d6
9th+6/+1+6+6+3Bladefall
3d6
10th+7/+2+7+7+3Decadent Strike 3d3
4d6
11th+8/+3+7+7+3Stone Rat Trick +15
4d6
12th+9/+4+8+8+4Flawless Stone Rat Style
4d6
13th+9/+4+8+8+4Climb Anything
5d6
14th+10/+5+9+9+4Decadent Strike 4d3
5d6
15th+11/+6/+1+9+9+5Stone Rat Trick +20
5d6
16th+12/+7/+2+10+10+5Greater Stone Rat Style
6d6
17th+12/+7/+2+10+10+5Never Letting Go
6d6
18th+13/+8/+3+11+11+6Decadent Strike 5d3
6d6
19th+14/+9/+4+11+11+6Stone Rat Trick +25
7d6
20th+15/+10/+5+12+12+6Ultimate Stone Rat Style
7d6

Alignment: Any, usually any chaotic
Hit Die: 1d8
Special: The stone rat style requires two limbs normally capable of using weapons, and two limbs normally incapable of using most weapons, such as two arms and two legs. A creature must conform to these requirements to become a stone rat priest of decadence or use their class features.

Class Skills:
The class skills of the stone rat priest of decadence (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) (Int), Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Martial Arts) (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex) and Use Rope (Dex)
Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armour Proficiency
Stone rat priests of decadence are only capable in their own unique fighting style, requiring two daggers. Thus, the stone rat priest of decadence is proficient in the dagger and with no type of armour or shield.

Stone Rat Style (Ex)
Stone rat priests of decadence fight in their own unique style. A stone rat priest of decadence with a dagger in each of two hands is considered to be in stone rat style, and benefits from the two-weapon fighting feat.

Dagger Damage Bonus (Ex)
The stone rat priest of decadence deals extra damage when making a melee attack with his dagger, given on Table: The Stone Rat Priest of Decadence, as long as he is in stone rat style.

Decadent Strike (Ex)
The stone rat priest of decadence learns how to target weak points of buildings and people. While in stone rat style, his dagger attacks deal 1d3 points of hardness damage to an object at 3rd level and 1d3 more per 4 levels thereafter, or the same amount of DR damage to a creature hit. That is, the object's hardness or creature's DR (the creature chooses which DR you reduce first - finally, a use for that DR/magic!). Hardness or DR damage naturally recovers at a rate of 1 per hour as gravity naturally fills in the weak points of a structure by crushing it back together, and a creature's toughened skin regenerates. Hardness and DR can't be made negative like this.

Stone Rat Trick (Ex)
So long as the stone rat priest is in stone rat style and has enough string or rope attached to his daggers (he can just tie on a piece of rope or string), he can make an attack at a reach increased by a number of feet given on Table: The Stone Rat Priest of Decadence. He can then pull himself adjacent to any creature or object he strikes as a free action just after doing so.

True Stone Rat Style (Ex)
At fourth level, a stone rat priest of decadence has mastered the basics of stone rat style, and can now move on to the main technique: wielding daggers in his feet. A stone rat priest of decadence wielding four daggers like this is considered to be in true stone rat style (and still in stone rat style), and benefits from the multiweapon fighting feat.

Stone Rat Climb (Ex)
At fifth level, the stone rat priest of decadence can use the real purpose of stone rat style: not to fight, but to climb. He gains the following benefits:

While in true stone rat style, he can climb despite not having any hands free, and can climb from a distance much like a Stone Rat Trick, except that he doesn't attack the wall and the Stone Rat Trick is made as part of the same action to climb.
He gets a bonus equal to his level on climb, hide and move silently checks.
He gets half this bonus to balance, jump, listen and spot checks.
He gets half of that bonus (a quarter of his level) to escape artist, ride, sleight of hand and use rope checks.

Improved Stone Rat Style (Ex)
From 8th level, the stone rat priest of decadence benefits from the improved multiweapon fighting feat while in true stone rat style, and the improved two-weapon fighting feat while in stone rat style.

Bladefall (Ex)
At ninth level, whenever the stone rat priest of decadence lands on a creature, he gets a free full attack against that creature.

Flawless Stone Rat Style (Ex)
At 12th level, the stone rat priest of decadence no longer takes penalties for fighting with more than one weapon while in stone rat style.

Climb Anything (Ex)
At 13th level the stone rat priest of decadence treats any object as having adequate handholds and footholds (dc 20), usually removing the need for a check, while in true stone rat style. This allows her to climb even creatures, waterfalls, and other usually-unclimbable things.

Greater Stone Rat Style (Ex)
At 16th level, the stone rat priest of decadence benefits from the greater multiweapon fighting feat while in true stone rat style, and the greater two-weapon fighting feat while in stone rat style.

Never Letting Go (Ex)
At 17th level, the stone rat priest of decadence can't be knocked off something he's climbing.

Ultimate Stone Rat Style
At 20th level, all attacks made by the stone rat priest of decadence while he is in stone rat style are made at his highest base attack bonus, and the second and third offhand attacks have no associated penalty.

sengmeng
2016-02-19, 11:46 AM
This is beyond weird... but I guess that's the goal? It seems fun, but that is a huge amount of damage with the bonus and the four daggers. The climbing mechanics with the rope trick are a bit weird, but the flavor is nice and it would make just moving around in combat a bit more interesting. I'd probably allow this in my game, but I'd give the players plenty of warning if they had to fight one. May I suggest simply calling it a Stone Rat Cultist?

Where is this mystical class generator you speak of?

nikkoli
2016-02-19, 12:06 PM
I actuealy fell out of my chair as I read this on my phone. It is fantastic. I'm going to make one of these and put it up against my players and I'll post in here if anything interesting happens. But I do agree greater no penalty multi weapon fighting with 12× 1d4+7d6+3d3 DR/hardness negation (assuming medium) is enough to murderize a whole squad of less than god optimized melee people.

Jormengand
2016-02-19, 12:12 PM
May I suggest simply calling it a Stone Rat Cultist?

I have to work with what I'm given. :smalltongue:

Where is this mystical class generator you speak of?

They're linked in the Temporal Demi-Artificer of Might (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?478994-The-Temporal-Demi-Artificer-of-Might-Fun-with-the-class-mashup-generator-PEACH) thread.

I actuealy fell out of my chair as I read this on my phone. It is fantastic.

It's the comments like this that make me love what I do. :smallbiggrin:

As for the damage output, yeah, it's a lot, but it's not as bad as a rogue with the con damage talent waving sneak attacks at things. Also, there's the fact that you utterly suck at range and there's not a lot you can do about it.

sengmeng
2016-02-19, 12:17 PM
Also, there's the fact that you utterly suck at range and there's not a lot you can do about it.

At ranges over 25 feet. Otherwise, you're instantly in stabbing range.

Jormengand
2016-02-19, 12:26 PM
At ranges over 25 feet. Otherwise, you're instantly in stabbing range.

From 19th level, yes, but that doesn't help you if you're being shot from 1100 feet away (or possibly one and a half times that). You're also dead meat in open ground because you can't do any of your neat climbing stuff. Although, you can try using Stone Rat Trick to pull yourself towards the ground repeatedly as a full action, but that's only any faster than running normally at obscenely high levels.