PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Good feats for Incorporeal Monsters

Thealtruistorc
2016-02-20, 12:51 AM
I am aware that monsters typically don't get a lot of feat support due to the fact that most sourcebooks in pathfinder are aimed towards players, but I can't help but cringe every time I see some of the feat selections for certain creatures, particularly incorporeal ones (look at the dread shadow and the Wyrmwraith and you'll see what I mean). Almost all of them have skill focus, mobility, and other feats that don't help their combat abilities in the slightest, and I want to know what some good alternatives are.

If you could rearrange the feats on your incorporeal beasties, what would you do with them?

Jack_Simth
2016-02-20, 12:59 AM
Flyby Attack is one of the tasty ones. Incorporeal critters have a fly speed, and so qualify. Meanwhile, being able to emerge, attack, and go back underground goes wonderfully with anything that has a decent standard-action attack, especially if it's ranged.

Zanos
2016-02-20, 02:47 AM
Ghostwalk is a good resource for incorporeal monsters/characters. Of the top of my head, I believe there's a feat in there that lets ghosts use corporeal items normally.

The Glyphstone
2016-02-20, 03:57 AM
Ghostwalk is a good resource for incorporeal monsters/characters. Of the top of my head, I believe there's a feat in there that lets ghosts use corporeal items normally.

Ghostly Grasp is from Libris Mortis. It's got a bunch of other useful stuff for undead there too, like Lifesight.