PDA

View Full Version : I think I made the pixie angry

PoeticDwarf
2016-02-20, 04:26 AM
The party and me had to qualify themselfs, so they could enter a dungeon. The 4 of us and 8 others played a sort of one in the chamber game in a forest and the 4 who didn't fail (the ones who failed didn't die, no worries).

When the kobold of our party failed, me and 4 others were remaining when a knife was flying to my ranger (pixie size, a note, if you are hit by the knife you've lost). The knife missed me and I already had two because I defeated an half-elf. I missed two times and the pixie had his knife back. I ran and was entangled.

With a 23 on diplomacy (level 2 adventurers) the pixie and I got a team just before it would be too late for me. Later I got the goblin and there were 4 left. It didn't end and I was the first one to figure it out. I got the half-ogre with an easy stab. I got a random humand but I didn't have knives left and the pixie was just behind me.

I commanded my wolf to bite the pixie. Stabbed the pixie and then healed him (the knife was magical and didn't do dmg).

This way I won, but my character is good and I like the pixie. Is there an easy way to befriend the pixie or something pixies like. Maybe a ranger spell in 3.5 (put this on roleplaying because it's about pixies in general)

nedz
2016-02-20, 10:00 AM
This looks like it ought to be in the 3.5 sub-forum - no matter, you'd just get more answers.

Level 2 Rangers don't, usually, get spells in 3.5.

Pixies are notoriously fickle, like most fey, so they can be hard to befriend, or even understand. It's quite hard to say really, because it mainly depends upon how your DM is running pixies.

Inevitability
2016-02-20, 11:04 AM

I'm the DM in question, and the player is playing a mystic ranger. I hope that clarifies things.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-20, 11:11 AM
*Ninja_Prawn's Obligatory Post*

Kind of hard to make any suggestions here, because the DM will know where they came from!

If I were playing the pixie, I'd be pretty upset. It sounds like you violently betrayed him for your own gain. It'd take a lot to go from there to 'friends'. And casting a spell or using an ability that forces him to be your friend can only make things worse. Your best bet is probably going to be a combination of actions (exemplary behaviour showing that you are kind and trustworthy) and ritual sacrifice (fey creatures love their traditions!), over a decent period of time.

nedz
2016-02-20, 11:54 AM
I'm the DM in question, and the player is playing a mystic ranger. I hope that clarifies things.

Ah, well I had used the word usually to cover that eventuality.

I guess this means he has level 1 spells, and a few cantrips. Somehow I don't think that's going to help too much.

Inevitability
2016-02-20, 12:10 PM
I guess this means he has level 1 spells, and a few cantrips. Somehow I don't think that's going to help too much.

You'll be surprised how effective Towering Oak can be when used right. :smalltongue:

PoeticDwarf
2016-02-20, 01:03 PM
*Ninja_Prawn's Obligatory Post*

Kind of hard to make any suggestions here, because the DM will know where they came from!

If I were playing the pixie, I'd be pretty upset. It sounds like you violently betrayed him for your own gain. It'd take a lot to go from there to 'friends'. And casting a spell or using an ability that forces him to be your friend can only make things worse. Your best bet is probably going to be a combination of actions (exemplary behaviour showing that you are kind and trustworthy) and ritual sacrifice (fey creatures love their traditions!), over a decent period of time.
True, I meant a spell giving him sonething he liks not charm but yeah. I can search more about pixie traditions; thanks for the help.

Note: I didn't betray the pixie, the alliance was over (because of him) forgot to make that clear. I'm sorry for almost killing the pixie

This looks like it ought to be in the 3.5 sub-forum - no matter, you'd just get more answers.

Pixies are notoriously fickle, like most fey, so they can be hard to befriend, or even understand. It's quite hard to say really, because it mainly depends upon how your DM is running pixies.

I said I'm a mystic ranger. Thanks for the post, though.

Inevitability
2016-02-20, 01:47 PM

Actually, you didn't.

nedz
2016-02-20, 02:05 PM
No I don't think you did.

You'll be surprised how effective Towering Oak can be when used right. :smalltongue:
In befriending a Pixie ?
I'm not sure I want to know :smallredface: