PDA

View Full Version : Tiamat with Class Levels

RickAllison
2016-02-20, 12:41 AM
My DM and I had a discussion about maximizing the danger of Tiamat (as if she needed a boost). If you could have Tiamat's form from True Polymorph and could have 20 PC levels, what would you choose? I don't think there is a wrong answer, but I'm excited to hear the possibilites!

Quintessence
2016-02-20, 01:54 AM
20 levels of moon druid, if they can't break past wild shape HP then they can't win the fight and all the spell slinging would be glorious. A boring answer but I love druids :3

Foxhound438
2016-02-20, 02:39 AM
oathbreaker paladin for improved divine smite + charisma mod on 5 legendary action attacks plus normal attacks.

GanonBoar
2016-02-20, 02:43 AM
For fluff, 20 Fiendlock with herself being her own patron (she is listed as a fiend on her statblock).

RulesJD
2016-02-20, 02:55 AM
For sheer difficulty?

Wizard no question's asked. Hell she could Wish (to herself?) -> Simulacrum herself.

PoeticDwarf
2016-02-20, 04:06 AM
20 levels of moon druid, if they can't break past wild shape HP then they can't win the fight and all the spell slinging would be glorious. A boring answer but I love druids :3
PWK, Tiamat lost, everyone loves high level PCs

oathbreaker paladin for improved divine smite + charisma mod on 5 legendary action attacks plus normal attacks.
Pretty cool idea

For fluff, 20 Fiendlock with herself being her own patron (she is listed as a fiend on her statblock).
Awesome

I'd probably go for a cleric

joaber
2016-02-22, 01:25 AM
wild magic 18/ bladesinger 2.

33 AC, quick spells, and save alwamore wild.

joaber
2016-02-22, 01:27 AM
duplicated

Gnomes2169
2016-02-22, 02:35 AM
Paladin (oathbreaker) 11/ Sorcerer (favored soul (death)) 9. For even more physical beefiness (technically, she would gain proficiency with shields. So 27 base AC, and lay on hands from paladin to help heal even more, shield and defensive buffs from sorc), more damage (+1d8+10 every hit, with extra from divine smites for Paladin, elemental weapon/ haste for sorc) and the ability to make a private army (find steed from paladin (just for the lulz, Imagine Tiamat riding a horse. You're welcome.), animate dead from sorc (with the bonus of those undead also gaining +10 damage/ hit as long as they are within 30 feet of her)). Oh, and she would be able to cast Dimension Door. KITE HER NOW MOTHATRUCKAS!!!!!

1 level 3 slot for haste would also help Tiamat catch the annoying, scampering mice. But, you know, those slots are also for all of your undead minions, so...

lebefrei
2016-02-23, 02:44 AM
Paladin Oath of the Ancients 14/Warlock Undying Light 6. I assume she benefits from no ASI as she is polymorphed and loses her previous stats

She'd smite every turn, have +9 bonus to all saves due to charisma(combined with legendary resistance she may never fail anything), bonus divine damage on all attacks (3d8 more damage a turn with claws and tail), resists all spells(in addition to her immunities, advantage and saves this makes her amazing against casters), resists radiant damage (actually very useful for her!)...

And the main reason we took Undying Light (instead of one more level in paladin for a lesser effect) the final, worst blow possible if you actually manage to take her down? You're starting to celebrate and waiting for her Discorporation but no, here comes Searing Vengeance! Watch as she rises again at half health, everyone in 30 feet takes 19 damage and is blinded (on a fight this hard with an unexpected second act this could be really bad) and.... Now you have to fight her again with 300 more health(and she still regenerates 30hp/turn). She probably has spells slots left to smite. Have fun.

ImSAMazing
2016-02-23, 03:35 AM
PWK, Tiamat lost, everyone loves high level PCs

Pretty cool idea

Awesome

I'd probably go for a cleric
Some DMs rule otherwise with PWK and Wildshape. I think if a DM would give Tiamat class levels, especially 20 levels, I don't think the DM would let a simple spell kill his magnificent Deity.

PoeticDwarf
2016-02-23, 10:18 AM
Some DMs rule otherwise with PWK and Wildshape. I think if a DM would give Tiamat class levels, especially 20 levels, I don't think the DM would let a simple spell kill his magnificent Deity.

True, but I think there was a twitter or something that officially it worked that way.

And if a DM doesn't allow a PWK that way, then the party has NO CHANCE AT ALL, except if they are all moon druids :D

RickAllison
2016-02-23, 11:08 AM
I'm kind of liking the Undying Light surprise attack :smallwink:

As for the ASIs, with the DM's rules for taking classes as a TP'd creature, she would get the ASIs (each TP form can have levels if they work, but the levels in your base form don't transfer), although the only abilty score she can add to is DEX. Still, +5 AC or 5 feats to work from!