PDA

View Full Version : Kalamanthis?

urkthegurk
2016-02-19, 12:46 PM
Is there any published rules effects for kalamanthis? This is a drug referenced in the diamond lake arc of the Age of Worms adventure path published in Dungeon magazine. I seem to remember it mentioned in other sources about the Cairn Hills and Diamond Lake, but I have no idea where.

I just like referencing canon in my game, even though my players don't know squat about published settings and probably haven't read anything beyond maybe the canticle series. If there is established descriptors for what kalamanthis does I would like to incorporate it

ImNotTrevor
2016-02-19, 01:01 PM
The one source that I found showed that it is a psychotropic plant with a Narcotic effect that can be smoked or snorted. Similar to cocaine in how it enters the bloodstream, probably closer to Opioids in terms of behavior. (Morphine, Heroin, etc.) I can't find the exact effects, but Narcotics tend to have vaguely similar effects and behaviors, so look to those.

For mechanical effects, I found nothing. But a bit of searching into other narcotics might help you figure something out.